Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Uh... Is Excalibur Gonna Be A Boss Or Not?

creepercola106

my bet is that it will be a little less "strategic" to play

This implies he's strategic now.

Having a big jump isn't very strategic.

For OP, Slash Dash will work in a sort of radial cone, working on enemies similar to the end of the Tombs of the Sentient trailer. Radial Blind will be castable while moving, Radial Javelin will replace Super Jump as the third ability and he'll get a new ability similar to Hysteria where he summons a skana and fires energy waves or something.

So now he's going to have a kit that isn't entirely outclassed.

He needed a rework, really. His constant shifting left him in a broken and clunky state.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

This implies he's strategic now.

Having a big jump isn't very strategic.

For OP, Slash Dash will work in a sort of radial cone, working on enemies similar to the end of the Tombs of the Sentient trailer. Radial Blind will be castable while moving, Radial Javelin will replace Super Jump as the third ability and he'll get a new ability similar to Hysteria where he summons a skana and fires energy waves or something.

So now he's going to have a kit that isn't entirely outclassed.

He needed a rework, really. His constant shifting left him in a broken and clunky state.

First noticed the " " on the word strategic.

And second: YES, an ability that only allows you to reposition yourself is probably the closest to strategic you will find in this game giving him a "coned bladestorm" is not closer i know, i don't even use super jump but it is the anti-press4towin ability.

And second: YES, an ability that only allows you to reposition yourself is probably the closest to strategic you will find in this game giving him a "coned bladestorm" is not closer i know, i don't even use super jump but it is the anti-press4towin ability.

Barely. It is the absolute tiniest bit strategic.

It's even less strategic than Tailwind, Ripline, Wormhole, Teleport/Switch Teleport etc.

It also isn't the 'anti-press4towin' ability. What a ridiculous statement.

You could say the same rubbish about pretty much any other ability.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

· Slash Dash will be changed from a singular slash in one direction to a multiple hit attack against all enemies in a cone. Using a melee attack will cancel this action, and cancelling will auto-equip a melee weapon.

· Radial Blind will be able to be used on the move and will open up enemies to finishers. Excalibur will get custom execution animations.

· Super Jump is being removed.

· Radial Javelin will be moved to his third Ability Power, and will see some adjustments.

· Excalibur will receive a new fourth Ability Power, allowing Excalibur to draw his sword and slash energy waves forwards into enemies. This will have its own custom stance.

Sounds good, super jump wasn't particularly useful, the recently needed RJ will be his 3rd so a lower energy cost will make it more worth it again and his new 4 sounds good

Barely. It is the absolute tiniest bit strategic.

It's even less strategic than Tailwind, Ripline, Wormhole, Teleport/Switch Teleport etc.

It also isn't the 'anti-press4towin' ability. What a ridiculous statement.

You could say the same rubbish about pretty much any other ability.

I'm guessing you don't know what super jump is, what it does, or how to use it. Definitely sounds like you haven't the slightest clue. Play around with it. You'd be surprised.

@OP: It's really hard to guess. Realistically, excal is getting as many as 3 new skills and a total rework on his first skill, so it's anyone's guess as to how well he'll handle. Combining RJ+RB has been a suggestion for a long, long, long time, and if there's something replacing the ultra-cheap, ultra-useful SJ, it's hard to imagine how much different it could be.

I also hope they give him passives like Mesa and rework his prime... That goes for other old primes too btw, new primes stats are way more buffed then the old ones counterparts. They just need to bring them up to par with what it is now.

I'm guessing you don't know what super jump is, what it does, or how to use it. Definitely sounds like you haven't the slightest clue.

Nice assumption you got there.

Good to know I can just ignore what you say from here on.

The excal fanboys can go on about how great SJ is all they want and just say people dunno how to use it when they disagree, but while it is a useful ability, it is painfully outclassed and is certainly no more strategic than anything else.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

DevStream 50

· Slash Dash will be changed from a singular slash in one direction to a multiple hit attack against all enemies in a cone. Using a melee attack will cancel this action, and cancelling will auto-equip a melee weapon.

· Radial Blind will be able to be used on the move and will open up enemies to finishers. Excalibur will get custom execution animations.

· Super Jump is being removed.

· Radial Javelin will be moved to his third Ability Power, and will see some adjustments.

· Excalibur will receive a new fourth Ability Power, allowing Excalibur to draw his sword and slash energy waves forwards into enemies. This will have its own custom stance.

I main excalibur since then, and the incoming rework makes me so excited about him. hype hype hype !

I'm personally sad to see Super Jump go, it's one of those fun skills I really enjoy in Warframe, and while I would of liked to see it get buffed (especially during the early ranks of it), I was happy with it.

Not to keen on this rework, lol. I'm gonna miss OldExcal.

I already know that I will have a 1 centric build with as much speed as possible...just cuz.

Especially since you will be able to melee combo and heavy melee (which will return) anytime during the skill....finally "The Sword Alone" will have an actual character.

The number 4 still doesn't seem to great to me though.

If it worked without locking me into melee only then that is fine.

I mean the ability to have extra long range melee while I am reloading a gun or got caught in a bind is great.

So I can dakakkaa until I am empty then rapid slash to finish off everything.