Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

The one thing to keep in mind is that the commander of the troop that finds us in the video was grossly insubordinate to a higher ranked officer. In a heavily martial culture, it is common to make an example of such members of the armed forces that forget their station - death is sometimes a common punishment especially in one with such a short life expectancy like the Grineer. Vor was an Admiral at one point, then reduced to a Captain, then just Vor when we finally disgraced him enough. His clone seems to still be a Captain though, so he obviously was still considered useful to the Queens.

Of course the Tenno is both boogeyman...

I can just imagine now... a young Corpus child or something like that at a dinner table with his Corpus family. The child doesn't want to eat his space-broccoli, and his mother starts saying things such as, "If you don't eat, the Tenno might get you at night!"

That day, his father died in battle.

I can just imagine now... a young Corpus child or something like that at a dinner table with his Corpus family. The child doesn't want to eat his space-broccoli, and his mother starts saying things such as, "If you don't eat, the Tenno might get you at night!"

That day, his father died in battle.

"Propaganda from the void era."

When the boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris Tenno.

but then... what ARE tenno? from my understanding warframes were basically "organic suits" that a tenno can jump in and control. but if tenno are no beings made out of energy... what are they? and how do they control the warframes?

but then... what ARE tenno? from my understanding warframes were basically "organic suits" that a tenno can jump in and control. but if tenno are no beings made out of energy... what are they? and how do they control the warframes?

We have absolutely no idea.

It was also most likely not a general since captain Vor flat out kills him and no one does anything. Vor would be in major trouble for killing someone high up.

And who would say anything against someone held in such high regard by the Queens? Rank and file is one thing, politics is another, and Vor has both.

As for non-exterminate missions... well, especially among the Grineer. Where do the survivors go? What do you think the soupy genetic substance that Tyl Regor is using was made from? He's using the survivors of Tenno encounters, theoretically stronger Grineer, to breed Grineer more likely to survive. Add in the genetic repair research he's doing, and he's trying to develop a major threat to us.

Faction notes aside, in-game lore is what I trust. The Grineer and the Corpus target one another far more often than they target the Tenno. The Grineer see the Tenno as a threat, of course, those that know of us, and let's be honest here, what HAVEN'T the Grineer slated for extinction? As far as they're concerned, anything that is not Grineer is not worthy to remain alive for any longer than their own stunted lifespans.

As for the Corpus, what they know of us? Very little. They passed their lore along in the form of story... something that mankind has done itself, and something that has been shown not to actually teach anything. Story becomes doubted, becomes fiction. Whether it was real or not, they don't care, they would see it as the ramblings of old men and nothing to pay attention to. All they care about now is Profit, and the Tenno trying to restore Balance gets in the way of that Profit. Those that actually believe the legends of the Tenno are seen as crazy, insane even... Alad V as an example. If you listen to him before he's infested, he actually is quite sane, if a little eccentric. Any who would believe the tales of the Tenno would do as he did in that culture; find a way to make money off of it. His partners in crime were simply... more discrete.

As for leaving Corpus alive... well. As a simple example; the Bible is a fair portion real history... but everyone ignores that portion because they believe it proven false, and any who still follow the Christian faith are mocked quite often at best, hunted down at worst. Do the math yourself.

And who would say anything against someone held in such high regard by the Queens? Rank and file is one thing, politics is another, and Vor has both.

As for non-exterminate missions... well, especially among the Grineer. Where do the survivors go? What do you think the soupy genetic substance that Tyl Regor is using was made from? He's using the survivors of Tenno encounters, theoretically stronger Grineer, to breed Grineer more likely to survive. Add in the genetic repair research he's doing, and he's trying to develop a major threat to us.

Faction notes aside, in-game lore is what I trust. The Grineer and the Corpus target one another far more often than they target the Tenno. The Grineer see the Tenno as a threat, of course, those that know of us, and let's be honest here, what HAVEN'T the Grineer slated for extinction? As far as they're concerned, anything that is not Grineer is not worthy to remain alive for any longer than their own stunted lifespans.

As for the Corpus, what they know of us? Very little. They passed their lore along in the form of story... something that mankind has done itself, and something that has been shown not to actually teach anything. Story becomes doubted, becomes fiction. Whether it was real or not, they don't care, they would see it as the ramblings of old men and nothing to pay attention to. All they care about now is Profit, and the Tenno trying to restore Balance gets in the way of that Profit. Those that actually believe the legends of the Tenno are seen as crazy, insane even... Alad V as an example. If you listen to him before he's infested, he actually is quite sane, if a little eccentric. Any who would believe the tales of the Tenno would do as he did in that culture; find a way to make money off of it. His partners in crime were simply... more discrete.

As for leaving Corpus alive... well. As a simple example; the Bible is a fair portion real history... but everyone ignores that portion because they believe it proven false, and any who still follow the Christian faith are mocked quite often at best, hunted down at worst. Do the math yourself.

*sigh

ok

Not sure, all we know is, we aren't energy.

why won't DE tell us already ;-;

did they at least confirm whether or not darksector and warframe are canonically related?

