The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should Have Started With Excalibur!

thehotsung8701A

I made a new account just to try out Excalibur before he get his complete re-work and I have to say...should have trust my instinct.

I feel like a much fluid and better player as Excalibur then the other starting frame.  I made full use of combat and parkour that I would ignore on other frame. 

Grant, I know a lot of these knowledge has a lot to do with having 90 hours into the game, but it make me wonder how much more fun I would have gotten out of Warframe had I gotten Excalibur instead of Volt?

Not to mention Excalibur actually look amazing and not as plain and dry as I have been mistakenly thinking.  The back part of his suit is so detail and amazing and makes me feel like Crysis all over again! 

His first ability is so fun to use as well even if it not very effective.  I feel like slowing down, getting stealth kill, and checking every container for loot that I would completely ignore on other frame.  Basically Excalibur makes me do all the tiresome chore (but fun on Excalibur) that I would just speed through (Volt) on other frame.  Melee is also fun on Excalibur because he truly feel like a ninja.  On Volt I just shock everyone so there was very little need for melee.   

The material on Excalibur is amazing as well.  Excalibur is so easy to color and almost every color look so good on him.  Excalibur makes me feel like part of the game, whereas my current main frame Volt (yes more Volt bashing!!!), feel like I'm just trying to rush through the game so I can get every unlockable frames, weapons, and mods.

Does anyone here feel this way?  It amazing how much fun I am having with Excalibur compare to Volt, though unfortunately I can't switch them around since that another account. 

Well, I know it's quite a high level mission but maybe you could try and make your way towards pluto? If you still have a second warframe slot you can get the excalibur parts there and use him on your main account, maybe try finding a good squad to defeat ambulas a few times

I started with Loki, first it was weird that i dont have any (damaging?) abilities, but i got used to it, all the frames are enjoyable, i only got Excal around mastery 12-13 (which was a lot of time) but still, #noragrets #lokimasterrace

Well, I know it's quite a high level mission but maybe you could try and make your way towards pluto? If you still have a second warframe slot you can get the excalibur parts there and use him on your main account, maybe try finding a good squad to defeat ambulas a few times

The honeymoon period is over unfortunately.  Excalibur just feel like I'm part of the environment.  I can roleplay, I can take into the sight and sound.  I just never did this with any of my current Warframes.  Just doesn't have that same fresh paint smell (yuck).  I really wish I did not listen to my friend since everyone like different things. 

I always tell my friend to get volt or Excalibur but how i feel about them is excal is a good starter frame since you dont realy have mods and volt is a good frame with the right mods and i am not a fan of mag so i always tell everyone to stay away from her haha

Volt is better than excalibur but he isn't fun for me.  In fact Volt is my most hated frame and to me the ugliest frame in the game.  I should have started this game before U16.  This is what Volt should have look like https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/251825-alternate-volt/ but instead we get what we have now.  I would have choosen Loki over Excalibur and that been my biggest regret ever since starting this game, that I miss out on Loki, and have to be stuck with Volt for a long period of time before I got my 2nd frame.  Volt Prime helmet should have been default Volt helmet. 

With Volt, I don't really enjoy Warframe much, I just speed through everything and can't wait for the mission to be over.  I can't see myself ever roleplaying with Volt, he just seem like such a mess.  The stance of an animal and the look of a redcoat while wearing ugly female high boots. 

If you want him that badly i could help you farm him and throw some extra plat your way for a slot if need be. Just message me on the forums or add me ingame, i'll be on in a couple of hours. Im just glad that someone is enjoying the game :P

Edited by kiteohatto

Volt is better than excalibur but he isn't fun for me.  In fact Volt is my most hated frame and to me the ugliest frame in the game.  I should have started this game before U16.  This is what Volt should have look like https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/251825-alternate-volt/ but instead we get what we have now.  I would have choosen Loki over Excalibur and that been my biggest regret ever since starting this game, that I miss out on Loki, and have to be stuck with Volt for a long period of time before I got my 2nd frame.  Volt Prime helmet should have been default Volt helmet. 

