The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime?

Spindle99

my permastunning paralysis disaggre with you on this matter.... (with augument its full minute stun with single cast - more than enpught to call it "Crowd Control"

And in turn, I have to disagree with your opinion and side with Elenor. Whle paralysis is very useful in its own right, it is meant as a personal CC ability/multiplier and provides no more CC than a slam attack from many of the heavy weapons/guaranteed proc weapons. So while it does that very well it makes it an amazing ability for valk (try killing lvl100 napalms without finisher multiplier), she is one of the frames with the least amount of team CC.

But back on topic. I enjoy very much playing Valk and would like to see her primed. The possibilties are 1) the abilities remain exactly the same with with different visuals and sound effects, 2) They reamin fairly equal with minor changes to the mechanics (what i hope) 3) they throw the house through the window and make it a complete rework.

Seeing as her name IS valkyr, white knigh/berzerker theme should definitly be kept. And I like the idea of being close to excaliburs melee theme (or so it's supposed to be). Instead of claws energy blades would be nice. Basically what would be ideal for me is if she was to close range dps what mesa is to long range dps. Mind you, not just hold down a button, but actually having to melee everything and jumping and running and maybe even teleporting to keep the combos going. That could her ultimate: no god mode (it feels cheap), but pure and simple, outrageous dps but being vurnerable the whole time. If a mistake is made, then it would reset like the combos do. But keep the life-steal as this rewards good gameplay. Basically she would constatnly have to be in the middle of the most hetic situations.

Of course, this would also change her role in team play. She would go from being that weird frame that goes off on her own and only shows up to be a medic when someone goes down to being a central part (like mesa) where she deals the dps and the job of the other frames is to support her and help her with CC or ressing if they go down. This would be the true meaning of a bezerker frame.

Allow me to throw my two plat in the ring, to all the people who say that a Primed Valkyr will need a different ability set, why?

The way I see it, there are two sides to the discussion, side A are Valkyr fans, myself included, who want her to remain unchanged mechanically speaking, since we want Valkyr Prime because we like her playstyle.

Side B on the other hand haven't used her much or don't want to use her because of the way she plays (single target damage, poor CC capabilities, ect.), they want Valkyr Prime's abilitys to work differently because they don't like her playstyle.

So, riddle me this, why does Valkyr Prime's abilities have to be different? doing so would simply upset group A since their precious little ball of rage and energy claws wouldn't actually be Valkyr Prime, it may as well be a whole new frame, and whilst group B may be happy with the changes, why would someone who doesn't like Valkyr want Valkyr Prime in the first place?

(Apologies if the bolding and italics come off as obnoxious, but it's the internet, and there aren't any good ways to infer emphasis in text.)

...And on the subject of appearance, let's wait for a 3D render of the Pre-Corpus skin first, and lay of the Kawaii-Kitty-butt-wings and Typhus' sister artwork for the time being, I can smell the embers of a flame war coming...

• 4 months later...

DE said that if they do a Warframe that is the Prime Valkyr, she would be different from what we currently have, I wonder how different exactly, not just appearence, but powers as well. She would become a stand alone prime.

Edit:

And OP, I think she would look more like this:

warframe_valkyr_prime__wip_by_n4n0_1805-

So much bling.... seems fitting.

I think is still prefer the version shown by the OP, its just looks farm more regal and elegant which seemed more of the orokins thing. I mean look at the void, so slick and shiny. I also feel it plays better homage to her name, valkyr, which should be assumed to come from the name valkyrie who were more like divine soldiers. Your concept gives off more of a gundam/mecha feel than angelic warrior. 

Anyone else noticed the potential conflict of interest when it comes to the concept of a Valkyr Prime?

With the recently introduced "undamaged" Valkyr skin, we now have a real basis for Valkyr Prime. The skin shows what she looked like before the Corpus cut her up and it makes it official that she allready had the same powerset her series of Warframes have now.

So to create a Valkyr Prime they would just need to pick that premium skin and modify it with the prime style modifications. But ay there's the rub, because the resulting Valkyr Prime would need to look a lot like the Gersemi skin, essentialy having the premium skin on by default.

Since a Valkyr Prime would, by DE's standards for this game, end up being freely obtainable via (grindy but free) gameplay until put in The Vault, while the premium skin would be only obtainable for a short time annualy, it would mean that there would be less reason to actualy obtain the gersemi skin via platinum.

The skin itself would also lose it's unique appearance value since it wouldn't look all that different compared to the prime versions. Since the current selling point of premium skins is radical different yet similar look for Warframes.

Ironical it would make the default appearance more valuable because of how different it would end up looking compared to the prime.

So i really see a conflict of interest for the devs here in how and when they want to make a Valkyr Prime.

Edited by Othergrunty

Anyone else noticed the potential conflict of interest when it comes to the concept of a Valkyr Prime?

With the recently introduced "undamaged" Valkyr skin, we now have a real basis for Valkyr Prime. The skin shows what she looked like before the Corpus cut her up and it makes it official that she allready had the same powerset her series of Warframes have now.

So to create a Valkyr Prime they would just need to pick that premium skin and modify it with the prime style modifications. But ay there's the rub, because the resulting Valkyr Prime would need to look a lot like the Gersemi skin, essentialy having the premium skin on by default.

Since a Valkyr Prime would, by DE's standards for this game, end up being freely obtainable via (grindy but free) gameplay until put in The Vault, while the premium skin would be only obtainable for a short time annualy, it would mean that there would be less reason to actualy obtain the gersemi skin via platinum.

The skin itself would also lose it's unique appearance value since it wouldn't look all that different compared to the prime versions. Since the current selling point of premium skins is radical different yet similar look for Warframes.

Ironical it would make the default appearance more valuable because of how different it would end up looking compared to the prime.

So i really see a conflict of interest for the devs here in how and when they want to make a Valkyr Prime.

Gersemi gives us the basis but there's enough ways to make the Prime skin different from it - notably in the area of the helmet, for Gersemi's is NOT the helmet of the regular Valkyr - that will separate the two. Without doubt Gersemi will be used as a point of reference, but keep in mind that so much blind will be added to it that it will, in many ways, look very much UNLIKE Gersemi.

Similar but not identical, and the differences between them will be plenty cause for people to still purchase it - I also anticipating that Valkyr's Prime'd ability will give a new look and stance to Hysteria, so there's also that.

U aint gonna get priem version you gonna get UMBRA 

Why not both?