Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, About Dat Killing Floor 2

Quiet_Time1

So, I've been playing a lot of KF2 recently, and I love it, its like so great, lacks a few things, but its alright, because its EA

So for all of you who have played KF2, what do you love about it, and what do you dislike about this newer version? 

What I like, is the gore, the gore is just, amazing

KF2-screenshot15_KatanaUber.jpg

And i love the DOSH PHYSICS!

tBIjgpb.jpg

One this I dont like as much would have to be the new Fleshpound's voice , the original Killing Floor Fleshpound's voice was just way more badass

KF Fleshpound

KF2 Fleshpound

So what do you all dislike/like about kf2?

Edited by Amethyst.zero

Dislike the lack of Beginner difficulty. I like that there is more/better scaling this time around. Actually was playing on a private server for a time that had completely removed the level cap from the various perks, although I didn't play it very long,  so I didn't find out how the leveling is at lvl100+.

I am enjoying the updated graphics and homing heal darts heavily. The ability to regenerate armor this time around looks promising. I also look forward to see what new perks are added. Kinda bummed that the Katana is (supposedly) a Firebug weapon, but oh well.

Commando as designated marksman looks promising. Don't know how long it will take to level up high enough to get those skills though, and I'm trying to fight the "grind to the top" mentality I'd developed from playing MMOs. Trying to just enjoy the ride and treat the perks like a treat, but it's tough.

On the plus side, I solo'd 7/10 waves solo before people joined as Field Medic, so there's that. Felt danger all around as I played, and one mistake would spell my end, so had quite the feeling of accomplishment when I got done, and was mildly disappointed that those new players (finally) spawned. Took a look at the server list, and half the servers had only a handful of people in them. Think their matchmaker is a little bugged, but meh.

Still, I'm finding myself playing that a fair bit more than Warfarm, so there's that.

In a sentence: I love its gameplay, but hate its current balance.

Trash zeds have been nerfed in both damage and spawn count, Zerker has been nerfed into uselessness, Combat Medics are better than pure healing Medics, Scrakes are a bigger threat than FPs, far too many filler perk skills that are practically useless (ie most of the Zerker's skills), welding has been nerfed so hard there's no point in doing it, still no SS or Demo perk.  It's all out of whack, and needs some major fixes.

The lack of a proper voice command system, with all the options we had in KF1, is also upsetting.  The radial menu is clearly designed for a controller, and it has so few options compared to the old system that I find it better to just type quickly in chat instead of using it.

If they can fix all that up, it will surpass its predecessor as a game worth spending hundreds of hours playing.

-snip-

You are very misinformed, and no offense, but casual too. 

Katana is going to be for the new "Dragon" class.

There is no regenerating armor, the only way to get armor for free (aside from finding it) is to use a skill the medic has, and even that sucks. You get 2 armor per healing tick, but you need to able to be healed to get that armor. 

Commando actually isnt designated marksman either. I guess right now he is, but we are getting the marksman perk back at some point. 

As for OP, im loving the holy heck out of it. Ive been playing it almost non stop since last week. Got my support and medic up to 20 (via kf-testingmap) and I gotta say, im loving the support 15 skill of increased reload speed. Medic is pretty OP at 20 too. Loving that perk as well.  I got my zerker up to 15 and am loving it. Just pretty squishy against higher difficulty FPs and SCs.

Edited by armedpoop

-snip-

I still feel like FPs are the bigger threat considering the fact that if you have Scrake aggro, you can effectively disable them via staying the blind spot. (Though I suspect a patch on that). The Zerker skills need a real change, cause they are all pretty much pathetic. He shouldnt be able to be grabbed by clots automatically like in the 1st one. 

I've only really played support and medic and am really enjoying the game.

As far as I can tell there are more classes coming later one (I hope at least) as well as a bunch more weapons (Given that some tabs have no weapons in them)

Berserker is broken in that, proper circlestrafe tactics render pretty much any single zed impotent, to the point that the class needs to be fixed.

Apart from that I have no real complaints.

So nobody is going to complain about the fact on how you can weld a wooden door? 

You could do that in the first game as well.

My complaints are all what Katakuna said.

With special focus on the medic class.

To me, Combat Medics are the worst thing ever. Well, at least ones who don't bother with healing at all.

