The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have We Simply Been Overthinking Things? - Aka: "hey! More On Tenno Physiology!"

Morec0

So, I was looking through skins for... project reasons, and I stumbled across the Phased Skins again, so I took a look at them because "hey, why not, I might try to do something with them at some point" and then I read the description of... well, all of them:

The Void's corrupting energy has scarred this [syandana/Warframe/weapon], leaving it permanently out of phase with conventional space.

And that got me thinking.

We're all, well most of us anyway, in agreement that the Tenno are corrupted by the Void, twisted in some way, we've just never know what that "twisted" entailed. Could it be we've been overlooking it all this time? Could it be the Tenno that pilot the Warframes are, to some extent, phased?

No, I'm not saying we're energy beings, we're still very much physical, we're just slightly "off" from reality. Not quite Real, Not Quite Void, not even Quite Rift. Something else entirely, something new; something a little more tainted than these Phased skins are.

Could be this is how we switch frames, being "off" we're not able to naturally fit into whatever room is allotted to us - maybe like a liquid in a container, if that simile makes any sense; or, perhaps more accurately, filling in the "atomic gaps" of the Warframe, if that makes any sense either - but who knows.

Maybe I'm just off my rocker. Only time will tell.

Edited by Morec0

I might be watching different Matrix movies than you, I'm not sure what the correlation here is.

"Off of reality".

Maybe we're like those guys in the relays, and we're elite agents who get the chance to "plug" ourselvess to a frame and...

Nah, nah it doesn't work...

tumblr_mibb51SsXf1s24r7mo1_500.gif

"Off of reality".

Maybe we're like those guys in the relays, and we're elite agents who get the chance to "plug" ourselvess to a frame and...

Nah, nah it doesn't work...

tumblr_mibb51SsXf1s24r7mo1_500.gif

Or does it!?  Could that be what is in the secret compartment in the orbiter that Ordis isn't supposed to show us?

*tinfoil intensifies*

DE said warframes lore is connected to dark sector, so tenno are prolly just infested, like hayden tenno.

Can't say I like the forced connection to their previous game.

I think it's still a stretch to immediately say they're Infested JUST because of Dark Sector, though. I'm still of the mind the connection to Hayden is still through the Warframes, but that's just me.

Maybe we're only partially phased, and that's why we can fit into boy and girl frames. :P

Well, to be fair we don't really know what "Phased" means in the first place, though it seemingly still has some basis on the physical world (even phased weapons can deal damage and phased frames can take it).

Maybe we are just semi solidified blood like jelly that fits into anything/can take different shapes.

It would explain why we bleed since the warframe itself can be pierced thus letting the blood out until the warframe itself seals the breach hence the bleed proc countdown in our hud.

Hmmm, maybe.

To add on to my blood theory, notice how health orbs are these jelly sacks that changing shape in the animation.

Health is our life blood to live and these health orbs kinda support my theory as I have just realized

I considered this as well, until it hit me that just might be for the colorblind people. Still a bit animated for that, though, so it's still very likely. I've always associated the energy we pick up as being the kind of energy that fuels our Warframes, anyway.

I considered this as well, until it hit me that just might be for the colorblind people. Still a bit animated for that, though, so it's still very likely. I've always associated the energy we pick up as being the kind of energy that fuels our Warframes, anyway.

I always saw health and energy pickups as what we "see" as frames/Tenno when we kill things. In reality, they're probably just life force (and whatever remaining energy is in the bodies) absorbed by the frames i.e. invisible to the naked eye.

I always saw health and energy pickups as what we "see" as frames/Tenno when we kill things. In reality, they're probably just life force (and whatever remaining energy is in the bodies) absorbed by the frames i.e. invisible to the naked eye.

Aye, I too doubt that when we kill Grineer random blobs of energy just plop out, but the intended idea's the same: the RPC shows the creature in it consuming flesh before using more of its skills, gaining energy a normal way; but imagine of the Warframe technology had been further refined after that point, to the point where if there's a strong enough grouping of healthy or energy filled matter it could simply absorb it by passing by it, immediately incorporating it into its systems.