The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Such Dmg~Plz Nerf Tonkor

SnakeCZR

> Complains about the 35% crit chance and 2.5x crit damage on a new weapon.

> Forgets about the 50% crit chance on the Dread or the 3.0x multiplier on the Soma.

I actually like the Tonkor. It's a launcher that I would actually bring and use in a lot of missions. Look at it this way.... The 2 round magazine and long reload time balance out the high damage.

And another thing.... It's a GRENADE LAUNCHER. It's supposed to hit like a train, not a leaf blower.

The Tonkor is powerful, but it's definitely not so overpowered that it overshadows every other weapon in the game or anything. If anything, in terms of endgame viability, it still struggles behind weapons like the Phage, Soma Prime, and Dread. Instead, I wouldn't mind if weapons like the Ogris or Penta were buffed a little, but as it stands I like their balance. These weapons are great at dealing with crowds of enemies but struggle against level 100+, which makes sense to me for how many enemies they hit at one time.

If you want to balance launchers overall, then you could always advocate for the Penta and Ogris to do reduced damage to the user. The only reason the Tonkor does reduced damaged is that so you can do some SWEET TRICKS with its blasts.

Well, in terms of burst DPS, it's up there, but the 2 ammo clip and the 2 second reload time means its sustained DPS is so-so.

I don't know how so-so, or really how it stands up to the Ogris, but the Penta seems fine since you can use 5 grenades in one big boom.

Penta has a limit of 3 grenades out though (at least with me)

But seriously, the Tonkor doesn't need a nerf. Trying to get that thing to actually hit stuff is a huge hassle, and missing one of your two shots is a hell of a punishment. All that needs to happen is that we take off the suicide function from the other launchers, and maybe buff them too. Also, the 17million crit damage you're seeing everywhere is a bug, probably going to be gone in the next hotfix.

Penta has a limit of 3 grenades out though (at least with me)

Because you're using split chamber dummy, it'll chuck out 2 grenades per shot up to 5 in total :P

But i agree with everyone, it doesnt need a nerf in the slightest, the other launchers need a buff. The launchers should be the most powerful weapons in the game with certain limitations and that's what we're seeing here. Not much ammo, constant reloads and a finicky bounce make up for the high damage.

Its about balance. You use an ogris, you die in close range, You use a penta, you can die in close range.

The tonkor does little to no close range damage, insane damage per shot because its crit based.

This is power creep! It needs to be looked at in terms of balance.

I invested alot more about my penta and now a new weapon comes along that blows it out of water? Pure powercreep!

And here we have the reason why:

I invested alot more about my penta and now a new weapon comes along that blows it out of water? Pure powercreep!

The op put some forma on his penta, now there is a new toy out there that could be better so out of pure spite and envy he asks for a nerf. You can not be more petty than this.

Hey, if its all ok to nerf the kohm, sgammacor and akbolto, why not this pure OP crap?

- Nobody wanted the Kohm to be nerfed.

- Nobody wanted the Akbolto to be nerfed. (You're talking about the firerate cap, right? Or was there another stealth nerf that I've missed?)

- The Synoid destroyed rooms by swinging the camera around and had no downsides besides "it's a beam weapon so you can't snipe with it". While we all enjoyed using that weapon, it would be silly to expect nothing to change. Whether the efficiency nerf was the right way of going about it (too harsh? too uncreative? etc) is debatable.

- The Tonkor spends about 60% of combat time in a reloading animation. Frankly, it would be mastery fodder if it DIDN'T hit like a truck. But convincing you is a bit of a waste of time since I'm sure you already agree with me that the tonkor does not actually need a nerf. Hence your poorly-disguised troll thread.

Now, more importantly, are you going to edit your OP at all, or are you going to keep your troll thread exactly as it is?

EDIT: My original comment pointing out that it's a troll thread has been removed, and the troll thread has been merged with an actual feedback thread.

Edited by SortaRandom

Because you're using split chamber dummy, it'll chuck out 2 grenades per shot up to 5 in total :P

Well, that actually explain a lot. Thanks! Still not taking off split chamber though.

Also, I have 5 (going on 6) Forma on my Penta. Am I salty? Hell no, the Tonkor is awesome. It's an alternative, not a replacement. OP is just salty and dare I say it, entitled.

Edited by TheBrsrkr

See OP, you got gunned down from around 10 or so people, the nerf squad I call them. The only thing that flies in the feedback section are nerf threads and arbitrary praises for some probably useless weapon, T

My suggestion, get a quanta or a phage or stop playing altogether. Dont worry, the nerf squad wiill  want to nerf  all the good weapons in the game, but they are quite satisfied with destroying one weapon in a period of time,

I mean, just be careful, its more than likely the next nerfed weapons will be the scindo prime, rakta, vaykor, opticor, amprex and maybe quanta, I mean, they even nerfed the macro possibility of the akbolto.

