Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Guys tyl calls the tenno lizards. Clearly the tenno are all shapeshifting illuminati reptilians.

I mean, let's be real, that's just as much a leap of logic as the whole "Tenno are energy thing"

Yes, Tenno are lizards, with fruit juice in their heads. You win the lore game.

Grizzly the only thing we have to go by is the setting and characters.

Settings in Ember Prime and Rhino Prime is very different from the setting in Mag Prime and Creman Synth.

We know there was a time before the Great War, a time before the Void was explored. We know that time as the Void Era.

We allso have established councilors and an.Empire during the war.

And we know much time passed since the Zariman, part by the time it took to build the Towers, research Forma and so on, part from the Lorists who lived at least 250 years.

Zariman clearly predates all that, the creatures in rpc likely predates the Infestation, Davis predates Corpus.

The timeline, like Morec0 have suggested, is that the Orokin found biotech/energy that they used to better their society.

They became the Oro-Kin.

Okay then... So were they still the Orokin before the Empire, or called something else, then?

I doubt the became the "Orokin" until they achieved dominance. My guess is that there was a small group who controlled the solar rails and their stranglehold on trade and tech resulted the the theorachy that we know as the Orokin Empire.

I think that the discovery/invention of the Oro system (whatever it is) and near-immortality is also a key part, but the don't have enough supporting data to realistically posit that.

I don't think tenno are energy beings capable of living as pure energy. I do think that they are capable of possessing other creatures (aka Warframes: credit for this idea goes to https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/505177-some-long-winded-thoughts-on-the-nature-of-the-tenno-soulenergy-theory-based/)

That being said, when said creature dies (the warframe gets a mission failure) they must either de-possess the frame and find another one or risk getting disintegrated like the original Mirage. 

As an explanation for how come we don't die when we get a mission failure, my guess is that the lotus is able to create a "spare" warframe in our liset that we can flee back too (and then wait 24 hours to get our 4 revives back).

As an explanation for how come we don't die when we get a mission failure, my guess is that the lotus is able to create a "spare" warframe in our liset that we can flee back too (and then wait 24 hours to get our 4 revives back).

I always headcanon'd that we get teleported back after a critical mission failure.

obviously stepping in far into things and cant read everything but to some of the more recent comments a bit up on the page; Ive always been lead to assume and its reasonable I would argue that prime codex's are relevant to that frame. That being said however, whatever they were right out of the void, untamed power and such, is it not hard to assume that the suits were made to contain and tame this power to be less unpredictable (the user as well perhaps) and that after a suit was molded, like a literal mold off the body of the recently mutated, then it was fashioned and able to be replicated for 'non prime' versions. Who is in them, are they unique, do the tenno in the suits get matched up to a suit based on the powers they happen to get, ect. ect. we don't know, but to me the above always seemed to be more in tow with the story provided so far. Referring to us as or our 'energy' is more of a statement of our power, untamed as it is, tamed then by the frame it's self, one can't function without the other, at least not well (I dont recall infested Mesa using powers nor Chroma(not sure if Chroma was meant to be a tenno at the time we found him either)). Really one key thing that will solve some of the bigger issues between theories is finding out simply, are we one tenno with multiple suits or are we to assume that we choose a new character every time. Hopefully when that answer comes, if ever, we will also get some more info about just what a tenno is. 

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

EDIT: Due to different interpretations of 'energy', the title has been changed.

where did this theory come from in the first place?

Guys I have to share this.

Meet the electric life forms that live on pure energy

Unlike any other life on Earth, these extraordinary bacteria use energy in its purest form – they eat and breathe electrons – and they are everywhere.

Basically last year they proved there exist a bacteria that can feed on electrons - energy. Nasa and others now look into creating machines from them and are wondering how this impacts alien life on other planets.

It is all faschinating and make me think of where we will be in 40 years from now. Technocyte and selfreplicating machines suddenly do not feel as science fiction as it did yesterday.

Link:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25894-meet-the-electric-life-forms-that-live-on-pure-energy/

Guys I have to share this.

Meet the electric life forms that live on pure energy

Unlike any other life on Earth, these extraordinary bacteria use energy in its purest form – they eat and breathe electrons – and they are everywhere.

Basically last year they proved there exist a bacteria that can feed on electrons - energy. Nasa and others now look into creating machines from them and are wondering how this impacts alien life on other planets.

It is all faschinating and make me think of where we will be in 40 years from now. Technocyte and selfreplicating machines suddenly do not feel as science fiction as it did yesterday.

Link:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn25894-meet-the-electric-life-forms-that-live-on-pure-energy/

Life is stranger than fiction and it always will be.

As our ability to perceive and recognise it increases, so too do our potentials for new, crazier discoveries. I mean, if we could find Dark Energy...could we potentially find the Dark parallel to these little sparklers?

SCIENCE!

It all started with Vor's "The Tenno ARE that Energy" line from the tutorial, some people took it VERY literally.

Actually, some people started to say similar stuff when Corrupted Vor was introduced in T4 voids(guessing that Vor was changed by the void energies the same way the Tenno probably were). The later line from the tutorial was considered a proof of that and it gained popularity. After all, Vor seems to be an energy being now, its not that much of a stretch that Tenno may be the same under that armor.

Edited by -skimmer-

Actually, some people started to say similar stuff when Corrupted Vor was introduced in T4 voids(guessing that Vor was changed by the void energies the same way the Tenno probably were). The later line from the tutorial was considered a proof of that and it gained popularity. After all, Vor seems to be an energy being now, its not that much of a stretch that Tenno may be the same under that armor.

Aye, it was his appearance in T4 that got me to stop rolling my eyes at the people saying "Vor said we were energy in the tutorial!"