Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

They flat out stated DS is not Canon.

You'd have to be as stubborn as me to believe in it.

Indeed they did, however some people have taken Steve's 'Absolutely' uttered halfway through the exposition to be the answer to the canon question. IMHO that is just a bizarre reading of something that is quite obviously relaying the exact opposite. So yay for yet more "vague" language.

They flat out stated DS is not Canon.

You'd have to be as stubborn as me to believe in it.

That do not however mean we will not see Hayden Tenno in Warframe.

That do not however mean we will not see infested inspired by DS.

But if Hayden became the first warrior for the Guardians, and thousands of years later, his tomb was discovered leading to the respread of the tc and creation of the warframes, and the Code, who would be bothered by that?

We know DS is our time. Warframe is the future. If you want to connect them be my guest, but that is just fanon and speculation.

I maintain that Teshin will be the one to shed light the past. He trained the Tenno, he knew the Tenno.

If anyone knows the Tenno legacy, it is he.

And he could be Haden Tenno in disguise. See? I can play this game too.

That do not however mean we will not see Hayden Tenno in Warframe.

That do not however mean we will not see infested inspired by DS.

Well we know by word-of-god that _A_ Hayden Tenno existed in the Warframe universe, DS not being canon doesn't mean that _nothing_ in Warframe's history can use elements from DS's own canon, just that we can't rely on any specific element as an accurate representation of the events of Warframe's past.

As I've said previously: We have no reason to assume the Warframe Hayden was even infected, it's possible, but far from required or even alluded to. I mean we had a statement that something like the infestation ravaged the earth well before the Orokin collapse, from which the Orokin rebuilt the super-jungle earth we have now. It would seen that the Orokin would have had plenty of access to Technocyte material from that it nothing else.

Edited by SilentMobius

The tcyte IS the building-blocks for the Orokin, and all factions since.

I agree that does seem tremendously likely. I wrote about it last year (here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202045-what-defines-the-orokin-and-what-rougly-did-they-look-like/ ) And IMHO very much fits the theme and everything the Devs have said, _but_ it's far from confirmed as of yet. For all we know Forma/morphics have nothing to do with the technocyte virus in Warframe and the "beast" in the Rhino-prime entry could have been the first ever successful experiment of any sort.

My point is that it's a good bit of theorycrafting, but it's not a axiom to be relied upon to help prove other points. 

But we use materials harvested from infested. That in turn is used for warframes and forma.

It is right there in the game. Most grineer weapons are part organic as well, so I say there is plenty to build on without resorting to theory.

But we use materials harvested from infested. That in turn is used for warframes and forma.

It is right there in the game. Most grineer weapons are part organic as well, so I say there is plenty to build on without resorting to theory.

And all of these things could be said to have come into existence either near the end of the Orokin era (during the War) or after the fall of the Orokin.

Remember I don't disagree with your position, it's a strong notion. However for something to be the "building block" of the Orokin it would be part of the make-up of their technology before the war, and that is something we can't yet confirm, only surmise.

And all of these things could be said to have come into existence either near the end of the Orokin era (during the War) or after the fall of the Orokin.

Remember I don't disagree with your position, it's a strong notion. However for something to be the "building block" of the Orokin it would be part of the make-up of their technology before the war, and that is something we can't yet confirm, only surmise.

Ok fair enough.

Well while it could be a repeated previous statement out of convenience I was told by a dev today in response to a pm that spiritual successor sums it up so

I'm ok with not Canon till otherwise officially stated as I said in like four previous posts.

Aye. As I've said, I try not to hold a lot of stock that Dark Sector has much lore influence - especially when it comes to trying to determine what the Tenno are. Hayden is as far removed from the Tenno as we are from anything else. Even if a Hayden Tenno DID exist, might not be the one from DS.

I was thinking of it as dinosaurs. Elements of a lost past where the only thing that remained were skeletons...

Meh.

In all honesty if the new chart doesn't bring some history and lore to the table clarifying some things I'm giving up on lore.

Pretty much have already.

Came for the lore stayed for the company.

I was thinking of it as dinosaurs. Elements of a lost past where the only thing that remained were skeletons...

