The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'll Be Damned... Nemesis Proto-Skin Nyx?

Morec0

You, good sir, are truly underestimating the amount of work it takes to modify and implement a whole new model. Standard does not imply that it is easy. As for getting around to it, they have mentioned that if they do opposite gender counterparts it'd be more complex than a simple anatomy modification (ie: modified/different powers and such).

And we've already seen examples of this between the Loki-Mirage-Limbo sort of set - a mixture of themes and ability ideas presented to us.

livestreamash.png

To the new guy who hasn't been here long enough to understand why he is wrong.

Kinda a moot point seeing as that was never in-game, though. Ember, maybe. But this concept art is old and is a mirror of what MIGHT have been, not something that WILL be.

actually,it would be easy to modify the existing skin for a male frame and have it be female

the texture can be painted on basically..and its easy enough to modify the graphical object model

if you dont mind alot of clipping and dont care that much about moving chest segments..then its easy to do,there is no need at all to change the basic rigging,as the rig/skeleton is just a construct telling how the limbs should move

with how thin some of the male frames are,i could literally upload the model file into sculptris and *poke* *poke* turn it into a female with the inflate tool and the smooth tool

and that whole excuse about "its too difficult" is a complete falsehood

if that was the case there wouldnt be dozens of other mmo's out there where a couple of clicks changes your character gender...its becoming quite standard these days...not to mention the fact that alot of the mmo's that have those options arent nearly as well funded as warframe

the basic premise of that being:

if mmo's with alot less funding can do it...there is no reason,no excuse that can explain why they havent implemented it yet

beyond a couple of things:

1.prioritys,hence maybe we will get it soon

2.the CEO of the company being closed minded in regards to switching tune gender at will

3.i blame rebecca,cause her new haircut looks awfull

Edited by GunDownGrace

-snip-

Indeed, it seems like a lot more work would go into making a proto-skin model than just modifying existing 'frames to be of the opposite sex. This is why I think these proto-skins are a slap in the face to everyone who wanted to pick the gender of their Warframes; they say they'd rather just make new models for new warframes, and then they make new models for existing warframes. Doesn't make much sense.

Indeed, it seems like a lot more work would go into making a proto-skin model than just modifying existing 'frames to be of the opposite sex. This is why I think these proto-skins are a slap in the face to everyone who wanted to pick the gender of their Warframes; they say they'd rather just make new models for new warframes, and then they make new models for existing warframes. Doesn't make much sense.

yeah...i mean making a proto skin involves ALOT of extra polygons,so much so that most of the 3d programs i use would blow up in my face

gender swap,maybe 300 extra tri if you do it right,not hard

Ikr! Look at those toned thighs!

I try getting my girl friend to work out but I think girls have something against working out. =/

i dont >.> im female...not too much to look at admittedly

but i usually walk long distances,around 2 to 4 miles to get money orders and sometimes groceries,i dont have a car and dont want one (i hate the smell most of them make)

admittedly i dont usually do what a normal american thinks of as "working out"...i get muscle tone from doing irl stuff...moving furniture around alot,walking..drinking 5 gallons of coffee in a standard week,eating large jars of jalapenos (yeah i love spiced up food)

Edited by GunDownGrace

You don't seem to understand how this works. Excalibur's proto armor, as well as this new one, is taken directly from Warframe's unofficial prequel 'Dark Sector'. However, that's the only two suits in the game. There's no more, which means there won't be more skins for Warframes. I can imagine the sword-arm being a skin though.

There's also Colossus and Chroma/Chroma-Stalker, the Mole for a Kubrow skin, and the Stinger.

Although, only the Colossus would be a likely addition befitting Rhino, and the Mole skin for Kubrows. The Stinger is just cannon fodder, and Chroma was just released as a Warframe with a very similar appearance, while the Chroma-Stalker wouldn't really fit any of the character models that I know of.

but i usually walk long distances,around 2 to 4 miles to get money orders and sometimes groceries,i dont have a car and dont want one (i hate the smell most of them make)

admittedly i dont usually do what a normal american thinks of as "working out"...i get muscle tone from doing irl stuff...moving furniture around alot,walking..drinking 5 gallons of coffee in a standard week,eating large jars of jalapenos (yeah i love spiced up food)

You and me both, grace!

You and me both, grace!

Warframe probably has a higher Female playerbase than any other MMO I've played.

My girlfriend was immediately addicted as soon as I showed it to her, as well as her best friend. Now her bestie plays it every day with my roommate over skype.

Now whether forever-alone gamer guys will be able to earn any of these fine lasses here, that's going to be another story. I heard some of them complaining about lack of difficulty in Warframe, no?

There's also Colossus and Chroma/Chroma-Stalker, the Mole for a Kubrow skin, and the Stinger.

Although, only the Colossus would be a likely addition befitting Rhino, and the Mole skin for Kubrows. The Stinger is just cannon fodder, and Chroma was just released as a Warframe with a very similar appearance, while the Chroma-Stalker wouldn't really fit any of the character models that I know of.

-Sigh- Those are not suits, they're mutations. The suits work because they are actually modeled to be worn by humans. The infested creatures are twisted up and shaped completely different. 

Warframe probably has a higher Female playerbase than any other MMO I've played.

My girlfriend was immediately addicted as soon as I showed it to her, as well as her best friend. Now her bestie plays it every day with my roommate over skype.

Now whether forever-alone gamer guys will be able to earn any of these fine lasses here, that's going to be another story. I heard some of them complaining about lack of difficulty in Warframe, no?

Every game i have played said the same, a lot of girls play online titles no matter which.

-Sigh- Those are not suits, they're mutations. The suits work because they are actually modeled to be worn by humans. The infested creatures are twisted up and shaped completely different. 

But it's undeniable that Collosus especially has a close appearance link with Rhino. Can't agree with the Chorma one, though, I'd liken him more to Volt.

I'm still of the mind we'll eventually get Proto-Rhino.

You, good sir, are truly underestimating the amount of work it takes to modify and implement a whole new model. Standard does not imply that it is easy. As for getting around to it, they have mentioned that if they do opposite gender counterparts it'd be more complex than a simple anatomy modification (ie: modified/different powers and such).

I didn't say it was easy, I said the design team can do it without going out on a limb. I don't underestimate anything, I'm a designer. I'm simply protesting against the idea of another user telling me what the game creators can't / won't do. That's all. Logic dictates that it's a possible addition and probably desired by several users. 

Without doubt. Hell, I'm of the mind that it's coming right now ONLY because it wasn't ready for the Anniversary like they'd hoped.

You guys do realize is out right now at Darvo's Deal in the Market?

Just logged on and apparently Darvo mailed us to notify mysterious person gave him the packages

Edited by Fionntan

Without doubt. Hell, I'm of the mind that it's coming right now ONLY because it wasn't ready for the Anniversary like they'd hoped.

Sounds logical enough! :D

You guys do realize is out right now at Darvo's Shop?

I think you're missing the point here, buddy.

Edited by Gale47

O.o im also certified by the united states government as insane...i think thats "Artificial" difficulty increase XD

Ha that's more than what my girl would ever run unless I make her do it. She be lazy~ xD

Wow I woke up at 3AM.

Something is seriously wrong.

Good thing it's Saturday~ o 3o

Also Coffee is really bad for you. You are better off never drinking it in the first place believe it or not.

You can tell  since I am waking up at 3AM like it's morning feeling like I had too much sleep and I need to go do something. xD

Edited by Zarozian