Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warning: Hackers Everywhere !

Argoxium

Hello everyone,

This day is a freaking terrible day for me since several of my accounts have been hacked (Skype, League of Legends, email adress, etc...) so I just want to warn you all: do NOT give your personnal information to anyone, not even to the guys in your friends lists.

It seems like my Warframe account hasn't been hacked but I changed my password just to be sure.

Be really carfull everyone.

do NOT give your personnal information to anyone

this is extremely basic common sense. if people can't follow it, it's their own fault and they deserve it.

there shouldn't need to be PSA's about things people should already know.

if your account has a Passphrase of 'Password123' or you spread your acccount info around all over the place, access secure systems without secure connections, blah blah - you're asking for trouble and you'll get it.

Edit:

That doesn't sound like hacking....

everyone is a hacker today, just like everyone was a Witch or a Wizard in times of old.

even though the things people get attributed as Hackers for, aren't even remotely close to Hacking, so...yeah. meh.

besides, it's not even an accurate word to use really anyways. News Media uses it as a slanderous word, when it's true meaning does not have connection to doing something wrong.

if i take scrap parts from electronics and build something out of them, i'm a Hacker. because 'Hacking' really has little to do with illegal activities, just using tools and resources in creative ways that were not originally intended to be used as such.

which basically sums up to just being resourceful.

Edited by taiiat

But it is ! Some one in my friend list told me I was to much toxic in game, he told me there were several complains about me on the LoL forum, and he even gave me the link for me to check the forum. I clicked on the link, it openned the official League of Legends forum page. Well visually it was the official LoL website, but when i checked the link I saw it wasn't, and it was too late :'(

Hello everyone,

This day is a freaking terrible day for me since several of my accounts have been hacked (Skype, League of Legends, email adress, etc...) so I just want to warn you all: do NOT give your personnal information to anyone, not even to the guys in your friends lists.

It seems like my Warframe account hasn't been hacked but I changed my password just to be sure.

Be really carfull everyone.

how many people did you give your personnel information to?

not even to the guys in your friends lists.

Found the Problem.

Unless you can go and physically assault the guy your sharing your account info with, this never should have happened. Ever.

I do not condone the use of assault against anyone. Or at least that’s what my lawyer says.

Phishing is not, strictly speaking, hacking. But yes, account security is very important and very easy to breach if you aren't paying attention.

Never log into a site that you had to click on a link "from a friend" or from an "official e-mail." If you are going to log in with your account info somewhere, navigate to the page directly. 

Edited by Gelkor

But it is ! Some one in my friend list told me I was to much toxic in game, he told me there were several complains about me on the LoL forum, and he even gave me the link for me to check the forum. I clicked on the link, it openned the official League of Legends forum page. Well visually it was the official LoL website, but when i checked the link I saw it wasn't, and it was too late :'(

that person is not your friend.

as is obvious now i guess. i hope.

always read URL's before clicking on them!

Well hopefully you've learned your lesson from this...that LoL is a tryhard playground that is best left to squeakers

Those are Phising email scams.

I get them all the time to do with world of warcraft. Despite me never playing the game. It's easy to avoid these things. if you are unsure. give it a google and sites warning you of it should show up.

Don't click on links you don't trust and don't even mention hints of your password. Make sure that your password is completely unrelated to you in anyway to prevent people that know you well from guessing your password and perhaps, giving it to other people.

On the unrelated side, I thought this post was about hackers in warframe, like how those dongdanged people keep getting the 0.1 second times for the obstacle course run(I'm stuck on 1min30s). 

Don't click on links you don't trust and don't even mention hints of your password. Make sure that your password is completely unrelated to you in anyway to prevent people that know you well from guessing your password and perhaps, giving it to other people.

On the unrelated side, I thought this post was about hackers in warframe, like how those dongdanged people keep getting the 0.1 second times for the obstacle course run(I'm stuck on 1min30s). 

Hackception.

Anyways, its not a good idea to use one password for everything, although its easier to remember. I have a one password for many accounts, but having password variations among each account. Its safer than one password for everything and easy to remember

Some advice:

Usually passwords get stronger against automated guessing attempts if they are longer, including at least one number and one capital letter increases the number of symbols a program would have to go through. So instead of thinking up a password, you can use a  passphrase that makes sense to just you in the context of where its used. Easier to remember and safer too, if you don't friggin tell it to anyone of course...