Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Melee] Rapier

_Chaser

Not a bad idea. It does seem original. But I kinda agree, that rapier animation is hardly usable for any other weapon.

I would prefer more like a semi ranged melee, like bladed whip/chained morning star/ Kusarigama that might share the same swinging animation that's more efficient (though I know, this might not fit with the lore/background) :(

We need yo-yo's!

Imagine what this guy could do to you with these two deadly contraptions of spinning death if he wore a warframe:

Edited by TwiceDead

Great, you essentially told me that you can pierce anything as long as it's not metal.

Now go find me one of those gaps in that huge lump of armor the Grineer carry around, then come back to me. 

Also stop by the Infected on your way back, they'd like to return that weapon you left behind last time you stabbed it so far in you didn't get to pull it out before the infected mauled your face. 

By the way the Corpus called, they'd like to have a word with you about the scratches you left in their robots paintwork. It's costly to keep repainting them.

Edited by TwiceDead

I'm getting bored of the whose sword is sharper contest.

tumblr_m5fz2i7Cqq1r2xrqzo1_500.jpg

Any sword can kill in the right hands. Can we agree Tenno have the right hands?

Also I drew a Tenno Rapier!

rapier.jpg

Felior

Base Damage: 30 (armor piercing)

Base fire:1.2

Charge Damage: 75

Charge Speed: 0.6

Special: Charge attacks include a short dash (about 4 meters)

I have no idea if that's balanced or not :P

Three things after seeing ^that post:

A) I really want a Tenno Kopesh now

B) That sketch is friggin awesome

C) That does appear to be fairly balanced, even a bit UP.

And yes, I do think swords are neat, for exactly the reasons mentioned.

Edited by Nuntium

• 3 months later...

Ok let's make then space shields and become space knights. (not Jedi) And our enemies would be space dragins

Or space Three Musketeers who fight grineer Richelieu

space gold

As armour improved, so did the methods of attacking the armour. It was quickly realized that cutting weapons were losing their effectiveness, so crushing weapons such as maces and axes were utilized. But thrusting weapons that could split the rings of mail, or find the joints and crevices of plate armour, were also employed. Long tapered swords could also be used as a lance once the lance was splintered. Thus was the estoc developed. The French word estoc translates to thrust Tuck is the abbreviated English version of the word. Many consider the estoc a forerunner of the rapier, but more likely it is a merging of the espada ropera, a civilian sword, with the effective, and lighter estoc, that produced the rapier. But the estoc was an effective weapon. The long, straight blade was very rigid and could be thrust with one hand, or the second hand could be used to deliver an even more powerful thrust.

With this in mind, I'd rather they revamp the melee and critical hit systems

For melee, to make it so strikes can be aimed vertically AND horizontally (as right now we only attack on a horizontal plane)

For critical hits, the head, joints, hard to hit locations (borderlands 2 for reference)

Rapiers would become viable and critical hits can be where critical locations are hit instead of just by "classic mmo chance"

In a game where we can aim at critical locations for extra damage, there really should be no need for "random criticals"

Edited by Guest

lets get some rapiers and wooden legs while we are at it

they will go very well with those scarfs we got

maybe even a eye patch

and bunny ears

lol but no rly since I did espada di daga and bunch of different kalis I do like any weapons that can be added :) so +1 for rapiers - also http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110303194614/snk/images/a/a5/Charlotte-sen.jpg this was a ninja fighting game , rapier worked fine in it

Edited by syle

It's a ninja game, not The Three Musketeers

Holdit.gif

not really, if it is ninja game, then why the heck we have rocket launcher in our rifle gun and why we have all noisy guns anyway?

So pretty much they said in game guide line in factor they say if I quote "Tennos are warriors" which we are either way of warrior of ninja, samurai or either the old ways.

So there is no flaws objection of this idea.

Now back subject to the idea.  I think trusting weapons are needed. we had gravle and that boomerang weapons as throwing weapon, why not have spears or whatever thrusting weapons.  Dark souls have them, demon souls have them, monster hunter and few other games has them.  They are not objection at all so your idea is ok in my book.

Rapier is good start for ppl who want high Critical and chances with it of course it is armor piercing.  I do respect every blades form its old period of time which they were made odd way which I understand strength and weakness different versions.  Let u rapier is not great slashing so it would be 15 dmg for regular attack and should be very fast charging attack to be trust attack which that where crit and good armor piercing goes into.

Adding another include ability, it may able puncher enemies by trusting, so its double kill.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

guise, snap out of this "not foreign factor" katanas on west are assumed to be as badass as rapiers on east. seriously. same thing with women with foreign accents. wake up.

even proper hardcore japanise mangas have rapiers in em so shad uppp

death frenzy

check this S#&$ out

25.jpg

Edited by n7snk

The only reason I see against adding rapiers is that it would need to be done correctly; new animations would have to be made to support the fighting style associated with the Rapier.

The only reason we have so many katana or "ninja" weapons is because those animations were made and naturally a developer isn't going to make those animations and then only have one weapon that is compatible with them. That would be a silly waste of time. At the same time the argument that every weapon in this game has to have an eastern flair to it is quickly and easily dismissed by the dozens of firearms and melee weapons that are already in the game which don't (Vasto, any shotgun, smgs, friggin' rocket launchers). People are taking coincidence as rule. 

The only rule in video games that really matters is the Rule of Cool. 

So yeah, assuming that Rapiers could be done properly I see no reason not to have them. I wouldn't use one because I prefer manly swords, but to each his own. 

The only reason I see against adding rapiers is that it would need to be done correctly; new animations would have to be made to support the fighting style associated with the Rapier.

The only reason we have so many katana or "ninja" weapons is because those animations were made and naturally a developer isn't going to make those animations and then only have one weapon that is compatible with them. That would be a silly waste of time. At the same time the argument that every weapon in this game has to have an eastern flair to it is quickly and easily dismissed by the dozens of firearms and melee weapons that are already in the game which don't (Vasto, any shotgun, smgs, friggin' rocket launchers). People are taking coincidence as rule. 

The only rule in video games that really matters is the Rule of Cool. 

So yeah, assuming that Rapiers could be done properly I see no reason not to have them. I wouldn't use one because I prefer manly swords, but to each his own. 

*using a rapier as a normal blade*

o god but will be so hilarous.