Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Fighting tactics for Sentients?

On topic: I personally think Tenno are human looking. With scars that glow with their energy color, or scars from the void transformation.

I'm personally imagining A LOT of strafing fire and quick movements from them. A toned down Manic, if you will.

That's the popular fanart theory, and I'll say I too like some applications of it; in particular the idea that the scars might change depending on what frame they wear more. Spend a lot of time in Excalibur? Your hands with will burned from holding the energy blades. Rhino? You'll have scale-like burns from Iron Skin. Nyx? Burns ALL around your cranium.

But who knows.

Generally yeah, but still...Sci-fi loves itself some precursor stuff.

As for why, well...anything from lack of motive, lack of purpose, lack of unifying forces...reconstructing combat worthy size of army...though Teshin does seem pretty convinced in his sales pitch that it'll be from beyond the Outer Terminus the bad stuff will come.

"Operator, something is- ALL IS SILENT AND CALM"

"Operator, you need to HUSHED AND EMPTY IS THE WOMB OF THE SKY"

"Operator, Ordi-"

If anything is going to be your early warning system for Sentient Incursion, I wager it'll be our favourite borked AI.

Oh Ordis. How much will they make you suffer?

(Apologies if overtly evil. Stand by my theory he's broken because he GTFO'd from Sentients in the Old War...which'd be way he's possibly the only functional Cephalon of his type, considering Simaris' comments on the matter)

Eh, they're like Prophecy stories for me, I'm not a fan.

DOH! It JUST hit me! Why does it have to be ONE or the OTHER? Why not BOTH!

yeah, yeah, insert Fiesta commercial here...

But, seriously; the larger force is coming from beyond Origin, pushing their way back into it to finish the war (imo) the Orokin started, and possibly get revenge against the Tenno. But before they arrive they activate either the Sentients that had been taken for Orokin Experiments or sent as a covert group to pave the way for them, those guys being the focus of the introductory quest.

And yeah, I do fear for what will happen to Ordis. I'm partially interested to see if he'll become a Sentient character himself - it would be a heck of a way to introduce new Cephalons for purchase (finish the Quest, you lost Ordis, pick a new Cephalon to replace him, buy the other two-three at any time and switch them out).

I do agree that whatever happened to him happened long ago, and he's only now starting to heal because he's awake (having shut himself off until the Operator returns).

Edited by Morec0

Eh, they're like Prophecy stories for me, I'm not a fan.

DOH! It JUST hit me! Why does it have to be ONE or the OTHER? Why not BOTH!

yeah, yeah, insert Fiesta commercial here...

But, seriously; the larger force is coming from beyond Origin, pushing their way back into it to finish the war (imo) the Orokin started, and possibly get revenge against the Tenno. But before they arrive they activate either the Sentients that had been taken for Orokin Experiments or sent as a covert group to pave the way for them, those guys being the focus of the introductory quest.

And yeah, I do fear for what will happen to Ordis. I'm partially interested to see if he'll become a Sentient character himself - it would be a heck of a way to introduce new Cephalons for purchase (finish the Quest, you lost Ordis, pick a new Cephalon to replace him, buy the other two-three at any time and switch them out).

I do agree that whatever happened to him happened long ago, and he's only now starting to heal because he's awake (having shut himself off until the Operator returns).

Entirely plausible. Similarly disdain prophecy but that might be because I find Free will more interestingly chaotic.

*Insert Andrew Ryan here*

As for Ordis...the horrific possibilities are high. It took Simaris himself to intervene with whatever was affecting him in The New Strange. If Simaris has no longer any use for Ordis, would he extend the same protection should it happen again? Course, if the Sentients return I imagine there will be a collective OH CRAP from any Cephalon with the processing power to understand the implications.

Then you've got the question of how much impact the Sentient could have on Lotus' Cerebro-like network thingy.

Could be that if the Sentients arise, there's going to be a lot of 'just you and yours' situations at first.

Gods, imagine if the entire introductory event is just a fight to re-establish some communication with the Lotus or indeed anyone whilst the Origin system's entire networks are compromised. Alas, I guess that'd be difficult to make work...would be awesome narrative horror though. Technology across the system is just barely functioning with Sentient related black-outs or...well...whatever they can do with tech.

The Tomb of the Sentient I think is a place rediscovered. By the Tenno, by the Cephalon by the Grineer - it do not matter.

