Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex Is One Shotting

Thalahssalyst

I already can confirm this, I was playing recently and notice i was 1 shotting with Lex with 100/100 stats.
140 damage for a secondary weapon, looks like a primary. And no, the Fire rate its not an excuse, it Still is One Shotting.
Why no lower his damage to Lex Prime or Equal?
Are you testing the weapons? or just put a random Stats and wait how the people see it?

EDIT: I know about headshots, but without headshots it One Shot too.

Edited by Grimlock-

Eh, are you talking about PvP? Because practically every weapon can one-shot outside conclave up to a point. You may have just been a good shot and got a few headshots.

typo

It's in PvP-feedback, so that should answer your question...

Lex only one shot on headshots. And yes the fire rate is a very good reason why its like that, along with the small magazine and long reload speed, are the trade off for the high damage per shot. Lex require more aiming, and are much more punishing for the user than the spray-and-prey automatics and the spammable semi-autos.

I think it one shots because of critical hits, it has a 20% critical hit chance. Also, if you took a tiny scratch of damage without even noticing a single headshot from the Lex will finish you off.

There are no crits in PvP. The yellow numbers are headshots.

Edited by RexSol

Lex only one shot on headshots and only Excals and Mags without Overshields. And yes the fire rate is a very good reason why its like that, along with the small magazine and long reload speed, are the trade off for the high damage per shot. Lex require more aiming, and are much more punishing for the user than the spray-and-prey automatics and the spammable semi-autos.

There are no crits in PvP. The yellow numbers are headshots.

Exactly this. If you miss shots with lex against a player with an automatic rifle who can aim decently you will die.

It doesn't make sense that the lex deals more damage than lex prime. It should be less.

do you have a legitimate reason for that?

if it's "hurr muh Prime" - that's not how PvP works. every Weapon needs to be a different Playstyle.

it really doesn't matter which Weapon is what Playstyle in PvP, as long as there isn't stat crepe defeating the existence of other Equipment.

Edit:

in fact, most of the Weapons in PvP have kept similar or identical Utility and Accuracy stats to feel similar to their PvE counterparts - and their Damage adjusted to fit that and be balanced around it.

that way, Weapons feel somewhat consistent, rather than their stats being completely random.

Edited by taiiat

Gotta love those Lex headshots. It's like the Deagle of Warframe.

But yeah, at the moment, Lex can one shot headshot anything, I'm fairly sure, even Chroma. Well, at the very least I can two shot Chroma, and headshots being 2x multiplier...

2 frames are a guaranteed HS kill, 1 is situational, other 3 can walk it off

2 frames are a guaranteed HS kill, 1 is situational, other 3 can walk it off

Not sure what Lex you're using... Lex Prime? AkLex?

But my base Lex one-shots everything on headshot. Chroma, Frost, Rhino (with Iron skin).

Edit: People messaging me that it doesn't one-shot everything, but I have yet to see Lex fail to one-shot on a crit (headshot)

Edited by AuraMau

Lex oneshots on headshots. In space ninja copter-land. Good on your aggressors for headshotting you.

EDIT: Also only absolutely oneshots Mags and Excal

ALSO AN EDIT: WAIT, guys, a primary reason it could be one-shotting other than exc/mag is its puncture damage, it might be bypassing armor values.

It doesn't make sense that the lex deals more damage than lex prime.  It should be less.

No. No. Dude. Prime weapons in PvP are faster and do less damage.
Lex P has double fire rate, ~80 damage

Lex has terrible fire rate, 140 damage.

Aklex is comparable to Lex P, double firerate smaller damage.

Lex P already outDPS's Lex.

wait, do headshots ignore armor or something?

No, but Lex has puncture damage, and they kept phys. damage types in as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/440771-impact-slash-puncture-still-exist-please-post-images-to-provide-data-points/

Edited by TheSuperneenja