Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Of Too Much Energy Consumption Needs To Be Modified.

TPtv

Chroma of too much energy consumption needs to be modified.

[de developers] can not modify a serious energy consumption of skill effigy of the chroma should be able to recover the energy recovery kits in effigy in use.

Energy recovery skills of the Trinity is back and he is restored to the use of the effigy. However, not always is present in the vicinity of the chroma Trinity user.

on off recovery of energy recovery kits use the skills of how this should give possible.

So it seems like this went through Google Translate, but if you're saying that you think energy restores should be useable while Effigy is active, they actually had to change toggle abilities from being able to obtain energy this way a while back. People would Sound Quake, set a macro to drop plates at intervals, and leave the computer for an hour or two; made three hour T3 (no T4 then) easy, as no one on the entire tile could move.

if using effigy, use it strategically, it does not need to be out all the flipping time.

To add to that with the proper build it can be out almost all the time.

Chroma is one of the last frames I think of when it comes to energy efficiency.

Just got to level 27 earlier tonight lol

Not Formaed.

Energy siphon maxed.

Max Streamline

Fleeting at 60%

R8 Primed Flow

Max Stretch

My Effigy will last 12 waves of defense w/o recasting as long as I pick up energy.

1mins 30 secs if i dont pick up energy.

The whole time using other powers.

My only issue is every game likes to freeze at this point since update. Wave 10-12 or 10-15 min in excavation :(

I did manage to help PUG the second part of chroma quest though -_^

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

You know what? That´s the problem if you all can only play with fleeting expertise equipped.

No one said you can only play with fleeting expertise. We were replying to someone who specifically said the way they were playing was giving them power problems. If you don't want to use fleeting expertise, just don't leave the Effigy up for long periods of time or use powers less. Just like any other frame in the game.

if using effigy, use it strategically, it does not need to be out all the flipping time.

By strategically, you mean like never use it. Fleeting hurt Chroma other abilities too much and the -50% armor make him vulnerable. Chroma without his high armor is like Nova without mprime. Perhaps if Effigy cc is more effective like Radiant Disarm or Bastille, maybe it might be a fair trade off. As its now, I'm pretty sure I will never cast Effigy again

By strategically, you mean like never use it. Fleeting hurt Chroma other abilities too much and the -50% armor make him vulnerable. Chroma without his high armor is like Nova without mprime. Perhaps if Effigy cc is more effective like Radiant Disarm or Bastille, maybe it might be a fair trade off. As its now, I'm pretty sure I will never cast Effigy again

This is an exaggeration.  Lowered duration is easily countered by duration mods like Primed Continuity or Narrow Minded.  In particular,  Chroma doesn't really hurt from lowered range (Spectral Scream range and Elemental Ward team effects only,) making a mid-ranked or even max-ranked Narrow Minded a relatively painless option for him.

Chroma losing some armor in exchange for a decoy with potent CC capability is a worthy trade-off, IMO.  The aggro manipulation alone makes it good.  The Crowd Dispersion pulses, as well as the CC from the procs of its breath, make it capable of holding a large group of enemies down in a remote location while you do things elsewhere.  Having your base movespeed increased by 20% is also no small thing.  The breath's damage is pretty good, as well.

Not bad, overall.  It really just costs a lot of energy.  Otherwise, it gets my approval.  

This is an exaggeration.  Lowered duration is easily countered by duration mods like Primed Continuity or Narrow Minded.  In particular,  Chroma doesn't really hurt from lowered range (Spectral Scream range and Elemental Ward team effects only,) making a mid-ranked or even max-ranked Narrow Minded a relatively painless option for him.

I need as much duration on Chroma as possible because once I lose the buff on him, I have to rebuild the buff from ground up. Having 40% more duration make a big different. There's no such thing as easily countered. I lose 40% duration compare to maximum possible duration. Not to mention, wasting one precious mod slot for fleeting.

Chroma losing some armor in exchange for a decoy with potent CC capability is a worthy trade-off, IMO.  The aggro manipulation alone makes it good. 

I don't need another aggro magnet. Chroma should be the one getting shot at. Why would I wanna draw attention away from him? He can literally tank anything in game till like level 80+. At which point, I'm better off with a true cc frame anyway.