They discover A Sentient. If they operate on a one big-many smaller Hierarchy, then the ones in the trailer is an arriving resque force.

What is inside a Tomb? Death.

But what do Teshin preach?

The Oro can bring them back.

What if that is exactly what the story is? The Tenno have the Oro. The Sentients have it too.

What if Oro from the Tenno is used to resurrect the Sentient? What if that is the reason the Tenno are there in the first place?

I can hear Lotus now, telling us how the impossible is happening. How we must race to stop the old enemy from returning. And of course how we fail, because we are allready to late.

The new starmap seemed created for the very purpose of spreading conflict.

Oh, well, in THAT sort of vein: I think it'll be like Assassin attacks, but replacing the whole enemy group on the mission.

Fighting Grineer? Suddenly you get:

"All is silent and calm..."

AND BOOM!

SENTIENTS!

That would be pretty awesome.

you lost Ordis, pick a new Cephalon to replace him

Ordis dies, and, I must replace him? The angels are singing to me. 

That would make me the happiest Tenno on the planet... Actually killing Salad would, but this is definitely 2nd!

Ordis dies, and, I must replace him? The angels are singing to me. 

That would make me the happiest Tenno on the planet... Actually killing Salad would, but this is definitely 2nd!

I only say that because I myself am a fan of the "Different Cephalons bought from shop" fan concept, but with Ordis being in quests and the like such would be difficult to logically pan out. Having him be lost in a quest and then unlocking the feature after that (with the quests featuring him being a prereq) would be a way around that.

I only say that because I myself am a fan of the "Different Cephalons bought from shop" fan concept, but with Ordis being in quests and the like such would be difficult to logically pan out. Having him be lost in a quest and then unlocking the feature after that (with the quests featuring him being a prereq) would be a way around that.

I'd be down with Vol taking his place in future quests :D

Given the Orokin are pretty confirmed human at this point, I'm not buying that last part. Interesting point on Necrons, though. A thought that DID cross my mind was "they were hiding, waiting for the moment to strike", but... then WHAT were they waiting for? Why DIDN'T they strike?

But chances are it WAS Orokin experimentation on them - we've already found parts of them within the derelicts, so it's most likely.

We don't really know how thorough the Orokin extermination of the sentients was. There were holdouts of soldiers in the Pacific for decades after WW2 ended, and if the solar system as a whole was the battlefield this war took place on I imagine there were quite a few places to hide. The sentients we're going to fight could be ancient holdouts who don't know the Orokin won the war, and who don't know the Orokin are gone. 

We don't really know how thorough the Orokin extermination of the sentients was. There were holdouts of soldiers in the Pacific for decades after WW2 ended, and if the solar system as a whole was the battlefield this war took place on I imagine there were quite a few places to hide. The sentients we're going to fight could be ancient holdouts who don't know the Orokin won the war, and who don't know the Orokin are gone. 

They're machines. Sentient machines, I'm sure they're up to date on the news of the Sol system.

They're machines. Sentient machines, I'm sure they're up to date on the news of the Sol system.

Are they? If they went into hibernation or hid themselves away when it looked like things were turning against them they could very well emerge expecting to make a surprise strike on their victorious enemy, only to find out their enemy is gone. And with a bunch of primitives fighting over what's left of the Orokin empire, they could see this as the perfect opportunity to take the Sol system for their own.

Are they? If they went into hibernation or hid themselves away when it looked like things were turning against them they could very well emerge expecting to make a surprise strike on their victorious enemy, only to find out their enemy is gone. And with a bunch of primitives fighting over what's left of the Orokin empire, they could see this as the perfect opportunity to take the Sol system for their own.

Especially if they came from Sol at one point in time.

Well we don't know that the Sentients are machines, we do know they can control and use advanced machines though. Also, while its not my personal theory, while we know the Orokin Empire was a human civilization, perhaps the Orokin Emperors or leaders might have not been human. Either way, I also feel that there is too much forshadowing of Ordis either betraying us or getting offed at some point with the Sentient's return. A Cephalon seems to be pretty advanced tech unless, it just doesn't seem to be a biomechanical construct like our suits. Still, if Cephalon were used during the war with the Sentients, it would stand to reason that the Orokin would at least have some kind of failsafe against such a tactical commodity getting taken over.