It really depends on whats the most used meta gun is.

Remember:

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Ooh, a nerf premonition!

I can smell it. Man, what a fantastic community!

The tonkor is a strong weapon, yes. The problem is I cannot take you seriously if you are being a hypocrite like this. A couple other people looked too, and saw you disrespecting anyone who wanted to nerf a weapon (notably the synoid. I see you complaining about the synoid nerf a lot). If you are being a troll, then bravo. If you are being serious, you are acting like someone who wants to nerf what he perceives as better than his toy and keep the same or buff his favorite weapons.

To be on topic, I do not think the tonkor needs a nerf. It is balanced with it's low accuracy, lack of reliability in where it will shoot, and unusual and unreliable blast mechanics

The tonkor is a strong weapon, yes. The problem is I cannot take you seriously if you are being a hypocrite like this. A couple other people looked too, and saw you disrespecting anyone who wanted to nerf a weapon (notably the synoid. I see you complaining about the synoid nerf a lot). If you are being a troll, then bravo. If you are being serious, you are acting like someone who wants to nerf what he perceives as better than his toy and keep the same or buff his favorite weapons.

To be on topic, I do not think the tonkor needs a nerf. It is balanced with it's low accuracy, lack of reliability in where it will shoot, and unusual and unreliable blast mechanics

Hey, the synoid nerf is another thing, but then, if its fair to destroy the synoid for "Balance" why not nerf a Clearly OP weapon?

They nerfed the Kohm, one of my favorite weapons, they nerfed the Synoid.

So to keep the nerf train going, we need to continue with this.

Tonkor is == POWERCREEP!

Hey, the synoid nerf is another thing, but then, if its fair to destroy the synoid for "Balance" why not nerf a Clearly OP weapon?

Tonkor is == POWERCREEP!

So I take it you're going to continue with this troll thread in full character then?

Alright.

EDIT:

So rather than locking or removing it, the troll thread that was made to incite hatred at "nerfers" has been merged with an actual feedback thread.

I... wow. Okay then.

Edited by SortaRandom

Tonkor is == POWERCREEP!

They nerfed the synoid fairly. It deserved to be nerf because it was TRULY OP. The way they nerfed it is debatable though.

The kohm was nerfed for computer capability reasons. They nerfed it because of the ability to make people's computers crash, especially with mirage and lower end machines. I do not like the nerf for the kohm. I really miss it's unique firing mechanic. It was a good and unique weapon. The nerf was unasked for, but it made sense too.

The tonkor doesn't cause performance losses, and is no where near as OP as the old synoid was. 

Tonkor is == POWERCREEP!

They nerfed 2 weapons that i really liked so i want them to nerf a weapon that everyone else likes! 

Pathetic man. Its not like the Kohm and Synoid are bad weapons now, and if you really liked them you would know that. Guess you only really liked them for the stats ay.

Oh, I get it now (thanks SortaRandom). I'm going to make a "Boltor Prime Needs a Buff" thread, and it will be just as dumb as this one. Satire can work, but this was weak.

I know you're joking, but I'm getting a bad feeling that the feedback forum will someday devolve into a bunch of hateful troll threads with people simply mocking "the other side" instead of actually, you know, discussing things and making feedback.

It's quite sad to see that there's more hateful finger-pointing and dung-flinging going on within the feedback forums, of all places, than in General Discussion or even among players in the actual game.

Edited by SortaRandom

So I take it you're going to continue with this troll thread in full character then?

Alright.

Werent you one of those people going on and on about nerfing the synoid?

Why so angry about asking a TOnkor nerf. But you know, forget it.  The TONKOR IS going to get nerfed and everyone knows that. Its OP, but nice try to derrail the thread.

Actually, they need to buff all launchers.

Compare a missile/rocket whit a bullet/arrow/pellet, them say to me how many shoots you need to blow a car using a rifle and using a bazooka.

They are suposed to do 1-2 shot per time and supreme damage. Thats why they have low ammo.

Werent you one of those people going on and on about nerfing the synoid?

Why so angry about asking a TOnkor nerf. 

Because supporting one nerf doesn't mean someone is a nerf-loving maniac who wants everything nerfed?

Oh wait, that makes sense! Things that make sense are forbidden here. Insults and strawmen only!

Compare a missile/rocket whit a bullet/arrow/pellet, them say to me how many shoots you need to blow a car using a rifle and using a bazooka.

We don't use real life as a basis for weapon balance. That would lead to problems.