Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I hear what you are saying; no evidence of infestation before the war, assuming of course, the rpc is allso during the war, and I am not sold on it.

However. The Technocyte can do so many things.

Join me for a ride.

Children with a benign tc is sent into the Void on ships designed to survive the storm.

The tc is nanobots, microscopic machines programmed with a task of protecting the children at all cost.

When the void energy start to harm them, it mutates their bodies to become both resistant and conductive.

They become living lightningrods, reactors for this alien energy.

The tc uses the energy as power, creating protection from harm; the Oro. A selfreplicatory healing process.

The would be Orokin Empire, takes this Oro, this Holy Grail and become the first immortals. In time they become known as the Orokin Empirors, who like the Emperors of old Earth, were living Gods above all men.

How do that sound?

I hear what you are saying; no evidence of infestation before the war, assuming of course, the rpc is allso during the war, and I am not sold on it.

Join me for a ride.

Children with a benign tc is sent into the Void on ships designed to survive the storm.

The tc is nanobots, microscopic machines programmed with a task of protecting the children at all cost.

When the void energy start to harm them, it mutates their bodies to become both resistant and conductive.

The tc uses the energy as power, creating protection from harm; the Oro. A selfreplicatory healing process.

The would be Orokin Empire, takes this Oro, this Holy Grail and become the first immortals. In time they become known as the Orokin Empirors, who like the Emperors of old Earth, were living Gods above all men.

How do that sound?

Well, to really break this down, the fact is that the Orokin were the ones who discovered the void and had no understanding of it. The Tenno were the first to survive the perils of the place and the Orokin had been around long before then. Basically your time frame is the wrong way around. The Orokin came before the void and the Technocyte. It is also mentioned that the Infested were created to be a weapon against the sentients, an enemy that almost brought the empire to the brink of destruction - an event that happened near the end of the Orokin reign.

Your theory is awesome creative, but doesn't make sense to me.

Join me for a ride.

How do that sound?

Transformers: Nanobots in disguise!

Well, to really break this down, the fact is that the Orokin were the ones who discovered the void and had no understanding of it. The Tenno were the first to survive the perils of the place and the Orokin had been around long before then. Basically your time frame is the wrong way around. The Orokin came before the void and the Technocyte. It is also mentioned that the Infested were created to be a weapon against the sentients, an enemy that almost brought the empire to the brink of destruction - an event that happened near the end of the Orokin reign.

Your theory is awesome creative, but doesn't make sense to me.

Hmm. Let me explain.

To me personally, I have never felt that the Tenno were researched and developed as a war-strategy during the war. I believe the final warframes, the Excalibur Prime, the Mag Prime, Rhino Prime and so on, were built as a last effort.

But, as we know, during the Void Era the Zariman, and Rhino Prime Codex creature took place. A long time later, when the Orokin Empire was established, they turned to the Zariman Experiment and Tenno Project that they never fully understood.

They "Turned the demons loose". The Propaganda from the Void Era - signifying a past time long ago.

So no, to me Tenno was a thing long before there was an Empire, but they were not the polished Primes or normal warframes, more likely Proto warframes.

i saw a trailer somewhere. Excalibur. Without helmet, a human face. He turns around and walks slowly to the right, his helmet appearing like iron man suit. Then he aproaches liset and exits the way tenno always do when they extract. Im still trying to find that trailer again. 

i saw a trailer somewhere. Excalibur. Without helmet, a human face. He turns around and walks slowly to the right, his helmet appearing like iron man suit. Then he aproaches liset and exits the way tenno always do when they extract. Im still trying to find that trailer again. 

You saw the proof-of-concept that DE did for Dark Sector, that later became reinvented as Warframe.

Not sold on any form of Tenno or Zariman kid infection with the technocyte virus, just doesn't seem likely from a lore perspective or a story perspective.

In the absence of something specifically suggesting that Tenno are infected I'm going to assume they are not.

this, at 6:30. That is just a proof of concept? :(

No it was part of a "pitch video" that's the footage you produce well in advance of an actual game in order to sell it to a publisher. Here is all of it

No publisher's were interested save one who had a _long_ list of compromises needed and what we got was "Dark Sector"

Hmm. Let me explain.

To me personally, I have never felt that the Tenno were researched and developed as a war-strategy during the war. I believe the final warframes, the Excalibur Prime, the Mag Prime, Rhino Prime and so on, were built as a last effort.

But, as we know, during the Void Era the Zariman, and Rhino Prime Codex creature took place. A long time later, when the Orokin Empire was established, they turned to the Zariman Experiment and Tenno Project that they never fully understood.

They "Turned the demons loose". The Propaganda from the Void Era - signifying a past time long ago.

So no, to me Tenno was a thing long before there was an Empire, but they were not the polished Primes or normal warframes, more likely Proto warframes.

Hate to say it man, but there seems to be a lot of unfounded conjecture here.

