Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

We're back to square one which is there's no concrete evidence pointing to one side or the other so everyone is over analyzing every bit of lore and every word any NPC has ever said in a manner that supports their head canon. Makes for an interesting read and some people have some very fun/interesting theories.

I see. Thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll start working on something...

Page 1? xD lol that's a lot of reading. jk.

Ahaha I have read it from page 1. I've been reading this thread pretty much since you started it, although I didn't really contribute much. I like to read these kind of threads and come up with my own ideas and theories later.

When one dies, the others learn its weaknesses, and adapt to your attacks. Organics can't do that. Plus they look very much like machines.

Any hive mind can do that. We know virtually nothing about them personally I think they will be the first true aliens and will be energy forms, where the shells we see in the video are adapted Orokin tech.

It would be nice if they did it with all bosses with invincibility phases.

Fair enough.

Eh, it would allow for more interesting mods to be made which would actually be used because no longer would you have to have x build to be viable with y frame. It could also allow for more niche weapons to be made and actually be used. Still it's a drastic change from the current system so it'll probably never happen.

I wont say ALL bosses, because a lot of those bosses aren't fast enough to warrant such. Vay Hek? He moves ALL over the place, so its hard enough to get a lock on him.

But someone like Sargas Ruk? The challenge isn't "manage to shoot him" it's "manage him and survive until he can be damaged" - I'd even say that his weak points should have that, to make the fight longer and more intense. The same for something like Jackal - but more on an entrance-level difficulty, so I think he's in a good place.

Let's be honest, though, would people USE those "more interesting mods"? Or would they just stick with the damage ones? And what would those more interesting mods even be?

Any hive mind can do that. We know virtually nothing about them personally I think they will be the first true aliens and will be energy forms, where the shells we see in the video are adapted Orokin tech.

That would actually be pretty cool, only issue with that though is energy beings being unable to understand how to counteract.. Energy!

That would actually be pretty cool, only issue with that though is energy beings being unable to understand how to counteract.. Energy!

If they are properly immaterial, then the solution is to remove the anchor then keeps them in the material. It depends of the details of the exposition on their nature.

But with the way that DE introduced the Cephelons I would be _very_ surprised if the Sentients turned out to be anything to do with them.

I wont say ALL bosses, because a lot of those bosses aren't fast enough to warrant such. Vay Hek? He moves ALL over the place, so its hard enough to get a lock on him.

But someone like Sargas Ruk? The challenge isn't "manage to shoot him" it's "manage him and survive until he can be damaged" - I'd even say that his weak points should have that, to make the fight longer and more intense. The same for something like Jackal - but more on an entrance-level difficulty, so I think he's in a good place.

Let's be honest, though, would people USE those "more interesting mods"? Or would they just stick with the damage ones? And what would those more interesting mods even be?

I have a multitude of mods that I would love to use on my excalibur but I won't because I NEED Vitality/Steel Fiber to not get instagibbed. Fleeting expertise is a must for being able to have exalted blade up 24/7, if I'm going to have exalted blade up 24/7 I need power strength to make it worthwile so on goes Transient Fortitude and Intensify. Gotta have stretch to make radial blind and slash dash useful and continuity so radial blind duration is at least 50% and Flow for more 24/7 exalted blade.

Doesn't leave any room for any funsies mods. Hell, I can't even have my constitution mod anymore.........

Funsies mods that I would actually like to use are as follows:

Rush, GOTTA GO FAST!

Maglev, GOTTA GO FAST!

Master Thief, For all your picklocking needs!

Intruder, for when you can't brain!

Warm Coat?... nvm

Flame Repellant!

Anti-toxin!

Natural Talent, Who can spam Radial Blind faster?!!?

Enemy Sense, cause sometimes it's nice to know where the enemy is at!

The energy of the Void is likely FAR more bizarre than anything they could comprehend. It's a place where "science and reason failed" the Orokin, and I don't see any reason for something else from the real world to understand it either.

