Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Hey guys, this is off-topic but this is THE only place to have serious discussions about the Lore.

First off, this is about Typhus. I like the Typhus concept. If you do not care for it, just read the following for the Lore-implications (and if you are familiar with the Baphomet concept, I tie it to this as well. But that is another topic.)

The topic is warframes and possible Elite-Warframes in the future.

◇◆◇

I have an idea/suggestion I like to bounce off you all.

Chroma is one of the most powerful weaponry against the Sentients, Lotus own words.

Chroma is allso made from more than one warframe, suggesting they repurposed what they had to make something better.

Now bear with me.

I have allways thought of an infested warframe as a negative, as a misstake. But what if that is wrong?

Think of the Rhino Prime Codex, how they struggled to create biosoldiers made from the Technocyte (possibly based on the Zariman survivors).

Now add Chroma to that - kind of the Ultimate warframe.

What if the Orokin made one frame, very adapt at melee with high armor, a bit like a Samurai version of Excalibur.

Now say they combined that with an infested creature to create a parasitic knight.

The armor and health was sacrificed for a steal and leech-powerset, the end goal to create another Ultimate warframe like Chroma.

Only the strongest of the Tenno wore the Typhus-model bacause of the harmful nature of the onboard technocyte-parasite.

I personally like this idea. Typhus is still a danger to those around him, and deadly against any Faction.

Imagine aquiring the warframe in a Quest where you must fight him. Just like the Sentients will adapt to our attacks, so will the Typhus-frame try to kill us by stealing our streangths to buff itself.

Or we could obtain it in an old Orokin Lab-vessel full of their research and unfinished warframes. It could be the coolest tileseset in the game and where we would meet the very first Sentient enemy as end-boss.

What do you think of this possibility for Typhus?

◇◆◇

There it is. Maby other frames will be made in this way?

Yin-Yang frame is a candidate, like it or not.

Only the strongest of the Tenno wore the Typhus-model bacause of the harmful nature of the onboard technocyte-parasite.

This is where Typhus dies for me (Other than the art, I don't think the design makes a good Warframe either) Regardless of the exotic details, Warframes are suits, suits that are safe to put on and take off, Typhus is fundamentally an idea that depends on the concept of the Tenno inside being fundamentally altered by the nature of the suit and that is "bad Warframe" IMHO. Even if you tweak the idea to try and fit it still wants to be "Moar grimdark Hayden Tenno from DS"

Also, if the current assumptions are correct then all Warframes are Technocyte creations so the concept of an "infested" Warframe is kinda redundant.

Hell, it's possible that such a 'leech-like' Warframe _was_ made. Specifically to be able to draw essence out of organics and augment itself. Something made in desperation to fight alongside the other Tenno in the Old War. something that went horribly wrong during construction, absorbing organic material and "infesting" it.

Yes I'm suggesting (as I did a while ago) that Lephantis is a failed Warframe design and all the modern infested are descended from that one creature.

(Not that the Technocyte virus didn't exist before that, but that the "infestation" didn't, like the different strains of flu, the modern infestation is just one strain from a larger root)

If that suggestion turned out to be accurate I'd say the idea of Typhus was even less appropriate for this setting. And I already think it's completely the wrong style, aesthetic and concept for this game.

It's a fine design, but a terrible Warframe.

Edited by SilentMobius

Hmm. So Mobius, if the parasitic part of Typhus was removed, and the leech-knight theme remain, it could work better?

Hell, replace infested with Sentient technology then. Why not?

But you failed to Comment on making a warframe from two or more existing ones. That was really how I saw Typhus possibly being crafted.

The virus is still not fully explained to us. And we still do not know if a Tenno can be infected.

Hmm. So Mobius, if the parasitic part of Typhus was removed, and the leech-knight theme remain, it could work better?

Hell, replace infested with Sentient technology then. Why not?

But you failed to Comment on making a warframe from two or more existing ones. That was really how I saw Typhus possibly being crafted.