The Orokin retreated to the void out of panic, not because it was a safe harbor. The Origin system had become the hunting grounds of the Sentient, turning their own weapons on the Orokin and forcing them to a standstill. The Technocyte ultimately failed, perhaps even causing more damage to the Orokin, so they fled.

The Proto-Rhino in the story is what I assume to be a Bio-mechanical construct based around technocyte flesh, perhaps… a test run of the fleshy insides of the suit before they encased it in ferrite / rubedo / whatever. A blank slate for the Tenno to inhabit. Tabula Rasa, so to speak.

That would explain why the Orokin were so terrified in using them…

HOLY HELLFIRE. I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY.

The Warframe without a Tenno pilot is like an Eva that has gone berserk. It’s a body made of infested flesh, crammed into a Warframe and then possessed / uploaded / whatever by the Energy-based Tenno consciousness.

The Orokin were terrified, not because the Tenno is a being of void energy that they did not understand, but to function, they handed over a fully sociopathic, potentially murderous body made of the very things that probably had a hand in their downfall.

Okay… I need to see if that fits. My theory;

Tenno = Energy-based, void-warped consciousness.

Warframe = Mixture of especially crafted infested flesh (to house the Tenno into a physical mass) and technology-based outer layer to focus the void energy.

Yes? No? Anyone see any glaring holes I am missing?

Warframe = Mixture of especially crafted infested flesh (to house the Tenno into a physical mass) and technology-based outer layer to focus the void energy.

Just the usual: Vor's commentary of pulling Tenno corpses from Warframes, DEs statement that they want to ground us in out character and that they want us to be in control of the looks of our character.

I'm not buying Tenno-as-incorporeal energy, I'm fine with a transient energy form but IMHO Tenno ate physical.

Yes I may be completely wrong. This is after all just..

speculationrainbow_zps8dccbcfd.gif

But if the Orokin really did turn to the Void, in their desperation, and came up with the Tenno, warrior Gods trained in the Conclave, in suits with powers unparalelled - then what do this mean?

The Zariman and the warframes are then unrelated other than by being in the same research?

The only way to make it work is;

1. Zariman produces void-kids.

2. Rhino monster breakthrough.

3. Build warframes

4. War.

5. Conclave trains the Tenno who are taken out of storage. Puts Tenno in warframes.

Excalibur codex says they took the few who had returned from that place, and I allways read that in past tense.

But hey, maby the war lasted a very long time?

The only way to make it work is;

1. Zariman produces void-kids.

2. Rhino monster breakthrough.

3. Build warframes

4. War.

5. Conclave trains the Tenno who are taken out of storage. Puts Tenno in warframes.

I'd suggest that the first Tenno and the Warframes were made during the Void Era, but were kept secret until the War. Mag Prime Codex says that the Tenno were "from the void era" and secret enough that people could literally not believe they existed. It also given more time for the Tenno to establish their traditions and training principles.

I'd suggest that the first Tenno and the Warframes were made during the Void Era, but were kept secret until the War. Mag Prime Codex says that the Tenno were "from the void era" and secret enough that people could literally not believe they existed. It also given more time for the Tenno to establish their traditions and training principles.

In that case the desperation part was that the orokin let them loose. They gave up some control in order to win the war.

This do however fit with my theory that the Emperors used the Tenno to take power.

Edited by arch111

Just the usual: Vor's commentary of pulling Tenno corpses from Warframes, DEs statement that they want to ground us in out character and that they want us to be in control of the looks of our character.

I'm not buying Tenno-as-incorporeal energy, I'm fine with a transient energy form but IMHO Tenno ate physical.

Can't say anything for DE's statement, but Vor's "pulling Tenno corposes from Warframes" COULD have been him pulling the whole thing out of Cryopods - which, admittedly , follow through with the idea of being a "metal womb" a little closer to anything the Warframes are.

But the Excalibur Codex talks about the Warframes having been "built around the Tenno" when "the Sentients had won". Which we can safely assume was during the Orokin Era.

As for the time to establish traditions and training - I remain certain they had other teachers (ala the Conclave and Teshin) before they were dispatched, and I STILL think that we may be underestimating how long the Old War went even AFTER the Tenno were released. Could be the Tenno culture was forged while they were fighting the Sentients.

In that case the desperation part was that the orokin let them loose. They gave up some control in order to win the war.

This do however fit with my theory that the Emperors used the Tenno to take power.

Or at least what they harnessed FROM the Tenno - Oro.

Hate to say it man, but there seems to be a lot of unfounded conjecture here.

The Orokin retreated to the void out of panic, not because it was a safe harbor. The Origin system had become the hunting grounds of the Sentient, turning their own weapons on the Orokin and forcing them to a standstill. The Technocyte ultimately failed, perhaps even causing more damage to the Orokin, so they fled.

