Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion: Is Oberon In A Good Position?

izzatuw

Ever heard of diversity?

Edit: Energy Restores + Oberon.

There's no reason to use energy restores if there's a Trinity.

If you want to be healed Trinity is the best option.

Oberon excels at nothing, and if you want to get the job done people just use other frames.

Oberon is just used for fun when you're bored with other frames.

I like playing him. I'd just echo what other people have said. Renewal is way too laggy and limited. Its easier to use life strike or winds of purity for self healing and for team healing its just bad. When I play Trinity I often barely have time to use my global heal before someone is bursted down.Renewal is very laggy and not a burst heal so it just doesn't work.

I think the rest of his skills are really good and with the right mods he can spam a lot of CC and status protection. He is tanky enough to use melee with and have fun until high level content. I don't think high level content is balanced in a fun way anyway so it doesn't bother me much.

I also think he looks really cool. :)

Trinity can't clear procs and keep CC off her teammates. Oberon isn't a dedicated healer, he's more of a well-rounded support frame.

But really, who cares that much about status effects and crowd control when there is a Warframe that can grant damage reduction (i.e.: Even when hit with a crowd control effect, at least the damage taken while getting up would be low) + replenish energy to everyone within range in case of a Magnetic status effect?

Just saying. 

There's no reason to use energy restores if there's a Trinity.

If you want to be healed Trinity is the best option.

Oberon excels at nothing, and if you want to get the job done people just use other frames.

Oberon is just used for fun when you're bored with other frames.

Like there's no point in using Rhino, Mirage, Mesa if there's a Nova and Loki right? Afaik Oberon's the only frame with innate radiation next to Nyx which has Chaos which is generally a reskin of radiation. Is their another frame who can remove procs as well? I don't think Trinity does that. Does she? I've used Trinity a lot and she does not the last time I used her. I mean, why use Nekros if there's a Pilfering Swarm Hydroid? So again, heard of diversity?

But really, who cares that much about status effects and crowd control when there is a Warframe that can grant damage reduction (i.e.: Even when hit with a crowd control effect, at least the damage taken while getting up would be low) + replenish energy to everyone within range in case of a Magnetic status effect?

Just saying.

But what if it was the Trinity herself that somehow got proc'd? Or energy drained? An Oberon could stop both of those not only for himself but for his teammates.

But what if it was the Trinity herself that somehow got proc'd? Or energy drained? An Oberon could stop both of those not only for himself but for his teammates.

None of the Warframes can stop an Energy Drain Eximus's aura, for one (except for killing that enemy). 

And last time I checked, he can only stop them by casting a stationary carpet, and then having to stand on there (and maybe Renewal, if he or the other team members has full health). So, half a point towards Oberon, but Trinity still wins overall in the healing department. 

None of the Warframes can stop an Energy Drain Eximus's aura, for one (except for killing that enemy).

And last time I checked, he can only stop them by casting a stationary carpet, and then having to stand on there (and maybe Renewal, if he or the other team members has full health). So, half a point towards Oberon, but Trinity still wins overall in the healing department.

But if he were to be compared only to himself?

I suppose my only complaints regarding Oberon would be:

-Other than Status immunity, Hallowed Ground doesn't seem to be good for much else. The damage isn't that impressive, it's rather small even when building for range, and personally I've never seen it proc Radiation. I can live with the damage as it is, but I wouldn't mind seeing improved range or status chance.

-Not a terrible fan of Renewal being changed to a toggle ability, mainly because it always seems to run longer than I want it to and when I do try to deactivate it manually it conveniently stops, so I end up wasting the energy on a second cast. Not a major issue, but still a bit annoying.

-I'm not really a fan of the "Radial Press 4 to Win" ultimates, so Oberon's just feels lackluster to me. I suppose the health generation and Radiation effect do make it a bit more useful than similar ults, but it's still pretty uninteresting overall.

But these are fairly minor issues for a pretty well balanced and fun frame to use. I'd go so far as to say he's one of my personal favorites next to Loki and Banshee, and while his 2 and 4 could use a bit more "pizazz" he's most definitely in a good spot compared to many other frames, and is in no way in desperate or immediate need of an overhaul.

How would that achieve anything?

That is like comparing whether a mechanical pencil is good for writing by comparing it with itself (or another, but same, mechanical pencil).

Let me rephrase. What if we only looked at Oberon himself? Not compare him to everyone and everything.

Because the primary discussion is Oberon. If he himself can do good. If say we compare Rhino with everyone why ever use Rhino when there's much better CC? Why use Zephyr when there's Volt?

Edit: I already stated that Oberon should be considered an immobile frame while Trinity is the more mobile one.

Edited by izzatuw

Let me rephrase. What if we only looked at Oberon himself? Not compare him to everyone and everything.

When you ask if something is in a good position, that will be asking if something is good relative to something. 

For instance, if you ask if Sony's PS4 is in a good position, that will also be asking for comparisons, because "good position" is not absolute. It has to be relative to something else, and not itself, because that just means we are comparing an apple to the same apple. 

In short, you cannot compare Oberon to Oberon; you can say what can Oberon offer, but to see if he can offer anything good, comparisons have to be drawn. 

When you ask if something is in a good position, that will be asking if something is good relative to something. 

For instance, if you ask if Sony's PS4 is in a good position, that will also be asking for comparisons, because "good position" is not absolute. It has to be relative to something else, and not itself, because that just means we are comparing an apple to the same apple. 

In short, you cannot compare Oberon to Oberon; you can say what can Oberon offer, but to see if he can offer anything good, comparisons have to be drawn. 

/thread

Oberon is a good frame...you can basically bring him in t4 survival, his potential shine the most when fighting hords of stinky green fume spamming infested...he is too good in pvp that de have to remove him from the new pvp

I suppose.

I really like him, but skill 3 and skill 4 are both too slow.

So natural talent is a must.

Still under-powered imo.

Imo Most of Nekros's moves are still way too slow. They are 3rd and 4th abilities so it's natural for them to be slower than 1st and 2nd.

I always liked Oberon from the moment I built him, since the buff I've frequently found myself carrying the team through tough situations.

For me personally he shines in Nightmare missions, just did one for an alert yesterday and his skills were much appreciated.