Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Map Is Way Too Big

Llyssa

Playing the new map(derelict/orokin combo one), it takes about a full minute of coptering to return the cephalon to your base from the enemy side.

That's not really that exciting for starters.

Plus, the hall is nice and wide--good width, really, but at that length, 4 on 4 means the map is virtually empty at all times.

If we had other ways to speed along, or larger teams, then the map size wouldn't be so bad.

As-is, it's big, empty, and generally awkward.

Plus, one lucky shot undoes a minute worth of work.

The games I've had there are, predictably, very low scoring(my last was 2:1), and other players are reporting the same. This means you're usually stuck the whole 15 minutes...

in this big...

empty

map.

There's nothing exciting about that.

It's not really something to look forward to at all.

Yep it's too big, even with full teams on both sides.

Even with the coptering, you'll have difficulty in finding enemies if you don't know where to look exactly.

Last time I played, the other team decided to let ours win so we can change maps.

been made with movement 2.0 in mind dont forget

Parkour 2.0 will feature new Distance gap killeer way more eficient than coptering...

right?

Even if there's some crazy super speed abilities for parkour 2.0, the size of the map is near to an archwing arena, but with only 4 enemies, none of whom are visible on the radar.

Certain regions in the new map like the sewers give me some ridiculous drop in FPS, i can go from a average 30-40 FPS to 15 frames. So i'm forced to avoid that region at all cost. Anyone else experiencing this?

The map itself? I love it, but it's not for CTF atleast 4 vs 4, it's waay to big for so little players, half of the time i'm looking for players than avoiding them.

been made with movement 2.0 in mind dont forget

Parkour 2.0 will feature new Distance gap killeer way more eficient than coptering...

right?

Doubt it. It will probably be more like parkour is brought to the speed of coptering (inb4 people complain about people who parkour being to hard to shoot at) and coptering will be slower meaning that the speed of the game is still the same or coptering will be slower than parkour but parkour is still the same speed as it is now meaning the game's speed is lower (and also probably means I will quit if the speed becomes any slower than it is now).

It's "too big" for pug games. Maybe in an organize team game where everyone has voice chat, this map would actually be fun. But in a public game where the best organizaiton you can hope for is some defense and some offense (as opposed to all eggs in one basket), this map isn't so great.

Often I rush to enemy spawn, 3 enemies camping there (so 1 guy trying to capture). Regardless of how the fight ends, I'll spawn back in base before any of those 3 players even cross the half-way line and am ablet o defend my cephalon. So far I've played on that map 5 times and each time the timer goes to 15 minutes. Furthremore kill score is really low so not a lot of fun was had in those 15 minutes.

It's "too big" for pug games. Maybe in an organize team game where everyone has voice chat, this map would actually be fun. But in a public game where the best organizaiton you can hope for is some defense and some offense (as opposed to all eggs in one basket), this map isn't so great.

Often I rush to enemy spawn, 3 enemies camping there (so 1 guy trying to capture). Regardless of how the fight ends, I'll spawn back in base before any of those 3 players even cross the half-way line and am ablet o defend my cephalon. So far I've played on that map 5 times and each time the timer goes to 15 minutes. Furthremore kill score is really low so not a lot of fun was had in those 15 minutes.

Even with voice-chat coordination, the map is so vast you'd rarely see any enemies. It would just be simpler to summon support for when you do.

i just played there, and i know where to find enemies, they are either in my base or at theirs, if they arent in any of those places i can just proceed to capture which suppossedly is the main objective of the game, if they are waiting somewhere else they have like 75% chances to not notice me if they are busy shooting some other guy, if you are looking for personal encounters you will hardly get them in that map unless all the players are actually trying to stop/score captures, and that, sadly, is an unnefficient thing to do because of the low standing granted for captures

capturing should give a lot of standing for the entire team, i think its just rewarding the players who captured or giving a small share to the team in the best case

Edited by rockscl

• 1 month later...

I fear that Parkour 2.0 wont help much. The trouble is that only 2 points in this map matter and you dont see other players except around your or the opponents base. Its simply boring.

Why bump this thread? this thread is almost 1 month old. >.>