The Proto-Rhino in the story is what I assume to be a Bio-mechanical construct based around technocyte flesh, perhaps… a test run of the fleshy insides of the suit before they encased it in ferrite / rubedo / whatever. A blank slate for the Tenno to inhabit. Tabula Rasa, so to speak.

That would explain why the Orokin were so terrified in using them…

HOLY HELLFIRE. I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY.

The Warframe without a Tenno pilot is like an Eva that has gone berserk. It’s a body made of infested flesh, crammed into a Warframe and then possessed / uploaded / whatever by the Energy-based Tenno consciousness.

The Orokin were terrified, not because the Tenno is a being of void energy that they did not understand, but to function, they handed over a fully sociopathic, potentially murderous body made of the very things that probably had a hand in their downfall.

Yeah, that's my theory that I've been spouting for months, and back on like, page 5 (or something) of this thread. Only instead of "energy being" the Tenno is an independent AI - a more advanced form of the Corrupted.

Tenno is completely non-human, the Warframe it pilots is a twisted human. The Tenno robs the organic Warframe of its control because, as you said, it's completely unpredictable.

I like the reversal - instead of the cliche human piloting a robot, it's a robot piloting a human. Plus the dubious moral stance of robbing a human of its free-will and using it like a puppet is delcious. I'm rather fond of it.

EDIT: It was actually page 2 and 3

Edited by AM-Bunny

Yeah, that's my theory that I've been spouting for months, and back on like, page 5 (or something) of this thread. Only instead of "energy being" the Tenno is an independent AI - a more advanced form of the Corrupted.

Tenno is completely non-human, the Warframe it pilots is a twisted human. The Tenno robs the organic Warframe of its control because, as you said, it's completely unpredictable.

I like the reversal - instead of the cliche human piloting a robot, it's a robot piloting a human. Plus the dubious moral stance of robbing a human of its free-will and using it like a puppet is delcious. I'm rather fond of it.

EDIT: It was actually page 2 and 3

But that goes against what we know of where the Tenno came from - the Orokin taking those twisted by the Void (Excal Codex), and those twisted by the Void having been children (Ember Codex) recognizable as such by one who is most likely a human - as she was described with humanoid features and we don't have any evidence that other species were in contact with humanity at the time.

I'm all for the idea that the Warframes are twisted, Infested human bodies - hell, maybe that's what happened to Kaleen post-Codex? Used for experiments - but when it comes to considering the "energy being" theory, I lean more towards the Tenno basically being a Soul. A consciousness without any meaningful physical presence.

As Vor said: "I know you are sour on mysticism, but I have begun to turn my gaze towards it."

Edited by Morec0

This makes me think of Chappie... That movie looked promising, but turned out to be so stupid.

We have word-of-god that the Tenno were human, so thats dead in the water.

But that goes against what we know of where the Tenno came from - the Orokin taking those twisted by the Void (Excal Codex), and those twisted by the Void having been children (Ember Codex) recognizable as such by one who is most likely a human - as she was described with humanoid features and we don't have any evidence that other species were in contact with humanity at the time.

I'm all for the idea that the Warframes are twisted, Infested human bodies - hell, maybe that's what happened to Kaleen post-Codex? Used for experiments - but when it comes to considering the "energy being" theory, I lean more towards the Tenno basically being a Soul. A consciousness without any meaningful physical presence.

As Vor said: "I know you are sour on mysticism, but I have begun to turn my gaze towards it."

I believe that the Warframes were human. The humans were exposed to the void, twisted, and granted powers. This exposure also affected their minds. A suit was built around these humans to focus their already potent powers, and also to provide an interface for the Tenno. The Tenno is able to "plug in" to any Warframe suit and take control of its nervous system, giving it full control over the human inside. 

In this sense, the "Warframe" is referring to simultaneously a void-twisted human, as well as the literal suit of armour around it. The "Tenno" is the disembodied force that controls the human. Without it, you end up with a mindless beast, like in the Rhino Prime codex entry.

I believe that the Warframes were human. The humans were exposed to the void, twisted, and granted powers. This exposure also affected their minds. A suit was built around these humans to focus their already potent powers, and also to provide an interface for the Tenno. The Tenno is able to "plug in" to any Warframe suit and take control of its nervous system, giving it full control over the human inside. 

In this sense, the "Warframe" is referring to simultaneously a void-twisted human, as well as the literal suit of armour around it. The "Tenno" is the disembodied force that controls the human. Without it, you end up with a mindless beast, like in the Rhino Prime codex entry.

This still sounds pretty silly.

This still sounds pretty silly.

Duly noted, but I'm still fond of it. It's one of the few ideas that seems pretty fresh and not cliche. It's also feasible with all the current info we have. That's enough for me.

Also, just because Tenno are AI doesn't mean they don't have personality. The Orokin also created Ordis and the other Cephalon - Ordis is broken, and he's still capable of feeling bashful when Simaris-sempai notices him, so Tenno would still have a perfectly human range of emotions.

Just wondering, which part of it is silly to you?