A part of this I answer below, and I will admit my view was short-sighted. I was thinking "okay, so you have the Orokin pushed the Sentients out of Origin, with a few they missed hiding, and now they're sending the Tenno out to their home system to attack... so why not attack at the Orokin from within Origin now? Force them to fight on two fronts, split their forces, give their homies a better shot and pushing them back and getting back to Origin?"

There's no doubt a MILLION reasons for them to wait, though.

I imagine they know quite a bit. Remember those transmissions we're getting from the Sentient parts in the Derelicts? Even if they're old, ancient even, I still read

"All is silent and calm. Hushed and empty is the womb of the sky."

As the Sentients saying to one another: "The Orokin Empire has fallen."

They might not know every little tidbit, but they're up to date - and, if not, they'd be sure to learn quickly.

They could have moved there.

This is what I believe as well.

Yeah, yeah we do.

Not yet we dont. Wormships, beamweapons, swarming units and an affinity for corrupting technology is not really rock-solid evidence for machines, is it?

It is likely, but just as likely as them being void-born, since they seem to be kin to Tenno in both having the Oro.

We dont know yet.

Not yet we don't. Wormships, beam weapons, swarming units and an affinity for corrupting technology is not really rock-solid evidence for machines, is it?

It is likely, but just as likely as them being void-born, since they seem to be kin to Tenno in both having the Oro.

We don't know yet.

Any way you slice it, however, the enemies look and sound amazing. 

I don't know much about their storyline (besides them appearing to be some kind of sentient species of machine affected by the Void, which is completely up for debate at this point), but just the way they act is really neat. It's also really apparent that they were almost driven to extinction by the Orokin, and went into hiding. There's a high chance that they found out about the Orokin's downfall, and thanks to a bunch of primitive species running amok, believe it'll be easy to take over the system.

They also look a bit like Excalibur, so I'm just going to assume their related to the Tenno in some way, which Arch believes is via their Oro (which would be the most likely), so who knows, maybe they'll be able to replicate some of our Warframes abilities (such as Volt's lightning) or our Tenno's overall skill (dodging, wallrunning, blocking bullets, etc.).

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

Not yet we dont. Wormships, beamweapons, swarming units and an affinity for corrupting technology is not really rock-solid evidence for machines, is it?

We dont know yet.

When one dies, the others learn its weaknesses, and adapt to your attacks. Organics can't do that. Plus they look very much like machines.

When one dies, the others learn its weaknesses, and adapt to your attacks. Organics can't do that. Plus they look very much like machines.

To be fair: it's a sci fi fictional universe. If this species can do that, they can do that.

I'm with you, but using THAT as the set more example is kinda... weak. I'd think what we saw in the trailer would be the best way to present "they're machines!" but, as others have pointed out, it may be those are just combat drones, while the controllers are in their ships somewhere else.

I don't think so, but I'm here to uncover the truth based on the information presented, not command the authority of my own headcanons regardless of all else.

BTW Simaris line if anyone has not saw it yet:

Mt0Xqxb.png

Heh, maybe that's the line Blakrana was talking about?

It's not a hardcore way of saying one thing or another, but it is interesting to see the language that is used during these conversations - "occupy", "controlled", "hollow" (has anyone checked on that recently?). Perhaps it's just Cephalon-speak, perhaps it's more. We'll find out eventually.

To be fair: it's a sci fi fictional universe. If this species can do that, they can do that.

I'm with you, but using THAT as the set more example is kinda... weak. I'd think what we saw in the trailer would be the best way to present "they're machines!" but, as others have pointed out, it may be those are just combat drones, while the controllers are in their ships somewhere else.

I don't think so, but I'm here to uncover the truth based on the information presented, not command the authority of my own headcanons regardless of all else.

That makes me think of the Collector Commander from Mass Effect 2, well, Harbinger, he was controlling the Collector Commander... I would not be opposed to a Sentient leader, saying a deep-@ss voice "assuming direct control" then whichever Sentient he assumes control of basically becomes an Eximus... That'd be fun.

I'd prefer if Sentients were neither machines nor organic lifeforms. Them being something else we can't exactly explain sounds much more apealing to me. Besides, if Sentients are just folks controlling robots from safety, they loose big scary villain rep instantly. There is nothing badass in hiding in safety while expendable proxy does everything.