Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spider On Your Leg

Do you guys ever get the feeling that you have something crawling on your leg and you reach down but nothing is there? Then it happens again a few seconds later and you start to flip out?\

I'm asking because now I am tempted to shave my leg hair as it is getting really bad and starting to freak me out.

DISCUSS

Put it this way, the one time I have actually been bitten by a spider on my leg, I never felt it.

See, I freak out because I'm one of those people who can feel when ticks and stuff are crawling on them and it tends to make me super nervous. 

1 - the hair on your body is there for that exact reason. you want to have it, it's a lot of sensory information there.

2 - if a Spider was crawling on your leg, get a piece of paper or something, scoot it onto it, and then find a nice quiet corner where it can be an awesome buddy and Kill more annoying Insects for you.

That's just how leg hair do.

Happens whenever I transition from long pants to shorts for the spring/summer. Going outside a bit and just sticking it out is the best way to get used to it.

2 - if a Spider was crawling on your leg, get a piece of paper or something, scoot it onto it, and then find a nice quiet corner where it can be an awesome buddy and Kill more annoying Insects for you.

2a - In the event that the spider is not a spiderbro and happens to be a brown recluse, you kick your leg as hard as you can to get it off. Brown recluses are not spiderbros. They exist for the sole purpose of biting you and necrotizing your flesh. Like a more dangerous version of a wasp, who really just exist to mess up your day.

I often let small, non-threatening spiders crawl around on me for fun, so it doesn't much matter to me whether I think there's one on my leg or not.
However, if I looked down and saw a black widow, tarantula, or anything from Australia, I probably would freak the F*** out.

As for shaving, a mosquito once tried to bite my leg and got strangled by my leg hair, so I will never shave my legs as the hair doubles as natural self-defense.

2a - In the event that the spider is not a spiderbro and happens to be a brown recluse, you kick your leg as hard as you can to get it off. Brown recluses are not spiderbros. They exist for the sole purpose of biting you and necrotizing your flesh. Like a more dangerous version of a wasp, who really just exist to mess up your day.

2b - It's a black widow. Either kill it fast, get it off fast, or pain.

I remember once feeling something on my shoulder and seeing a black widow. Oh god, how much I was freaking out.

Edited by ArcariusAero

I often let small, non-threatening spiders crawl around on me for fun, so it doesn't much matter to me whether I think there's one on my leg or not.

However, if I looked down and saw a black widow, tarantula, or anything from Australia, I probably would freak the F*** out.

As for shaving, a mosquito once tried to bite my leg and got strangled by my leg hair, so I will never shave my legs as the hair doubles as natural self-defense.

OH S#&$ THERE'S A KANGAROO ON MY LEG. GIT IT OFF!

That's just how leg hair do.

Happens whenever I transition from long pants to shorts for the spring/summer. Going outside a bit and just sticking it out is the best way to get used to it.

Yes.. This is true.. I have had a black widow on my leg before and this is one of the reasons I am so nervous.

2b - It's a black widow. Either kill it fast, get it off fast, or pain.

I remember once feeling something on my shoulder and seeing a black widow. Oh god, how much I was freaking out.

This must've been fun

That's why I like Canada

No threat!

Do you guys ever get the feeling that you have something crawling on your leg and you reach down but nothing is there? Then it happens again a few seconds later and you start to flip out?\

I'm asking because now I am tempted to shave my leg hair as it is getting really bad and starting to freak me out.

DISCUSS

Hell no, this is DISCUSSting, not talking about your hairs.

I've always seen arachnophobia as a bit irrational, especially with the amount of people that have it. It's just spiders (and scorpions and a few other things) most of them can't hurt you, unless you make it hostile, then it probably has a reason for attacking you.

My guide to spiders:

Is it a biting spider? : Yes: To oblivion with it!!!

No: Is it fearsome looking? Yes: Pick it up with something, put it outside.

No: Pick it up with your hand and put it outside.

Simple.