With Volt, I don't really enjoy Warframe much, I just speed through everything and can't wait for the mission to be over.  I can't see myself ever roleplaying with Volt, he just seem like such a mess.  The stance of an animal and the look of a redcoat while wearing ugly female high boots.

Oi the skull in prime helmet is absolutely terrible pulse is the way to go. Besides volt is fabulous

If you want him that badly i could help you farm him and throw some extra plat your way for a slot if need be. Just message me on the forums or add me ingame, i'll be on in a couple of hours. Im just glad that someone is enjoying the game :P

That would be awesome mate and would really make my day!  I added you as a friend in game. 

In all honesty Excalibur is in my top 3 reasons to play Warframe.

After 1500 hours in this game I still love him more than any other frame, I main him, rework or not.

Knowing he's being looking at to make it more viable for end game was for me one of the best announcements of this Warframe year.

Welcome to the Excalibur master race club, we're more than you think!

I always wonder why do people love Excalibur so much. Unless you buy immortal skin (and/or syandanas and armour) he looks plain and even if you colour him he just becomes a power ranger.

His skills are terrible - #1 and #3 are easily replaced by coptering and aerial melee. #2 could be useful but you would be only running around blinding people while there are other CC frames that will also utilise their remaining abilities. #4 deals low damage unless buffed by other frames. Not to mention wonky LoS that might or might not f#@% you up occasionally.

I like how most of the people called Excalibur and Mag the most weak warframes and now since hes getting reworked, suddenly everyone starts liking him. Ok..

*puts on shades* I liked Excalibro before it was cool.     Hipster Rank +1

I always wonder why do people love Excalibur so much. Unless you buy immortal skin (and/or syandanas and armour) he looks plain and even if you colour him he just becomes a power ranger.

His skills are terrible - #1 and #3 are easily replaced by coptering and aerial melee. #2 could be useful but you would be only running around blinding people while there are other CC frames that will also utilise their remaining abilities. #4 deals low damage unless buffed by other frames. Not to mention wonky LoS that might or might not f#@% you up occasionally.

He fits in with the environment.  You feel like your part of your environment.  He feel like a true Ninja, and you mostly look at his back more than his front when your playing.  His back is awesome, look like a eco skeletonal crysis suit.  He makes you fully use your environment instead of ignoring it.  His #1 skill is fun to use.  He makes you feel like you rather use your sword instead of gun and parkour with him is so much fun.  Also more than any other frame, he feel like a hero and a leader instead of a sidekick.  He just plain awesome, and he awesome even if he did or didn't have his re-work. 

Excalibur is fun to solo with and role play and feel your part of an existing story.  Other frames feel like your just there to farm void mission. 

Welcome to the Excalibro club! Glad to see another player enjoy using him.

Truthfully I main Excalibur but will only use mobility/utility builds on him. I don't build for his powers, and it's not because I think his powers are useless. Really I just like having an agile multi-use frame. My Excalibur is my presentation of my ability to effectively play high level content without relying on ultimates, debuffs, and buffs, to carry myself. It's just me, my Braton P, AkLatos, and Skana, and I'm happy with that. Even with all the time spent in the game, I play like this because it's purely fun for me. But I'll love Excal always rework or not. Was my starter frame.

I was about to build Excal until I heard about the rework. I prefer to use frames that really on skill and not only dependant on abilities to kill.

I'm afraid that if I build him now, I may get too attached to his abilities and be annoyed with the rework.I'd rather wait until they rework him and get used to his new set of skills.

Edited by Hypernaut1

To be honest i like the looks of Excal a lot but his kit is meh - i mean, his first is very nice and his ult is decent, but the other skills just feel... Meh.

If the rework goes the direction i think it's going i'm gonna need to grind another two MRs to get a loadout slot for him.

Excal plus immortal skin amd Pendragon helmet. Such love.

2 cents from a Volt user.