The virus is still not fully explained to us. And we still do not know if a Tenno can be infected.

I don't see that mechanism (construction via warframe parts) as being implicit to the Warframe.

IMHO we gain info on Chroma via scans that identify the majority of Chroma's systems. We don't get a full pre-cryo blueprint the way we get other Warframes. Hence the "makeshift" blueprint simply references common systems from other Warframes. 

I.E. A full Orokin-Era Chroma blueprint would just involve resources, like any normal blueprint, the one we get is a "make do" version, 

Now I still think that Typhus is a dead loss in Warframe, visually and in raw concept. No concept that make the Warframe dangerous to the Tenno IMHO makes any sense. Without that concept Typhus is nothing.

I wouldn't object to a generic "leech" themed Warframe, as long as it avoided all of Typhus's theme and visuals.

I agree we don't know if Tenno can be infected with the infestation or any other strain of the Technocyte virus, but IMHO the currently available information make the default premise the most likely: that they can (if outside a Warframe) but are not.

I've said my peace about the points he makes, but I thought I'd post a recent video here (made in conjunction with everyone's favorite Shy Cephalon) in which this DKDiamantes character discusses whether the Tenno are human or not:

I've said my peace about the points he makes, but I thought I'd post a recent video here (made in conjunction with everyone's favorite Shy Cephalon) in which this DKDiamantes character discusses whether the Tenno are human or not:

lol I just watched Shy's video about that 10 minutes before this xD But that guy's voice is irritating. Jus' sayin'.

...Do they seriously hate each other? 

lol I just watched Shy's video about that 10 minutes before this xD But that guy's voice is irritating. Jus' sayin'.

...Do they seriously hate each other? 

Eh, doesn't bother me.

But no, most certainly not. It's just ribbing each other for the same of entertainment - like a wrestling promo.

Maybe if the wearer of the Typhus concept was not a Tenno but someone else it would work. I think our suits are templates made from pieces of infested subjects married to techno-organic systems to allow for the Tenno to control the suit, probably through the neural sensor and control module implants. My theory is that the technocyte part of the suit is nourished and controlled for lack of better words, by our Void emanations.

If someone without void exposure tried to don one of the original suits, maybe the suit could have infested the host. I don't think the suits would be able to by the time they were used to make warframes - I would assume those strains would be more inactive for the most part - but I guess that would be one way of working such a concept. Essentially this Typhus wouldn't be an infested Tenno or such but an warframe with an operator infested by the active technocyte strains, an infested wearing an infested suit. Maybe a future for Alad V!

Edited by Urlan

Maybe if the wearer of the Typhus concept was not a Tenno but someone else it would work. I think our suits are templates made from pieces of infested subjects married to techno-organic systems to allow for the Tenno to control the suit, probably through the neural sensor and control module implants. My theory is that the technocyte part of the suit is nourished and controlled for lack of better words, by our Void emanations.

If someone without void exposure tried to don one of the original suits, maybe the suit could have infested the host. I don't think the suits would be able to by the time they were used to make warframes - I would assume those strains would be more inactive for the most part - but I guess that would be one way of working such a concept. Essentially this Typhus wouldn't be an infested Tenno or such but an warframe with an operator infested by the active technocyte strains, an infested wearing an infested suit. Maybe a future for Alad V!

Only works if the Tenno aren't flesh in the suit (and in that case all my aesthetic notions are moot as they are wrong) and I'm certain that Tenno are human flesh (even if it is possible for then to briefly shift off the mortal coil like Vor)

That's why Typhus is a broken concept for Warframe: it's a character concept not a suit concept, it's the story of something done to the inhabitant of the suit _because_ of the suit.