Yes they did: they are not. There is at most a 4/10 ratio of applicability of DS concepts to Warframe.

Direct link:

https://youtu.be/j7QVemHYKn4?t=3393

Steve: Is Dark Sector Canon for Warframe, and we're always kind of evasive about that because we, well we didn't even control that intellectual property when we started Warframe and that's why it wasn't called "Dark Sector Online" or anything like that. A lot of the ideas we had for Dark Sector Sci-Fi, hard-core Sci-Fi, are the ideas that are now taking fruition in Warframe so absolutely, is it like, the prequel to Warframe? I don't think you could say that but as you can see we are trying to draw those influences in.

Sheldon: On a scale. if Primetime is a 0 on the Warframe Canon. Then it would be a 4 or a 5 (gesturing half way across a scale)

Other than the staff being IMHO really unfair to Rebecca in that piece (Which was... problematic in my view) It's pretty clear that any particular fact/concept or aesthetic of Dark Sector may-or-may not apply to the history of Warframe with roughly less-that-50% chance of applying.

Edited by SilentMobius

Not sure, all we know is, we aren't energy.

Well that depends on how this "Oro" stuff shakes out. If it is an imprint/soul/mind thing that can leave the body upon death and potentially inhabit a new body, potentially a cloned body. Then that is _very_ close to saying that anyone capable of having an "Oro" is defined not by their biology (Which may indeed be able to smile, etc) but by the "Oro" itself. Beings seemingly above the concerns of mortality, a kind of "People of the Oro" or "Oro-Kin" if you will.

Certainly an Oro-in-a-body explanation overcomes all the "we are not energy because" objections at the start of the thread.

Back on the OP topic eh?

Ok then.

Let's look at Vor, the only one non-Tenno who have been brought back to life by void energy.

The energy of the key he uses, that seem to be a Master Key with unusual power, is golden like the energy seen in the Orokin tiles.

But he is still flesh. He is not a ghost, and I have big issues seing Tenno as such.

Lets look at a Tenno. A tenno can store void energy within itself. Like a human can power a very small battery or device since the human body produces a small amount of electric energy.

A Tenno can be supersharged, where I am sure anyone else would be destroyed.

So, a Tenno fully charged would be like a battery, very dangerous to be around. The warframe take that and converts it to magic more or less.

Pretty sure quantum physics and all that is involved.

A Tenno pics up energy, or siphons it with a mod (technology). It do not produce the energy.

So, a powerless Tenno is less dangerous, as shown by the Tutorial, Mirage, Mesa, Chroma and Valkyr.

But tell me this: if the saying in the Relays is true ;

"The Void is the lifeblood of the Tenno"

Then could a Tenno live in the Void Towers without their warframes on?

I am beginning to suspect that the Tenno were brought back to the Void, trained in the Conclave before returning to normal space in a warframe.

Back on the OP topic eh?

Ok then.

Let's look at Vor, the only one non-Tenno who have been brought back to life by void energy.

The energy of the key he uses, that seem to be a Master Key with unusual power, is golden like the energy seen in the Orokin tiles.

But he is still flesh. He is not a ghost, and I have big issues seing Tenno as such.

Lets look at a Tenno. A tenno can store void energy within itself. Like a human can power a very small battery or device since the human body produces a small amount of electric energy.

A Tenno can be supersharged, where I am sure anyone else would be destroyed.

So, a Tenno fully charged would be like a battery, very dangerous to be around. The warframe take that and converts it to magic more or less.

Pretty sure quantum physics and all that is involved.

A Tenno pics up energy, or siphons it with a mod (technology). It do not produce the energy.

So, a powerless Tenno is less dangerous, as shown by the Tutorial, Mirage, Mesa, Chroma and Valkyr.

But tell me this: if the saying in the Relays is true ;

"The Void is the lifeblood of the Tenno"

Then could a Tenno live in the Void Towers without their warframes on?

I am beginning to suspect that the Tenno were brought back to the Void, trained in the Conclave before returning to normal space in a warframe.

On Vor being flesh: it should perhaps be noted that when he dies he's supposed to have his body disintegrate into particle effects. More often than not this bugs out, though, leaving one torso or the other behind - but in rarer circumstances I've seen the legs gets a messed up black-gold skin that I think it what its supposed to shift to for the particle effect to work properly.

So, if Vor is going to be our model, he's still flesh, still physical, but not on the same level as a regular human being. Whatever that means.

I think that "The Void is the lifeblood of the Tenno" quote is referring to Oro myself, and that Vor himself has gained the power of Oro - the golden orb in the center of his belly. What you have to ATTACK to hurt him AT ALL, which fits with Oro being the source of Tenno/Sentient life.

I sort of prefer to think that Energy Siphon Siphons energy from the Tenno into the Warframe myself, but your analysis makes sense as well.

Can't say much about your "trained without their Warframes" proposal, it makes sense and is plausible without any obvious faults, though in my mind it doesn't line up well, but we'll wait and see.