Meh.

In all honesty if the new chart doesn't bring some history and lore to the table clarifying some things I'm giving up on lore.

Pretty much have already.

Came for the lore stayed for the company.

Well Zenurik fields contains where the Orokin had civilizations.

Madurai Sphere is where the Sentients will be coming from. Possibly the void.

That's about all the important stuff it tells us though.

The Senients are said to have come from beyond the galactic rim, through the Outer Terminus solar rail not the void. Also, in the Rhino Prime Codex entry, the researcher narrator mentions that they have been doing experiments on creatures like the escaped subject for a while now. So I would hazard that the escaped infested creature was not the first or really given the promotions line; the last. It would be interesting if DarkSector was canon but 4/10 canon is no canon. I take it that DE Steve was just referencing that Warframe is built upon the ideas of the earlier protowarframe concept Dark Sector and the actual game, DarkSector introducing Hayden Tenno and the infested.

As far as the time line for the history of the game goes, I figure it goes:

>Human Civilization attains high technology and colonizes the Solar system calls itself the Orokin Empire

>Creates Solar Rails to explore outside the Origin System

> Encounters the alien civilization, the Sentients and comes into conflict with them

> Losing this conflict to the Sentient's abilities to control high technology the Orokin turn to clone soldiers and low-tech mass produced weapons to beat the Sentients

>Due to still losing ground and being beaten back to the Origin System, the Orokin turn to designing and manufacturing bioweapons and researching other sources of power like the mysterious Void; due to these research paths the Infested bioweapons and later Tenno and Warframes are created.

>Tenno, Orokin Grunts, Grineer Clone Soldiers, and Infested Bioweapons push the main Sentients force out of the Origin System and destroy the Outer Terminus Solar Rail removing the Sentients' access to the solar system

>The Tenno may have eliminated the Orokin Emperors and destablized the Orokin Empire thereby allowing the infested and Grineer to break free from their masters and forcing the some of the survivors to group together, calling themselves the Corpus after the Orokin term for a caste group or loosely a family and the Tenno enter cryostasis

>Modern day the Grineer have cobbled together an Empire of the old Orokin Origin System while the Corpus have become a merchant cult idolizing the Orokin and Profit, the Infested have largely disappeared but recent bioweapon research might be reinfecting the system, and the Tenno are starting to reawaken slowly from cryo.

i also always thought we were like people turn to digital datait would explain why we can jump from bodies and no be affected by the void.

we may have genders(as we have personas from our "past" lives.) but we can "dive" into any body. 

also we have to build warframes: head, systems, and chasis. why would the head be included in chasis? format. 

Chassis does mean body, in our case the helmet can be removed and replaced by other helmet looks and could represent the core helmet systems that the cosmetic fits over. The systems blueprint represents the internal parts of the suit that interact with the chassis and helmet to give us use of the technocyte outer coverings external sensors like being able to feel, see, hear and what not through the suit as well as probably being the bulk of what techno-organic wetware we interface to the suit with for its functions.

Yeah, Void magic, turns from a human into a digital download! -.-

awesome reverse matrix!

i wonder if there is frame personalities? like with valkyrie she is....well is messed up. do you get her memories or is it preset?

Wait, are you now discussing that Tenno are digital personalitys stored in drives and installed into a fleshy combatsuit?

Feelabit we-seen-this-allready don't it?

What about the Oro? What about the Void-powers?

Feels wrong to me.

Wait, are you now discussing that Tenno are digital personalitys stored in drives and installed into a fleshy combatsuit?

Feelabit we-seen-this-allready don't it?

What about the Oro? What about the Void-powers?

Feels wrong to me.

well i am just wondering if it is like the iron man suit and old world blues armor

also i think we are synthetic organisms at best.

Synthetic in what way? I figure all Orokin citizens were tube births by the Corpus father's statement in the antimoa's entry but nothing has implied that the Children of Zariman were modified or artifical before being sent into the Void. I guess in some beliefs, test tube or artifical womb babies would be considered unnatural but for the Orokin, regular reproduction seems to have been the odd duck instead.