Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

253 Nodes On The Star Map To 20

Spindle99

Void nodes will vanish with upcoming rework.

Derelict nodes are keys.

The rest of those nodes can easily be stacked to reduce redundancy.

Starter nodes are part of a quest.

The whole "we either have lots of nodes or content is gated" is what's known as a false dilemma. It presents two options as being the only options, when in reality there are a spectrum of other options in the middle. For example, dividing mission types and rewards by planet, making two-part missions, moving more missions off the star chart like PvP, reducing the number of planets, and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't think of.

Like I said, the whole China panic is unfounded. If you'd like to panic, DE is the one you should be panicking at.

Void is not vanishing.

You skipped boss nodes, if you say stacked how do you mean?  Keep in mind the point is to reduce player spread.

Dark sector nodes, as above.

You are confusing the issue, it's not "lets have lots of nodes" it's lets have enough nodes so we have a decent amount of choice or that the game doesn't feel restrictive or a waiting game.  20 doesn't seem like enough.

You don't know how it works and neither do I, that's the problem (and the manifesto didn't change that) and it could end up being terribad with players having to wait on rotations to do boss fights or rare res farming.

Also stop bringing up china, that was a very minor part of the post and you bring it up like it's the most important thing. 

Edited by Spindle99

Considering how many planets share textures theres really no point in having different planets. I think they want to condense for players partially and also so they can just skip over having to retexture each planet.....tinfoil hat..As long as there is no content denial such as resources,prime parts and bosses I personally have no problem with it because really after a certain point who goes to the regular nodes anyway.

They were talking about some sort of rotation for mission types, right? I'd imagine the star chart to ne similar to the current alert system.

20 sounds drastic at first but I feel like this is a welcome change as I practically don't do any missions on the star chart anymore (despite occasional alerts). Distributing the void drops on the new star chart (or whatever they exactly want to do with it) might make this tons more fun.

Void nodes will vanish with upcoming rework.

Derelict nodes are keys.

The rest of those nodes can easily be stacked to reduce redundancy.

Starter nodes are part of a quest.

The whole "we either have lots of nodes or content is gated" is what's known as a false dilemma. It presents two options as being the only options, when in reality there are a spectrum of other options in the middle. For example, dividing mission types and rewards by planet, making two-part missions, moving more missions off the star chart like PvP, reducing the number of planets, and probably a bunch of other stuff I can't think of.

Like I said, the whole China panic is unfounded. If you'd like to panic, DE is the one you should be panicking at.

Uh-oh : sorry vaug but you seemed too much like you know all the answers... :/

Nobody who isn't working for DE (or in a close relationship) knows....

Just from what I've picked up (haven't seen the devstream), this sounds incredibly stupid. But, then again, so does a deaf composer, yet that worked pretty well. So, wait and see I guess.

Edited by ra9una

How is this going to affect mastery rank exp? Each node is worth 2000 MR now, or what?

People will still be able to get the same amount of MR as with 256 nodes it's what they said in one of the devstreams. So I think they are gonna increase the MR given per node.

Uh-oh : sorry vaug but you seemed too much like you know all the answers... :/

Nobody who isn't working for DE (or in a close relationship) knows....

Just speculation based on what's been said so far about it.

What could work is following.

Choose Planet-->Choose mission type-->Choose Difficulty-->Choose Modifier ( Nightmare, Dark Sector, Void etc ). With this, there wouldnt be any need for rotations, but we all know DE will add them, community will rage, DE will rework it in what people are suggesting in the first place.

I think what would alleviate a lot of worry is if DE would assure people that there would be no denial of content hid behind this, THAT is my singlemost concern. Because imagine this scenario..you need loki p systems and you only have RANDOM times you could obtain it coupled with the whole RNG mess.

The way I see it :

20 routine missions = 14 "normal + 3 underwater + 3 space. (special mission <raid,pvp... Etc > is not included)

14 normal mission = 5 grineer, 5 corpus , 2 grineer tile set infested,2 corpus tile set infested.

The missions will be a combination of the current missions. Such as spy + capture then sabotage. ( we have to do all these objectives in a mission)

Just a issues, the mission will be super duper long. And how the f-word can I do the mission if I am soloing.