Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Is that something of a mixed metaphor there? Personally, I think more actual world building would be appreciated. What I did like about the Mass Effect universe established in Mass Effect 1 was just how much thought was put into merging all the sci-fi cliches and tropes into a cohesive andmost importantly explained whole, just as a person in that setting would have to be able to know. Want to know why the Geth are hostile to organics, why they have a digital book practically about that very thing! Why are the Krogan so doom and gloom, the Genophage, you can read about it hear in the canon for the game! Lovely stuff, really drew a person into the setting. The Witcher I hear has something similar but I have never got around to actually playing it sadly.

Is that something of a mixed metaphor there? Personally, I think more actual world building would be appreciated. What I did like about the Mass Effect universe established in Mass Effect 1 was just how much thought was put into merging all the sci-fi cliches and tropes into a cohesive andmost importantly explained whole, just as a person in that setting would have to be able to know. Want to know why the Geth are hostile to organics, why they have a digital book practically about that very thing! Why are the Krogan so doom and gloom, the Genophage, you can read about it hear in the canon for the game! Lovely stuff, really drew a person into the setting. The Witcher I hear has something similar but I have never got around to actually playing it sadly.

Weren't the Geth under Reaper control?

Nah, the Geth weren't under Reaper control, in the first one and third one, some of the Geth form a group mind that feels that the Reapers can show them a better evolution and so willingly join up with them. The first group was just doing the kind of things that Sovereign has taught them like making Husks and sowing terror among the organics. The main Geth had a distrust of organics because the Quarians who created them did so to make robots and when the Quarians got intelligent androids with a networked mind, tried to eliminate the Geth off. The Geth eventually won but the largest networked mind allowed the Quarians to leave the planet and live in space. The Geth left the planet largely as it was at the end of the war, with the discarded machines strewn everywhere as more a reminder of both how they had freed themselves and what comes of harsh conflict.

What I meant was they have used a Fog Of War with the story and Lore. They drop small pieces that are very far apart, but at some point the fog must be lifted to reveal the whole story.

My Ogre-thing was that we think we know what the game is about, then it we fooled by another Lore-reveal or other that we still can't make sense of.

Anyway, it seems Lotus is real and will turn out to be every bit the Tenno Ovwrlord people have feared.

That image of her throneroom gave me the creeps, imediately made me think of a Spider Queen/The Alien Queen i her lair.

She IS in our side though. But there were lies ...

Then we find out the Orokin were actually benevolent overseers until their Civilization's core AI decided to invent and fake an alien invasion with aftermath rebellions for whatever reasoning of progress through conflict all the while seeding fragments of itself in opportune places to observe, analyze, and integrate itself in a key support role, readying for the eventual clandestine betrayal before reassembling itself and all gathered knowledge, weapons, and warframes.  

Beware the Ordis Prime Awakening...

Anyway, it seems Lotus is real and will turn out to be every bit the Tenno Ovwrlord people have feared.

That image of her throneroom gave me the creeps, imediately made me think of a Spider Queen/The Alien Queen i her lair.

She IS in our side though. But there were lies ...

IMO the throne increased her hotness by 10x.

Then we find out the Orokin were actually benevolent overseers until their Civilization's core AI decided to invent and fake an alien invasion with aftermath rebellions for whatever reasoning of progress through conflict all the while seeding fragments of itself in opportune places to observe, analyze, and integrate itself in a key support role, readying for the eventual clandestine betrayal before reassembling itself and all gathered knowledge, weapons, and warframes.  

Beware the Ordis Prime Awakening...

No.

Ah, but they never said WE weren't.

PLOT

TWIST

If you're so focused on making yourself the bad guy, then go play Force Unleashed or something. -w- Most of us are fighting for loot mercenary style, and roleplayers like me are usually playing out a sense of honor that the lore states the Tenno are practically raised on. Balance, in everything, war or peace. We'll be there waiting for you.

If you're so focused on making yourself the bad guy, then go play Force Unleashed or something. -w- Most of us are fighting for loot mercenary style, and roleplayers like me are usually playing out a sense of honor that the lore states the Tenno are practically raised on. Balance, in everything, war or peace. We'll be there waiting for you.

>focused on

>actually just showed up to make a joke

>previously also joked about Tenno being Jedi, also Force Unleashed ends up making you sort of heroic half the time anyway

I really need to start tagging my posts as sarcasm, don't I...

>focused on

>actually just showed up to make a joke

>previously also joked about Tenno being Jedi, also Force Unleashed ends up making you sort of heroic half the time anyway

I really need to start tagging my posts as sarcasm, don't I...

My bad. XwX Tone is often very hard to convey in the written word, I feel your pain. I really do.

As for the Force Unleashed making you sort of heroic half the time anyway; that's what an anti-hero is... and if you picked the evil choice at the end for your main playthrough... well, I suppose all those heroic moments were for naught to Galen Marek, were they? :P Obe-Ron Tennobi would be... disappoint.

That said, unless the lore as established goes through some major revisions, I don't think we'll be fighting the Lotus any time soon. Hopefully we get to meet her and have a bit more of a fleshed-out character rather than a simple 'here I be do this don't die' mission giver.

Ah, but they never said WE weren't.

PLOT

TWIST

Actually they never said the Lotus was a "good guy" that was said about the Tenno, and because it is currently impossible to do anything without following the Lotus's instructions therefor the Lotus must be good by extension.

My bad. XwX Tone is often very hard to convey in the written word, I feel your pain. I really do.

As for the Force Unleashed making you sort of heroic half the time anyway; that's what an anti-hero is... and if you picked the evil choice at the end for your main playthrough... well, I suppose all those heroic moments were for naught to Galen Marek, were they? :P Obe-Ron Tennobi would be... disappoint.

That said, unless the lore as established goes through some major revisions, I don't think we'll be fighting the Lotus any time soon. Hopefully we get to meet her and have a bit more of a fleshed-out character rather than a simple 'here I be do this don't die' mission giver.

+1 just for Obe-Ron Tennobi.

Lotus is our guide. Teshin want us to leave her since, we all were following like doped up little oxen.

See Lotus greek if you don't follow.

Is it evil to take care of the Tenno?

Is it evil to take care of the Tenno against their will, in the name of Balance?

Is it evil to erase the memories of the Tenno, if it is for the Greater Good?

You descide.