See even when I reached rank 6 on the Medic class in the first game, I still always took the health of my team-mates more seriously than anything else.

Edited by TheErebus.

LOVE IT best game to release in the past 2 years for me xD

graphics are sooo pretty, the blood is so gory, i cant wait for more updates

least thing i hate is how i can't play on ultra with out a hint of lag even though my geforce says i can play on ultra

I've only really played support and medic and am really enjoying the game.

As far as I can tell there are more classes coming later one (I hope at least) as well as a bunch more weapons (Given that some tabs have no weapons in them)

Berserker is broken in that, proper circlestrafe tactics render pretty much any single zed impotent, to the point that the class needs to be fixed.

Apart from that I have no real complaints.

its not just zerker that can do the circle strafe thing. 

i'm liking it as a start. there's obviously a considerable amount missing, but what is there, is a good start.

obviously i'm disappoint at the lack of Weapons atm, and that makes it less interesting than i'd like it to be.

my biggest complaint currently is when Clots grab you, your camera spins around at like, mach 75. it's very disorienting and jarring. it just spins too fast. i actually was fine with the way Killing Floor did it, it didn't f... with my Camera.

the Camera feels wrong. even with the FoV as high as it goes, something feels wrong. i think the guns are just too 'close' to the Camera, making the screen feel claustrophobic.

welding doors isn't... particularly useful. the door not respawning between waves, i can sort've understand that as in Killing Floor it was a silly effective strategy to have someone(s) keep an eye on a door and create a single avenue bottleneck for easymode.

but it still doesn't feel very useful.

a bit of a more minor, but still annoying concern - is that the Zombies (if someone wants to get whiney that i didn't say Zeds, they're the same thing, i'm well aware of the 'story' - it's a renamed Zombie, shut up) are constantly trying to surround you.

i get that this is expected to happen normally, but the fact that they seem to take routes to the Player to have maximum surrounding is meh at times.

as if the randomness of Spawns results in the Enemies spawning in front of me getting quite thick as to where i'd like to avoid going head on into that, then you can quickly get surrounded by two large clumps - all based on basically RNG, rather than Player failure.

- - - - -

i'm ridiculously glad that Medics can actually shoot things though. in Kiling Floor the Medic was always a jerk, because to level up the fastest, wait for your buddies to get hit, then Heal them. don't shoot anything, that way there's a higher Chance they get hit.

so being able to shoot things without feeling like you're wasting your time is very good.

(lol @ complaint that Combat Medic is better than Medic - you ARE a Combat Medic - you Heal yourself and your buddies, but you also actually participate in the Combat too)

the current Boss is... different. certainly a nice change from the Patriarch, i was never particularly fond of that p...y f...er. going invisible and running away when you deal Damage. *something something get back here you little s...*

and also nice that since it isn't the Patriarch, doesn't have that 'twirl around' generic bland POS attack that is a random instadeath. god i hate cliche's from traditional MMO's being added into games. (i.e. the cliche 'Warrior' spin attack that is the end of the imagination of garbage Developers that are making a copy paste game)

this Boss is also interesting, a German scientist type person, who has what looks suspiciously like Mustard Gas Grenades.

AR-15 Varmint Rifle. sigh.

9x19 Chambered AR-15. i know this is in the game because it's one of the few Weapons that you can actually legally get in the UK as a Civilian. but it's:

- not satisfying to use

- just overall kind've arse

'checking Ammo' is really nice. i like the look of it. gives some more personality to the Weapons.

oh, and Reloading actually makes freaking sense. saving Mags when they're not empty rather than throwing them on the ground and having them teleport into your pockets. i'm very glad for this.

they still magically combine spare rounds in your pocket, but i understand as not a Gun Sperg game that i can't expect that to be a thing, this is an Action game, not a Survival Simulator.

Fleshpound Quotes

oh, FleshPounds in Killing Floor actually say things?

d'oh. too busy shooting, always assumed it was just random edgey growly garble.

Kinda bummed that the Katana is (supposedly) a Firebug weapon, but oh well.

it's almost completely confirmed that there will be atleast two Melee Classes. and the Katana is for the one that isn't Berserker.

(lol @ complaint that Combat Medic is better than Medic - you ARE a Combat Medic - you Heal yourself and your buddies, but you also actually participate in the Combat too)

When shooting things is more effective than actually being a medic and heal others, then you're a commando. Simple as that.