The Crowd Dispersion pulses, as well as the CC from the procs of its breath, make it capable of holding a large group of enemies down in a remote location while you do things elsewhere.

Again, the cc ain't worth a dime compare to other frame CC. More often, effigy will scatter the enemy all over the place with it's AOE knockback. It's more of a hassle to me. Why would I even need to hold aggro at a remote location? If I'm playing a defense, I should be at the pod, instead of putting Effigy at pod and go somewhere playing hallway hero.

Having your base movespeed increased by 20% is also no small thing.  The breath's damage is pretty good, as well.

20% increase of 1.0 sprint speed isn't that much. Besides, I can easily copter half a room with most melee weapon. The breath damage is worthless against anything above level 30. 

There's also another issue with Effigy. I can't afford using max blind rage on Effigy build, Blind Rage is the only way to get my power strength above 200%. Without at least 200% increase, Vex Armor isn't providing much damage reduction.

Edited by Neogeo

I need as much duration on Chroma as possible because once I lose the buff on him, I have to rebuild the buff from ground up. Having 40% more duration make a big different. There's no such thing as easily countered. I lose 40% duration compare to maximum possible duration. Not to mention, wasting one precious mod slot for fleeting.

I don't need another aggro magnet. Chroma should be the one getting shot at. Why would I wanna draw attention away from him? He can literally tank anything in game till like level 80+. At which point, I'm better off with a true cc frame anyway.

Again, the cc ain't worth a dime compare to other frame CC. More often, effigy will scatter the enemy all over the place with it's AOE knockback. It's more of a hassle to me. Why would I even need to hold aggro at a remote location? If I'm playing a defense, I should be at the pod, instead of putting Effigy at pod and go somewhere playing hallway hero.

20% increase of 1.0 sprint speed isn't that much. Besides, I can easily copter half a room with most melee weapon. The breath damage is worthless against anything above level 30. 

There's also another issue with Effigy. I can't afford using max blind rage on Effigy build, Blind Rage is the only way to get my power strength above 200%. Without at least 200% increase, Vex Armor isn't providing much damage reduction.

Then why do you want Effegy?

Just got to level 27 earlier tonight lol

Not Formaed.

Energy siphon maxed.

Max Streamline

Fleeting at 60%

R8 Primed Flow

Max Stretch

My Effigy will last 12 waves of defense w/o recasting as long as I pick up energy.

1mins 30 secs if i dont pick up energy.

The whole time using other powers.

My only issue is every game likes to freeze at this point since update. Wave 10-12 or 10-15 min in excavation :(

I did manage to help PUG the second part of chroma quest though -_^

When you have Effigy, or using Spectral Energy Siphon won't work, preventing infinite Effigy.

So, if you only care about xx rounds into void defense, then why don't you just play Rhino, Loki, Vauban, an any of the other frames with mass disables that turn the game off?  It's also trivial to get your Vex Armor buffs back after recasting.  Lastly, you can use Blind Rage at rank 2 with no downsides besides 10% less duration (from one more rank in FE.)  Effigy does use too much energy but your declarations of FE being bad on Chroma are sensational.  FE is a de facto standard in 95% of builds, for better or for worse.  In the few cases where a trade-off is actually warranted and you don't use FE, that's design working as intended.  That almost never happens, though.  

When you have Effigy, or using Spectral Energy Siphon won't work, preventing infinite Effigy.

He's talking about maintaining it with energy orb income.  He can also take advantage of ES and energy restores in between casts.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Wow, First there's a topic on how someone wants to toggle Hysteria or be able to cancel it. Now someone is saying they want Chroma to be more energy efficient. Do you not understand that in order to change some something. Something else must be sacrificed. Like making the ability itself less effective or reduce the damage. Like I'm hearing the same thing with the Synoid Gammacor, R.I.P. Little arm cannon. D.E. Please just disregard this post as mere ramblings and leave Chroma the way he is.

Wow, First there's a topic on how someone wants to toggle Hysteria or be able to cancel it. Now someone is saying they want Chroma to be more energy efficient. Do you not understand that in order to change some something. Something else must be sacrificed. Like making the ability itself less effective or reduce the damage. Like I'm hearing the same thing with the Synoid Gammacor, R.I.P. Little arm cannon. D.E. Please just disregard this post as mere ramblings and leave Chroma the way he is.

This +1