Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would Y'all Feel About A Classic Survival?

YepShesDead

I'd like it to be like Resident Evil's Survival Mode except instead of breaking Hourglass for time we break the enemy's important tech for time so that they will focus more on us then the Lone Operative.

Running out of Air shouldn't be a threat for Space Ninjas.

+1

i would like that, a lot actually.

main reason why i don't play survival a lot, is that i always feel like RNG will decide if i will succeed staying alive because the air capsules drops.

and its probably the reason i love excavation so much. if we failed to protect an excavator, we will just continue to the next one...

"The Tenno's last stand"

I like that. And for those of you raising objections to this game mode, I dare you to play Escalation in War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron. That was a good survival mode, with intense gameplay and nice mechanics. Sure as hell beats relying on RNG to get the oxygen you need to carry on.

I'd love a wave based arena with every wave spawning a boss. No objectives other than not die. Actually, I'd even prefer capped say 33 wave arena with rewards based on your performance. Actually scratch that, make number of waves depend on combined mastery rank of all players.

That would just encourage elitism in the higher MRs, not that we are beginning to see an abundance of it already

Title says it all: How would you all take to an alternative to the survivals we have now? The good old classic kind. How long can you withstand these masses of hoardes; no life support worries, no time limits, just surviving until you are so overwhelmed you question why you and whoever you're with were foolish enough to stay.

But classic warframe survival had life support, at least in the survival event, the mission just ended when you ran out, i think

You could take 4 vlakyrs, and you last forever

The current Survivals have the objective of distracting enemy forces while an ally raids the area for loot. The Tenno don't just kill for no reason.

Thus, it would make more sense to, say, integrate this into the Simulacrum or some other "training" area in the Relay or Dojo. That way it's as if the Tenno are voluntarily testing their limits against virtualized enemies, without doing unnecesary harm. No loot rewarded for this, but just bragging rights.

"Tenno dont kill without reason" Except everytime we enter the void for raid it or exterminate missions. But sure.

I believe that the reason DE implemented the draining life support bar is to prevent cheap chokepoint camping by forcing players to constantly move. A regular survival mission would encourage camping behaviors. Take, for example, the sewers in the Void.

Well that didnt work now did it?

It is survival, the whole point is to last as long as possible.

These 'exploits' people are complaining about such as hiding or camping are actually valid tactics, you do what you need to do to survive and that is the point.

It is all about how long you can survive and if you don't like it then don't do it but if others want to do this in a PVE game where it will not affect you at all then we should let them because at the end of the day the mobs will get stronger overtime and OHK outright at somepoint.

A survival mode where infested spawn around you in greater and greater numbers if you try to camp would work.

Infested wouldn't be the main faction you fight, they would be the punishment for not moving.

Edited by Spindle99

The oxygen is there to prevent people from getting in places unreachable by the enemies and keep on going 24/7.

It's funny because with the powers the Tenno's have, you can still just camp at one place 24/7. The Oxygen isn't even a threat.

But yes, I'd like a survival mission where it's all about surviving the waves and not running errands.

However, instead of time based, I'd prefer it to be kill-based. Basically, the more you kill, the higher the enemy level becomes.

And after each set of kills, you'd get a reward. Let's say a reward for every 100 enemies killed. This means that you'll be getting rewards really fast in the beginning but it will drastially slow down after a while due to high level enemies.

Also, we'd need a smarted AI to keep things interesting.

Basically, if the enemies notice that you're camping at one place, unreachable to them due to the location of that place or the Tenno's powers (e.g. Bastile), they'll no longer approach you and wait in silence, out of the power reach, untill everyone has left the camping spot. Also, they'll request an airstrike to nuke that place, insta killing everyone that didn't leave the spot after a 10 seconds countdown.

It is survival, the whole point is to last as long as possible.

These 'exploits' people are complaining about such as hiding or camping are actually valid tactics, you do what you need to do to survive and that is the point.

It is all about how long you can survive and if you don't like it then don't do it but if others want to do this in a PVE game where it will not affect you at all then we should let them because at the end of the day the mobs will get stronger overtime and OHK outright at somepoint.

All of this and a half. Whether rewards are added or not to this hypothetical gamemode, if you're not going to get very much from it in the first place, I cannot fathom why you would even go. "For the leaderboards" is actually a pretty sad reason, IMO.

Also, with the idea of what a few others in the thread have said, a coliseum or rounded type of map is a great idea for this type of endless. Given that there will need to be some (read: a ton) of cover in the map, it'll defnitely eliminate any worries of "camping" or hiding in inaccessible places. 

Title says it all: How would you all take to an alternative to the survivals we have now? The good old classic kind. How long can you withstand these masses of hoardes; no life support worries, no time limits, just surviving until you are so overwhelmed you question why you and whoever you're with were foolish enough to stay.

Edit: Maybe to counter possible exploits, have it that you have to kill a certain amount of enemies within a set amount of time to avoid hiding from mobs (although what the point of this would even be, I have no idea). And while I'm perfectly fine with a mode like this not giving rewards, perhaps after ten minutes, rather than five, you get a prime piece or a bundle of cores.

Simple solution: Not timed -- just hordes of enemies there for slaughter and their drops. No by-time rewards, so camping somewhere where the enemies can't find you literally does you no good.

Well that would be a real survival , I don't like the current one we have right now... , maybe eventually play it with really dark area...

but somehow I think DE won't do that move for two reason : 

- Obvious one : the amount of ennemy + drop (Warframe withouth the grind you can dream)

- Lag factor , warframe can't handle more than 2 ennemy in the same zone 

Survival currently has Life Support, 'wave' like Spawns and a Timer because the sort of Survival you're talking about is extremely exploitable.

therefore this was chosen instead.

Yeah unfortunately.

Remember back then when they were testing survival and then 2 rhinos, a frost,  and a trinity got up to 1-3hrs.

Back then we weren't as overpowered either and we didn't have corrupt mods~

-snip-

Survival Event?

boy have i got some NIGHTMARISH Screenshots to remind you.

7ipkiAp.png

TONzDWr.png

la2Jt9p.png

THE PAIN

MY EYES

Running out of Air shouldn't be a threat for Space Ninjas.

so basically, a lot of people would be happy if we just renamed Life Support to space time.

because they're just time extenders.