Of course, I don't buy that they're energy beings - they certainly USE energy, functioning off of this "Oro" that they Tenno may have as well, but I think that, at their core, they're physical.

If they are properly immaterial, then the solution is to remove the anchor then keeps them in the material. It depends of the details of the exposition on their nature.

But with the way that DE introduced the Cephelons I would be _very_ surprised if the Sentients turned out to be anything to do with them.

Whatever the case, the key is as Teshin says: extinguishing their Oro. Snuff that out, and they're done for good.

But what makes you say that about surprised? Just the fact that the Cephalons seem to be Orokin-made while the Sentients are seemingly completely alien to Origin?

I have a multitude of mods that I would love to use on my excalibur but I won't because I NEED Vitality/Steel Fiber to not get instagibbed. Fleeting expertise is a must for being able to have exalted blade up 24/7, if I'm going to have exalted blade up 24/7 I need power strength to make it worthwile so on goes Transient Fortitude and Intensify. Gotta have stretch to make radial blind and slash dash useful and continuity so radial blind duration is at least 50% and Flow for more 24/7 exalted blade.

Doesn't leave any room for any funsies mods. Hell, I can't even have my constitution mod anymore.........

Funsies mods that I would actually like to use are as follows:

Rush, GOTTA GO FAST!

Maglev, GOTTA GO FAST!

Master Thief, For all your picklocking needs!

Intruder, for when you can't brain!

Warm Coat?... nvm

Flame Repellant!

Anti-toxin!

Natural Talent, Who can spam Radial Blind faster?!!?

Enemy Sense, cause sometimes it's nice to know where the enemy is at!

I don't see how thath damage capping would change that. It would only make the matter slower in ALL fights, the majority of which are dull and uninteresting. People would NOT say "oh, I take damage slower, I don't need these mods" they'd say "oh, I take damage slower! I can become even MORE unkillable with these mods!"

And things like Exalted blade aren't MEANT to be up 24/7, none of the 4 Warframe powers are.They're the most powerful thing in the Warframe's arsenal, they're mean to be less-frequently used but super devastating when used. If you want to have it up ALL the time you WILL HAVE to mod like that - that's the point.

I'm not going to say that certain things don't need to be tweaked, because they do, but you're not supposed to be able to use ALL your Warframe powers WHENEVER you want. They're a hefty part of what makes the game unique, but for them to be rewarding and used the way you want you need to put in a little effort - crafting a playstyle that's all your own. NOT just being allowed to play it your way no matter what.

If DE wanted that, why have the mod system at all?

Edited by Morec0

I don't see how thath damage capping would change that. It would only make the matter slower in ALL fights, the majority of which are dull and uninteresting. People would NOT say "oh, I take damage slower, I don't need these mods" they'd say "oh, I take damage slower! I can become even MORE unkillable with these mods!"

And things like Exalted blade aren't MEANT to be up 24/7, none of the 4 Warframe powers are.They're the most powerful thing in the Warframe's arsenal, they're mean to be less-frequently used but super devastating when used. If you want to have it up ALL the time you WILL HAVE to mod like that - that's the point.

Defense would have a cap too though, if we were pulling mechanics straight from vindi. But what works in one game doesn't neccessarily work in another.

But.... Exalted Blade!

Defense would have a cap too though, if we were pulling mechanics straight from vindi. But what works in one game doesn't neccessarily work in another.

But.... Exalted Blade!

I get it's cool... But would it REALLY be as cool if you had access to it all the time?

Familiarity breeds contempt: if Exalted Blade can be pulled out like a regular skana, then sooner or later it's just a better regular Skana.

Also I made a few admendments to that point, if you want to read them.

PLAYERS ARE CANON. Excalibur's description claims so.

iywI6.jpg

iirc Steve once said that players exist within the world of Warframe, and are a small thing floating around given frame in game's world (probably in the place of the player's camera)

CONFIRMED INFO

I get it's cool... But would it REALLY be as cool if you had access to it all the time?

