Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime?

Spindle99

They will really need to release Lore with her though. And possibly a Quest of some kind.

The players who like Valkyr today, I suspect will want her to stay close to what they are used to, otherwise it is not Valkyr.

I love her, she my angel so i dont mind if she gets angelic powers in her prime version :)

I'm talkin' physical design here, not so much stats. It's a prime so it's armor would DEFINITELY be higher by default, but I was talking about her looking like she was wearing a suit of armor, rather than looking like she's been skinned and has her muscles showing like she does now.

Question is though: when is much armor TOO much armor? It is easy rto overdo it and loose the Valkyr feel.

Elven armor is a great example I think.

Question is though: when is much armor TOO much armor? It is easy rto overdo it and loose the Valkyr feel.

Elven armor is a great example I think.

Aye, as long as it LOOKS like armor - segmentation of it might help there - it can be slim and whatnot. The point I feel is making it clear that "Valkyr once wore this, but it was skinned off of her" apparent, to really hit home how much Alad did to her.

Getting a Valkyr Prime would be awkward, the whole hysteria/Berserker skill set was a result of Alad Vs dissection. Not saying that DE would never do a Valkyr Prime but it would be awkward.

Indeed. A Valkyr Vandal would make much more lore sense, but I don't know why it seems like I'm the only one liking the idea of Valkyr Vandal.

I still also want Dragon Zephyr.

Well i guess DE have 2 options for Valk prime: Either keep her abilities the same and just add some bling-bling and say f@#$ you lore. Or they decide to give us a kinda "pre" valkyr primed (Does it make sense? xd) and change her abilities warcry and hysteria to something else, maybe just tweak them a little bit and change the animations.

Also, if only DE could give us some more lore about her...

No lore needs to be changed. The current broken Valkyr could simply have had her hate-and-pain-fueled strength and motivation be the result of Alad V's torturing twisting her, damaging her, and with that change came a difference in how the abilities manifested - after all, we already know she wasn't built from scratch, no one has the power to build a Warframe from scratch in the modern Warframe Era.

Before Alad got his hand on her, though, (so Undamaged Valkyr and Valklyr Prime) she could have had her abilities - the same abilities - fueled by a different emotion. I'm of the mind that should be a sort of blood-knight battle-lust, she just LOVES to be in a fight and do nothing but fight, with visual changes coming in for her Hysteria - replacing the animal claws with actual weapons forged of energy (I say Baraka-blades) - and her vocal cries being more "HA HA! YES! ANOTHER FIGHT!" dark jubilation at the battle going on around her than "PAIN! AGONY! MY FURY BURNS WITHIN THE CAVERNOUS DEEPS!" that it currently is.

Indeed. A Valkyr Vandal would make much more lore sense, but I don't know why it seems like I'm the only one liking the idea of Valkyr Vandal.

I still also want Dragon Zephyr.

DE said that Valkyr Prime would more likely be an Stand Alone frame OR with Similar abilities, Hysteria would be Energy Swords and a more refined combo. Warcry would sound more like a battle cry instead of the rage infused scream of Megan's, Paralysis same thing as Warcry, Ripline would be a chainblade instead of a "Line".

The animations would be different, but the core would be the same, as Morec0 says: A Blood Knight instead of a Berserker.

And.... Valkyr Vandal? Those are weapons modified by Tenno, as far as we know we cant make more Tenno, we are awakening more of us (new players) and finding those Tenno wearing Warframes (The new Warframes DE gives us).

Vandal so far were event exculsive weapons, making a Warframe an event exclusive would bring a lot of discontent to the community, no matter if we are able to get it again later, it would be Excalibur Prime all over again.

And.... Valkyr Vandal? Those are weapons modified by Tenno, as far as we know we cant make more Tenno, we are awakening more of us (new players) and finding those Tenno wearing Warframes (The new Warframes DE gives us).

Well, we DO have the ability to reclaim and rebuild Warframe classes lost to us if we can find the blueprints - ala Limbo and Mirage. But I do agree that "create a new Warframe from scratch" isn't something that's on our to-do list - if not for "we can't do it" than for some other reason.

Edited by Morec0

Well, we DO have the ability to reclaim and rebuild Warframe classes lost to us if we can find the blueprints - ala Limbo and Mirage. But I do agree that "create a new Warframe from scratch" isn't something that's on our to-do list - if not for "we can't do it" than for some other reason.

