Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Warframes Morph Gender?

Tesseract7777

It actually has been. I'll have to find the codex entries, pretty sure it's Excal Prime's/comes from a few of the Primes.

I was right, Excal Prime's:

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first."

Although it does say that not all of the Orokin survived, it still proves my point.

That says they sent orokin into the void and an ammount came back, it doesn't say it was a large portion!

in fact Mag Prime's Codex Shows evidence the Tenno were few in number Considering it refers to them as "a myth"

That says they sent orokin into the void and an ammount came back, it doesn't say it was a large portion!

in fact Mag Prime's Codex Shows evidence the Tenno were few in number Considering it refers to them as "a myth"

Considering it explicitly states the words "twisted few" I'd say that points to a minority not a majority.

I, too, enjoy reading only a part of my posts. Please, read the entirety of any and all posts before posting back.

Edited by EDeN153

Steve gave an official statement on a megathread of this same subject. They're good at coming up with answers, just not too good at making those answers explicit in-game.

Care to provide a link to this supposed statement? 

It actually has been. I'll have to find the codex entries, pretty sure it's Excal Prime's/comes from a few of the Primes.

I was right, Excal Prime's:

"The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend. Excalibur was the first."

Although it does say that not all of the Orokin survived, it still proves my point.

How does that in any way prove your statement? Nowhere in the quote does it specify how many orokin went into the void, nor does it even slightly hint at the idea they sent their entire population into it. The fact there were people waiting outside the void to tinker with those who returned would even suggest this was a sort of study/experiment, which means they'd likely be sending in small groups not large chunks of the population. 

Edited by Cubewano

I, too, enjoy reading only a part of my posts. Please, read the entirety of any and all posts before posting back.

are you referring to

"Although it does say that not all of the Orokin survived, it still proves my point."

Because that doesn't prove your point that The tenno made up a majority, or that there would remotely be enough for 30 ish different tenno for every one of our players

(even if all 3 systems are in paralell universes)

Care to provide a link to this supposed statement? 

I actually would care, but it's been close to, if not, more, than a year since he made the statement. It'd be archived by now.

are you referring to

"Although it does say that not all of the Orokin survived, it still proves my point."

Because that doesn't prove your point that The tenno made up a majority, or that there would remotely be enough for 30 ish different tenno for every one of our players

(even if all 3 systems are in paralell universes)

It proves my point that the Orokin became the Tenno.

I actually would care, but it's been close to, if not, more, than a year since he made the statement. It'd be archived by now.

I found the thread

Steve doesn't post in the entire thing

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198896-alternate-genders-for-warframes-megathread/page-17

The thread is archived so i hope this doesn't count as avertising

Think of the gender bits on the Warframe as a part of the frame, not the wearer.

My theory's that the Warframe "consumes" the Tenno wearing it ala Guyver or the Venom symbiote from Marvel, combining itself with them until the Tenno decides "Hmm, new Warframe time" and has the Warframe regurgitate them whole.

Edited by Morec0

Just think of it as Tenno being genderless energy that transfers between the frames, aquiring (but not neccessarily) the gender of the original Tenno it was created for (back when they were blahblahseethewikiblahblah).

That's how I see it.

For now.

DE, pls.

The Tenno herald from the Void Era, before the Orokin Era, so I wouldn't really consider them "Orokin" - though both the Tenno and the Orokin certainly came from the same place: humanity. The Corpus, however, come for the Orokin Era and, based on the Father's identification as an Orokin in the Anti Moa Synthesis bit, were Orokin themselves.

Edited by Morec0

Exactly Steve doesn't post his Big Proof that Warframes each have a seperate Pilot in the thread Disproving part of your arguement

Dude wat.

It seems like you're saying that that's the only thread created on the subject of Warframe gender. I'm gonna look for it on my own.

it's the Warframe gender Megathread you had cited

I never provided a link to a Gender thread, and I never said that the title included 'megathread' in it.

I dunno if this'll do anything, but it's worth a try xD

Here's a Chinese Warframe ad:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/336751e17e8c355452012938f550e523/tumblr_nn9g74K2na1rxboygo2_250.jpg

Edited by EDeN153

No one can prove it one way or the other with DE's judgement because they haven't said anything explicitly. The whole point is for it to be a mystery. That's why they keep it ambiguous. We'll never know one way or the other. Any 'proof' that DE said anything is just hearsay and thus not viable proof.

