The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arid Eviscerator Is Done...

Gelkor

2.59% right now, looks like its going to take a several months to finish this one.....

Pretty sure everyone lost their groove to scan things once they found out that just because you scan things, and get things done as soon as you can, it doesn't matter because the actual lore will just be hidden behind a time wall anyway.

So...

Dude, where's my lore?

So im not the only one experiencing this, the lore for arid excavator isnt up yet?

wv8YJXC.jpg

Finished the scans this weekend, noticed the processing as well. Poked around with dev and looks like this processing will be complete next week or so, for people looking for a timeline.

Problem is this time the target is locked behind a key wall, and I don't think everyone is willing to farm/spend theirs.

Here's hoping this one has some VERY juicy lore.

I mean, it's Infested AND Corrupted! What's not to love!?

No amount of motivational threads from me can motivate the Tenno now. =(

*pats head*

Here's hoping this one has some VERY juicy lore.

Didn't I see somewhere that Ancients are supposed to be what's left of an plant that was infested? 

Couldn't you see this ending terribly? 

Gurgle, gurgle. 

Ah, the fresh water pouring over my roots.  The sunshine.  All so wonderful. . .

Knock on wood?  No pun intended. 

Didn't I see somewhere that Ancients are supposed to be what's left of an plant that was infested? 

Couldn't you see this ending terribly? 

Gurgle, gurgle. 

Ah, the fresh water pouring over my roots.  The sunshine.  All so wonderful. . .

Knock on wood?  No pun intended. 

Dunno, don't think so though. They have a human skull in their model.

No amount of motivational threads from me can motivate the Tenno now. =(

Pretty much, Zarozian.

This target will take ages as it has lots of reasons that won't push players to scan mixed all together :

- it's behind a key wall

- tileset is huge and full of dead ends

- we don't even have the lore for previous target

- effort has been proven to be less than poorly rewarded

- the % speed is so low that makes you think your scans won't matter

- the fear of not getting the lore at the end is real

I already did my scans and then I hosted a few keys to push clanmates do their, but after a week like this even I won't have that many keys to burn.

It's a shame, the target seems perfect, I couldn't wait to read this piece of lore, probably the one I'm more interested in between the ones we had so far.

You mean the skinless head gib thing that seems to drop from anything, or something else I'm not aware of?

No I mean like an actual legit skull shape coming out of the side of their head. There's at least one image of it out there, somewhere, I'll try to find it and post it.

http://i.imgur.com/qTZ6fCc.jpg

Here's one. It's broken in half, but it's there. There's a clearer one out there somewhere, though.

Edited by Morec0

What part of a skull?  What I'm seeing looks like an hear hole like on a marine mammal and some reptiles. 

The face, mostly the eyehole.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/91/54/36/91543680ce92e6c02d871118a7781bd5.jpg

Mentally break that so it's now centered along the left eye and the similarity is shocking.

What could be worse?

Let's look at it like this - Sending us to scan corrpupted bombards could be worse.

And don't come up with the stalker... that's not gonna happen... and the damn stalker already has his lore.

All we need now is a Harvester Codex entry, heh.

I'm gonna guess it's gonna have to do something with the infested's hive mind trying to take over the void but have failed causing them to lose their minds even more in the void. A succeeded plan would be orokin derelict missions.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/91/54/36/91543680ce92e6c02d871118a7781bd5.jpg

Mentally break that so it's now centered along the left eye and the similarity is shocking.

I don't see it. Actually, now that I think of it, the general shape reminds me of a human lower dental arch in upper view, but that's already too much of a stretch for me. I suddenly feel the urge to dissect one of these Ancients now, eh.

What I'm seeing looks like an hear hole like on a marine mammal and some reptiles. 

This is what I imagined it was. I've always related Ancients to sea life, considering tentacles and the shell-like structure in their backs.

Yeah, don't see it.  I grant there is a hole, and I see the "brow" above it.  However, there's one on each side, so there's either two half hidden skulls in there, or it was broken in half and stretched across.  It seems more likely that its part of the Ancient's skull structure rather than a heavily concealed human skull. 

That would be frickin interesting.

I hate Alad V... he's a psychopath ... but an interesting one,

I just did like 5 exterminate missions and didn't find a single synthesis target.

That sucks.

t2cap yields a 95% chance of synthesis target spawning. u just have to remember to actually follow the blue markings.