Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Warframe Original Design : A Dragoon?

Deidaku

I was browsing through some concept art and then this showed up

16beihx.jpg

and it remined me of this  ; a final fantasy dragoon.

Dragoon_Hyur_Artwork_XIV.jpg

For those who don't know what dragoons are ; they're basically some kind of final fantasy anti dragon super soldier  unit that reappear in different FF games.  their most iconic ability is Jump. 

Excalibur has super jump ; 

if that was the intended inspiration DE : nice didn't see it coming x)

Edited by Deidaku

It'd be quite an interesting idea to make a high mobility character, like a dragoon though.

Ofcourse, jump is going to be disbanded due to the new "charge" jump they've mentioned coming with parkour 2.0; perhaps a different variation?

- Teleporting above targetted enemy with an automatic slam attack, with equipped weapon? I think that'd be pretty awesome.

Ugh, so many inspirational ideas tugging through my head, I'll save you guys the rant and keep it to myself, lol.

That is interesting. I have seen the art before, but I did not make any connection to the FF.

If it was only the Art I would not accept the connection as too likely, but the jump aspect is what is interesting.

Side note. An actual Dragoon is a type of Calvary unit, named after the firearm they used of the same name. The gun Dragoon was also called a Bluderbuss, but the name Dragoon stuck with the Calvary.

I mention this, becuase when I talk to gamers they almost always reference FF, which only shares the name in relation.

It also looks like a load of other things from a load of other games and universes, just as most things in the game has some vague similarity to something else that could arguably be referred to as its inspiration.

No fun allowed.

this man speaks the truth actually

if we were to beleive what the OP says we would have to pay royalties to the english monarchy for using a "Dragoon" design

That is interesting. I have seen the art before, but I did not make any connection to the FF.

If it was only the Art I would not accept the connection as too likely, but the jump aspect is what is interesting.

Side note. An actual Dragoon is a type of Calvary unit, named after the firearm they used of the same name. The gun Dragoon was also called a Bluderbuss, but the name Dragoon stuck with the Calvary.

I mention this, becuase when I talk to gamers they almost always reference FF, which only shares the name in relation.

to extend a bit on your note, Dragoons are mounted infantry, they ride to battle on horse, and dismount to fight, combining the best of cavalry and infantry in one unit.

SO THAT MEANS EXCALIBROSEPH WAS THE DRAGON FRAME ALL ALONG!

Duuhhh

Pendragon helmet.

King Arthur Pendragon was the wielder of the mythical sword Excalibur. Thats where the helmet name comes from. Not dragons.

Edited by -skimmer-

It'd be quite an interesting idea to make a high mobility character, like a dragoon though.

Ofcourse, jump is going to be disbanded due to the new "charge" jump they've mentioned coming with parkour 2.0; perhaps a different variation?

- Teleporting above targetted enemy with an automatic slam attack, with equipped weapon? I think that'd be pretty awesome.

Ugh, so many inspirational ideas tugging through my head, I'll save you guys the rant and keep it to myself, lol.

Zephyr Reminds me of a Dragoon, from high jump to slam, and her side profile. I'm not so skilled in the art of forum, but in my minds eye she looks like the Dragoon OP posted.

Zephyr Reminds me of a Dragoon, from high jump to slam, and her side profile. I'm not so skilled in the art of forum, but in my minds eye she looks like the Dragoon OP posted.

I kind of agree 

Zephyr didn't remind me of a dragoon as much because she came from a fan concept and is more bird themed than Dragon themed