I would assume it would involve more of a patch job then making an entire new frame. Removing corpus bits, sealing wounds, and giving a flashy paint job. Throw so lore, comradery (tenno healing a comrade), objectives, and ta-da we have a quest.

The abilities would work the same way but the appearance and names would be different.

Think about it.

^This!!

Also, since Valkyries were angels/warriors, I'm sure all  of her powers will be the same. They'll change Hysteria name to something else but Warcry and Paralyses will remain the same since they have nothing to do with "rage". 

And like a bunch of people already pointed out, Nova Prime broke the order Trinity - Banshee - Saryn, so anything is possible at this point.

Btw, all of this "DE said Valkyr Prime...this and that", makes me think they are already working on her for some near (end of the year) future! I hope so! xD

Edited by (PS4)Artennos

Btw, all of this "DE said Valkyr Prime...this and that", makes me think they are already working on her for some near (end of the year) future! I hope so! xD

This was all around the time when she came out. People questioned what the original would look like, could she be primed, and some questioned if she was corpus made.

DE said that if they do a Warframe that is the Prime Valkyr, she would be different from what we currently have, I wonder how different exactly, not just appearence, but powers as well. She would become a stand alone prime.

Edit:

And OP, I think she would look more like this:

warframe_valkyr_prime__wip_by_n4n0_1805-

So much bling.... seems fitting.

Take my money, my plat, my RNG talisman

I am seeking your council. Is this sufficiently armored?

valkyr_armored_by_gaber111-d8rpd40.jpg

My main inspiration comes from japanese armor and fantasy plating. But given the helmet I think it is important not to stray to far from that design either.

• 5 weeks later...

I would love to see the imagination in this come to life. Valkyr, wouldn't be that much different in powers really. The codex says that she was captured and tortured. Her current self was an experimentation of implementing corpus tech over-top of a Warframe. She was stripped and rebuilt. I believe that her shields would be buffed a small amount and we would see what her Warframe looked like before it was torn apart. Everything has an origin which is why I don't believe her name or powers would change because it said the "Original Valkyr" implying that her frame already existed and was captured. Also, considering she's a mix-mash of Orokin and corpus tech, the original Orokin design would be more powerful. 

Then there is the OP argument. Valkyr is in no way OP. Invulnerable as she may be, she has no crowd control moves and is mostly melee based. She's good for close combat, traversing terrain, and helping your team mates out in times of struggle. Not to mention her tankness makes her great for solo missions. That being said, she is my second favorite frame for when I just feel like beating the ever-loving S#&$ out of something whilst not being squishy. If they decide to prime her, it would make my day. 

valkyries ARE angels of norse mythology, angels of the battlefield. so its actually quite fitting, this is a very good reprisentaion of what she might look like pre-alad v.

ive actually spoke directly with steve about this. she will be primed. it'll just be the pre-alad v version of her.

that doesn't look anything like a Norse-inspired design, it looks like a "kawaii-golden-kitty-onee-chan" (i think i puked a little inside my mouth, brb) 

first we'll have trinity, saryn or banshee i guess, they were here before valkyr update

But yea valkyr prime would be nice :3

Just like how nova was here before all of them right?... RIGHT?!?

Anyway I'd love to see Valkyrie prime. My go to frame when I feel like chopping people up with dual ichors.

DE said that if they do a Warframe that is the Prime Valkyr, she would be different from what we currently have, I wonder how different exactly, not just appearence, but powers as well. She would become a stand alone prime.

Are you sure that's what they said?

I would love to see valkyr prime being a different take on the whole berzerker thing (probably a more honorable version, with dual energy swords instead of claws :D) It would be lame if she had the same abilities, I wouldn't mind one stand alone frame, though, and I hope if DE makes her one, she would be an alternate post-alad valk, not a valk 100% upgrade. (she should be different and a little better, but not 100% better in every way)

first we'll have trinity, saryn or banshee i guess, they were here before valkyr update

But yea valkyr prime would be nice :3

Nova was added in U9, after both Saryn and Banshee who were added in U7 (cant remember what update Trinity was added) and yet she got Primed before the other 3, so Its more a case of which frame does DE want to Prime next over "this frame came out first we must prime it next".

I personally would love to see Valkyr Prime, especially since we get to see her pre corpus torture appearance soon.

Edited by Nova73