Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Osprey Specters Can Finally Fight Back!

jollter

This is no joke, and after some thorough testing, it's very possible that your osprey can fight back now.

Since the latest update introduced the "Hold" And "Follow" command for specters, telling your shield osprey to hold its position will put your osprey into its combat mode. (Unfolding its wings, and bringing out its turret tail to gun enemies down.) Though this is only possible when you command it to hold its position it seems, this makes it an even more interesting specter to bring for defense style missions. Quite possibly the best actually. 

The turret it wields on it is the same exact one used by the Void Ospreys summoned from the moas after getting low on health. Giving it perfect accuracy (Shooting in a straight line), and a HUGE rate of fire. The damage it does is actually pretty decent to. Took down a lancer in about 2-3 seconds.

Isn't Shield Osprey the one you can spawn dozens of?

I'm not sure if you can actually spawn more then one of these things. Though having four players on your team who bring them will pretty much give you guys an osprey turret defence system.

Damn, now I need to get Loka on my bad side.

I REALLY wanna get those specters and throw down one, as Chroma...

In the wise words of sundown.

Believe me these specters are worth it. Aside from giving shields to you and your buddies, AND the pod in defence missions, it now has the capability to fight back. It's the best one there is if you ask me.

Junior Cephalon Suda Death Squad Go!

23r0l8n.jpg

I really hope this is an intentional feature, because it's actually pretty neat to have. Obviously they don't put out too much damage, and I imagine on high-level maps they'll get rekt easily without support (the enemies here were only like level 8) but they were pretty efficient at distracting and keeping the enemies off the pod even without support, and placing them in various locations mean free shield recharges as you move about. The only real issue is that they all eventually seem to wander towards the pod, even if you deploy them a bit of a ways off, so that may need some looking at.

They're definitely useful companions for Solo given you can have multiple Ospreys out at a time, but seeing as being able to spawn a ton could probably be a bit overkill, I'd be okay with a cap of 5 minimum (certainly not one, cause that would just ruin them).

The shield ospreys from what i know have always had guns. They shoot similar to scavenger drones (bursts of fast moving white projectiles)  However, they almost never did so, and i can see easily why no one ever saw it. Unlike the Osprey drone platoons that fire on you relentlessly xD 

Probably has something to do with the Drone AI, always on the move wandering aorund, if you notice, the corpus drones pretty much stop moving when firing on you. 

The shield ospreys from what i know have always had guns. They shoot similar to scavenger drones (bursts of fast moving white projectiles)  However, they almost never did so, and i can see easily why no one ever saw it. Unlike the Osprey drone platoons that fire on you relentlessly xD 

Probably has something to do with the Drone AI, always on the move wandering aorund, if you notice, the corpus drones pretty much stop moving when firing on you. 

Yeah I had them firing back when viver was a thing but yeah you're right, I did just realize that they all are pretty much stationary when firing their cannon. I thought that was limited to the MOAs.

Edited by Genjinaro