Typhus is explicitly designed as a one and only ever one being in the suit, with a tragic story (if you like that sort of thing)

While an arguement by a very rude tenno was nearly convincing I have to say what a hypocrite and do you even lore

Rhino p codex implies tenno control from outside the suit

Ember codec implies powers from the individual

Warframes are tcyte based which are living metal I.e. no blood

So.. it's possible there are a group of tenno down in that little thing they failed to mention called an orbiters compartment with a different compatible or multiple tenno helping to control each frame

Occupy doesn't mean inside or not. It basically means control. The haha in the Ordis joke is probably because we don't physically wear it but it's called a suit.

The codec says they built the frames around us

From this we can decypher that the devs didn't think all this out and as stated they never anticipated this level of success.

Not every mechanic is lore based.

And yet he had the nerve to post narrow minded

Ninjas please

No, I agree that it makes sense that Tenno are flesh and blood inside the suits, its just I don't see how the suit could infest a Tenno operator without ouside infestation. According to Vor, his people couldn't get the suits to work without us alive in them. For the suits to infest us, they would have to be active infestation, and I am not sure they are. Even then, I think the Void Taint makes us at least resistant or immune to such things.

Dark Sector isn't canon, Technocyte doesn't look to be living metal in Warframe. It's too fleshy and organic looking.

I've always seen the frames a mix of infested fleshy stuff, and steel (or some kind of metal, but Excal codex says steel, so that's what I go with) with a hint of nano tech.

I've always seen the frames a mix of infested fleshy stuff, and steel (or some kind of metal, but Excal codex says steel, so that's what I go with) with a hint of nano tech.

I don't do theories personally, I go off of what we are given, which currently is practically nothing. I do enjoy reading other peoples theories though.

Technocyte can look living metal in Warframe as well and is described as such in the exploring infested a while back along with the tiny little light showing dots and tumor protrusions, observe some of the cancerous growths on the Eris Corpus derelicts and you will see that in among the fleshy tumors are 'living metal' partially covered flesh mounds hanging from the ceiling and collecting on the walls and floors. The only infested that don't seem to have metal and inorganic mater merging into their flesh are the ancients.

Technocyte can look living metal in Warframe as well and is described as such in the exploring infested a while back along with the tiny little light showing dots and tumor protrusions, observe some of the cancerous growths on the Eris Corpus derelicts and you will see that in among the fleshy tumors are 'living metal' partially covered flesh mounds hanging from the ceiling and collecting on the walls and floors. The only infested that don't seem to have metal and inorganic mater merging into their flesh are the ancients.

Chargers were previously Grineer, and the metal parts on them look awfully similar to Grineer body armor. Runners, Explosive Runners, and Leapers all look completely fleshy with the exception of one boot which looks the same as the corpus boots. Then you have Lephatis, I don't see any metal on him, just a massive mound of flesh. Juggernaut, Flesh. Crawlers, flesh. Only exceptions I really see are the Mutalist enemies which, news flash, are only a thing because of Salad.

Chargers were previously Grineer, and the metal parts on them look awfully similar to Grineer body armor. Runners, Explosive Runners, and Leapers all look completely fleshy with the exception of one boot which looks the same as the corpus boots. Then you have Lephatis, I don't see any metal on him, just a massive mound of flesh. Juggernaut, Flesh. Crawlers, flesh. Only exceptions I really see are the Mutalist enemies which, news flash, are only a thing because of Salad.

Mutalist Ospreys are pre-moldy salad... But also mutalists are all robotic, and made of metal from the start.

Mutalist Ospreys are pre-moldy salad... But also mutalists are all robotic, and made of metal from the start.

Not really, they started to show up before the Mutalist Event, yes, but Alad was very much already in the process of switching sides with the Suspicious Shipments event. That allows us to say that the Mutalist Ospreys are very much the result of Mutalist Alad V's work.

Occupy literally means "to fill or reside in". It only means control in the context of capturing or seizing, like occupying territory.

Can it not be used metaphorically

Dark Sector isn't canon, Technocyte doesn't look to be living metal in Warframe. It's too fleshy and organic looking.

It's Canon