And I've been seeing quite a lot of combat oriented medics rather than actual support medics.

When shooting things is more effective than actually being a medic and heal others, then you're a commando. Simple as that.

And I've been seeing quite a lot of combat oriented medics rather than actual support medics.

Except medic guns are statistically weaker than both support (medic shotty) and commando guns. The support shotty is nice because its the only other shotty with a clip, but its really weak. 

that's a statistical balance issue.

a Medic not needing to be a Jerk and do nothing but stare at Health bars and stab people when they go down though - is very good.

the Medic being able to participate in Combat without it being gimping himself is important.

making Healing more effective than shooting random mooks for XP points is a small balance adjustment.

it's just important that the Medic also gets something for actually playing the game too.

that's a statistical balance issue.

a Medic not needing to be a Jerk and do nothing but stare at Health bars and stab people when they go down though - is very good.

the Medic being able to participate in Combat without it being gimping himself is important.

making Healing more effective than shooting random mooks for XP points is a small balance adjustment.

it's just important that the Medic also gets something for actually playing the game too.

I agree, but again, when combat is more effective than healing you are not a combat medic. You're a commando.

Also the hell is with this medics being a "jerk" thing. You are labelling them as jerks for doing what they're supposed to do. Heal your wounds. What sense does that make?

Also, no, a medic in KF did not just stand around and do nothing till you get hit. I don't know who you played with, but in every public game that I played in we had medics both kill and heal. 

Also the hell is with this medics being a "jerk" thing. You are labelling them as jerks for doing what they're supposed to do. Heal your wounds. What sense does that make?

Also, no, a medic in KF did not just stand around and do nothing till you get hit. I don't know who you played with, but in every public game that I played in we had medics both kill and heal.

the statistically most effective method of leveling being only Healing, so you want your buddies to take as much Damage as possible, but not quite die.

Players generally didn't do that, but you most certainly don't want to encourage that sort of thing!!

not to mention that if you played Solo, you literally could not level up Medic.

the statistically most effective method of leveling being only Healing, so you want your buddies to take as much Damage as possible, but not quite die.

Players generally didn't do that, but you most certainly don't want to encourage that sort of thing!!

not to mention that if you played Solo, you literally could not level up Medic.

I don't wanna encourage it, as I wouldn't for any other game.

But just because it's the most effective, does not mean it's what is the fun way to do it. The ones who do that aren't playing the game at all, they're just wasting time.

Yeah no, the solo part was BS. I do miss the MP7M though...it was my favorite weapon.

I do miss the MP7M though...it was my favorite weapon.

oh yeah, the MP7 was awesome.

freaking Headshot machine.

oddly enough, i found the MP5 to be terrible IMO.

and that space gun, the M7A3 was alright. the heavier rounds was nice, though it never felt quite right. even on lower Difficulties, you couldn't pop the Heads of trash Mobs with a single shot. i always felt like it should be able to.

definitely enjoyed using the Kriss/ Vector Super V though. it also happened to be a bit of a Meta Weapon, but i liked it before i even used it once just because of what Weapon it is.

Edited by taiiat

oh yeah, the MP7 was awesome.

freaking Headshot machine.

oddly enough, i found the MP5 to be terrible IMO.

and that space gun, the M7A3 was alright. the heavier rounds was nice, though it never felt quite right. even on lower Difficulties, you couldn't pop the Heads of trash Mobs with a single shot. i always felt like it should be able to.

The mod version of the M7A3 had better animation and felt a lot more powerful than the official one. 

MP5 was decent, it was basically a slower version of the MP7M

-snip-

speaking of more powerful things, i cry that the Hunting Rifle never made it in. felt like the type of Weapon that the game was begging for. not quite as powerful as the Crossbow or that silly .50BMG, but also could get follow up shots much easier.

it felt good to me, something between the M14 / Laser Musket and Crossbow / .50BMG.

but alas.

Take the regen armour perk and the Armour buff perk as medic

Get the Medic Assault Rifle

Proceed to keep your entire team full armour and full HP forever

It is literally the best possible medic build available, so I have no clue what you guys are moaning about with this combat medic crap, are you whining that the medic on your team is getting kills?

TOO BAD