I think that "The Void is the lifeblood of the Tenno" quote is referring to Oro myself, and that Vor himself has gained the power of Oro - the golden orb in the center of his belly. What you have to ATTACK to hurt him AT ALL, which fits with Oro being the source of Tenno/Sentient life.

I'm still very reticent to attribute anything to the Sentients. we have nothing about the timings but the _tone_ of the stories suggests the Orokin era predating the Old War _and_ that the Sentients are alien to anything the Orokin consider science.

Hence I'm not going to conflate the Oro and the Sentients (Glowing center or otherwise) without further information.

However there is something I'm interested in here. The discussion of the "ball of light" in Vor's stomach being an Oro, perhaps a "wild" Oro rather then one constrained by whatever the usual Orokin process was.

If Vor's "corpse" is being animated/controlled by the Vor-made-Oro could his dead body not be likened to a Tenno Warframe? especially given the Rhino-prime codex.

What if the Orokin reserved the Oro process for themselves, certainly not giving it to the Tenno. However the Tenno ended up expressing abilities that allowed them to produce an Oro, one that could be rehoused. That would give the Orokin a _strong_ reason to resent those who had gained something they viewed as unique to themselves.

It could also explain why the Warframes are the way/shape they are. If the First Tenno had Orokin-Prime-Frames constructed around their bodies but after the discovery of the Tenno-Oro it was the Tenno council that began construction of more non-Prime-Warframes Which led to the discovery that Tenno could migrate to a different Warframe.

I'm still not sure if the body inside the Warframe is created by the Tenno-Oro (Tennoro?) it certainly doesn't appear to be a function of Warframe construction. Or if it's created by machinery somehow.

Interesting question: Do we know if the PvP "Oro" appears _after_ the defeated body discorporates?

I wonder is the "Oro" and Tenno ability to capture it, is anything to do with the capture mechanic in-mission.

Where "in the Relays" is that said?

lrHWw46.jpg

I'm still very reticent to attribute anything to the Sentients. we have nothing about the timings but the _tone_ of the stories suggests the Orokin era predating the Old War _and_ that the Sentients are alien to anything the Orokin consider science.

Hence I'm not going to conflate the Oro and the Sentients (Glowing center or otherwise) without further information.

However there is something I'm interested in here. The discussion of the "ball of light" in Vor's stomach being an Oro, perhaps a "wild" Oro rather then one constrained by whatever the usual Orokin process was.

If Vor's "corpse" is being animated/controlled by the Vor-made-Oro could his dead body not be likened to a Tenno Warframe? especially given the Rhino-prime codex.

What if the Orokin reserved the Oro process for themselves, certainly not giving it to the Tenno. However the Tenno ended up expressing abilities that allowed them to produce an Oro, one that could be rehoused. That would give the Orokin a _strong_ reason to resent those who had gained something they viewed as unique to themselves.

It could also explain why the Warframes are the way/shape they are. If the First Tenno had Orokin-Prime-Frames constructed around their bodies but after the discovery of the Tenno-Oro it was the Tenno council that began construction of more non-Prime-Warframes Which led to the discovery that Tenno could migrate to a different Warframe.

I'm still not sure if the body inside the Warframe is created by the Tenno-Oro (Tennoro?) it certainly doesn't appear to be a function of Warframe construction. Or if it's created by machinery somehow.

Interesting question: Do we know if the PvP "Oro" appears _after_ the defeated body discorporates?

I wonder is the "Oro" and Tenno ability to capture it, is anything to do with the capture mechanic in-mission.

I don't quite understand what you're saying in that first sentence. Teshin flat-out says "Oro is the binding force for an enemy who, like the Tenno, can survive death", and we all know he's talking about the Sentients at this point.

The Void was also alien to everything the Orokin considered science, as were the Tenno, but they still turned to them and used them - I'm of the mind that Oro would be harnessed by the human of the Void Era and move them forward to becoming Orokin and creating the Orokin Empire and Era. But we'll see.

And that's also a possibility I've considered, but then one has to ask "Is the Tenno JUST Oro energy, or is Oro an energy the Tenno can call on?". I personally fall more into the later - Oro is the energy of the Void that the Tenno use to help power, pilot and control their Warframes while still having something of a physical form - hence why Kaleen was able to identify the children on the Zariman AS children. And that was back in the Void Era, before my speculated rampant use of Oro energies.

I'm seeing the Zariman having been the start of the Oro experimentation, not just a part of it. The Tenno were the first to have it, and from there everything else flowed out.

As for Warframe shape and design - anthrocentrism coupled with the intent of dehumanization. Humans make things in the images of humans especially things they want to be seen as beautiful, and we all see how the one Orokin woman treated the Grineer that were saving her and her friend in the Eviscerator Synthesis - why should the Tenno, another race subservient to them, have been any different?

And no, as soon as the player goes down the Oro drop in PvP shows up.

That is an interesting idea on the captures, though. If Oro energy IS responsible for allowing them to change themselves to fit into such different forms, it's possible it could be translated.