These disprove that.

Steve gave an official statement on a megathread of this same subject. They're good at coming up with answers, just not too good at making those answers explicit in-game.

I never provided a link to a Gender thread, and I never said that the title included 'megathread' in it.

I dunno if this'll do anything, but it's worth a try xD

Here's a Chinese Warframe ad:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/336751e17e8c355452012938f550e523/tumblr_nn9g74K2na1rxboygo2_250.jpg

Yes, yes you did

Uh, no. I didn't. I simply stated that the thread was a megathread (meaning it had gained enough attention that it reached 100 pages within the hour, megathread is just an informal classification of a thread, it was never apart of the actual title.) and that it was created for the subject of discussion of Warframe gender.

Uh, no. I didn't. I simply stated that the thread was a megathread (meaning it had gained enough attention that it reached 100 pages within the hour, megathread is just an informal classification of a thread, it was never apart of the actual title.) and that it was created for the subject of discussion of Warframe gender.

So back on the topic of this Post, Where is hard evidence that Each Frame is a Different Tenno

this is my arguement for reminders sake

How does a kubrow show affection for several people even one they just met? if all warframes were different tenno than the kubrow would have different relationships with all of them.  

Vor states that the tenno are the void's power and that The frame acts a glass to shape their light.  Why would you need a specific pilot to use a warframe if the warframe can shape the Void Juice of any ol tenno.

Lastly, You build the warframes. do we just pick up the pilots with them and they come to live in our Orbiter? Why do Lotus and Darvo treat you as one person throughout Quests, even if you change frame

Also If you change frame during Vor's prize ( old players coming back after U14 have to go through it) The Lock is still attached to your ankle

There is No evidence whatsoever that more than one tenno is needed per Player.

I'm of the idea that there's a time for lore and a time for "F*** logic, gameplay>story".

A player is a Tenno, when the player is using, say, Rhino, he's male, when the player is using, say, Nyx, she's female.
The Tenno's gender doesn't change, it was like that all along, no matter what frame you're using.

Basically lore logic ends at the "equip warframe" option, changing frame is basically a giant retcon.

I mean at the end of the day gender in games is just esthetics. no need for massive amounts of lore just to allow something like changing class, unless you also have a lore friendly way of explaining how i killed grineer heatwave a couple thousand times.

Edited by Aaira

^^ Yes.

Edit: To please both sides, the Mono tenno supporters could accept their little fact. The poly tenno supporters could headcanon that every frame we have in the arsenal is a different Tenno, that is living in the Liset with the others. Thar. Tenno House Party.

(Although those Tenno can change their Frame at any time, but feel attached to their current and never will leave it.)

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

I know that I am a bit late but...

you are just siting a quote you used earlier for reference, and the other quote is complete BS, DE has stated in several Devstreams and many times on the forums that there is only 1 tenno.

If that aint enough because you want to stay in universe here is some reasoning

How does a kubrow show affection for several people even one they just met? if all warframes were different tenno than the kubrow would have different relationships with all of them.  

Vor states that the tenno are the void's power and that The frame acts a glass to shape their light.  Why would you need a specific pilot to use a warframe if the warframe can shape the Void Juice of any ol tenno.

Lastly, You build the warframes. do we just pick up the pilots with them and they come to live in our Orbiter? Why do Lotus and Darvo treat you as one person throughout Quests, even if you change frame

Also If you change frame during Vor's prize ( old players coming back after U14 have to go through it) The Lock is still attached to your ankle

There is N evidence whatsoever that more than one tenno is needed per Player.

How would a kubrow recognize its master if its master changed appearance?

And...

The Ascaris is attached to the warframe, not whatever is inside the warframe. Based off of what you have been saying, it would be physically impossible for the Ascaris to be attached to whatever is inside.

the tenno are a pile of Infested goo that just sort of is squishy enough to fit in all the shapes.

Good luck attaching something to "Infested goo that just sort of is squishy enough to fit in all the shapes."