Familiarity breeds contempt: if Exalted Blade can be pulled out like a regular skana, then sooner or later it's just a better regular Skana.

Also I made a few admendments to that point, if you want to read them.

SILENCE VOICE OF REASON! QUIT MAKING SENSE!

But now you've just given me an idea for a different mod setup.......... I'll get back to you on this, I gotta sleep, why must work get in the way of things.

SILENCE VOICE OF REASON! QUIT MAKING SENSE!

But now you've just given me an idea for a different mod setup.......... I'll get back to you on this, I gotta sleep, why must work get in the way of things.

Heh. I was feelin' all proud there like "oh yeah, voice of reason! That's me!"

And then you said you needed sleep.

"Oh... that's why... He's tired and can't think straight, THAT'S why I sound reasonable."

Hype baloons goin' Pssssshhhhhhhhhfffffffff....

Ahaha I have read it from page 1. I've been reading this thread pretty much since you started it, although I didn't really contribute much. I like to read these kind of threads and come up with my own ideas and theories later.

Dear Lotus O.O Thanks for the support... I guess :P

The Flood couldn't do that, they were a hivemind. The Infested can't do that, they're a hivemind.

True enough, Hiveminds don't necessarily adapt immediately to threats. Still, its always weird when mindless individuals like zombies in movie, always seem to be able to react and move as if possessed by a hivemind situation.

Dear Lotus O.O Thanks for the support... I guess :P

The Flood couldn't do that, they were a hivemind. The Infested can't do that, they're a hivemind.

Hmm. Unless they work like a proper hive, like ants who communicate instantly via signals and chemicals.

Say a member of the hive gets gunned down, the others will then know they need to boost their armor before the next battle.

The same apply to all damage types and MABY void powers.

If the hive further work better the more of them they are, that allso mirrors the insects we have in our world.

Then there is the control of Chroma. Why? What did that give them?

Are they vulnerable to elemental damage and why? Why is the chroma one of the most powerful and why did Lotus think they had all been detroyed?

Will we need to use powers in tandem in order to beat them maby? Like in Focus.

... I went off deep into the forrest with that one. Back to the trail.

On the OP.

Valkyr wears at least 3 layers of suit, not even counting armor.

She wears clear muscle-tissue over hard tech-bodysuit.

She have a breathing-gear and optoc lenses the eyes.

An energy being would not need any of this. It is such a complex armor, down to the correct placement of the eyes, that it is just dumb design.

After all, the Orokin built the armor specifically around and customed after the Tenno inside.

Therefore I remain convinced Tenno are NOT energy.

Now that I think about it, the Sentients seem like the more you kill, the stronger they become.
I mean, they adapt to your damage and it's not like we can change our damage type right?
Unless they lose their defense when you use the opposite of that other damage type.

Edited by Jakcal

PLAYERS ARE CANON. Excalibur's description claims so.

iywI6.jpg

iirc Steve once said that players exist within the world of Warframe, and are a small thing floating around given frame in game's world (probably in the place of the player's camera)

CONFIRMED INFO

So "players" have to learn these frames too so they can give their Tenno the orders? Kewl.

Know that I think about it, the Sentients seem like the more you kill, the stronger they become.

I mean, they adapt to your damage and it's not like we can change our damage type right?

Unless they lose their defense when you use the opposite of that other damage type.

Good point.

I say we do it Mirage Style. Just rip their heads clean off and laugh our heads of while we do it.

Heh. I was feelin' all proud there like "oh yeah, voice of reason! That's me!"

And then you said you needed sleep.

"Oh... that's why... He's tired and can't think straight, THAT'S why I sound reasonable."

Hype baloons goin' Pssssshhhhhhhhhfffffffff....

Oh, I was thinking straight and not tired at all. I just like to get a good 7 hours of sleep before work.

Oh, I was thinking straight and not tired at all. I just like to get a good 7 hours of sleep before work.

*begins pumping air back into ego with a hand pump*

This may take a while.

Edited by Morec0