The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorry De....uranus Water Tileset - Impossible

S0ulre4per

FTFY

Edit:

also, from the information we have about the underwater Tileset, we already know it's not actual water.

the underwater ship explains it's propulsion system is like a SeeDoo because of the highly volatile, flammable liquid it's swimming around in.

so do please get your facts straight.

Up5vQfP.png

KQvxXP4.png

How would it ignite if their is no O2 to burn.

Source?

i'm way behind on DevStreams, so i can safely say it's probably between Stream 15 and Stream 30. probably 15 and 26.

How would it ignite if their is no O2 to burn.

self Oxygenating materials. Edited by taiiat

i'm way behind on DevStreams, so i can safely say it's probably between Stream 15 and Stream 30.

Are we sure that's still canon? The Lephantis lines outright state it's been that long since the Orokin were destroyed, which would make that timeline very convoluted.

Warframe takes place millions of years in the future with things like space magic, and dogs that hatch from eggs. Deal wit it.

Millions of years in the future yet still most basic weaponry(grineer, some orokin/tenno weapons,Freakking bows and blades) are fastly superior to beam, plasma weaponry? oh wow..... there is suspension of disbelief  and then there is just not trying. And this would fall in not trying catergory.

In fact all tech alone seems to be way to lame this to be in millions of years in the future. Heck Warhammer 40K has better tech than this and it takes as title suggest in year 40k.

That aside, im kinda with OP here, lore would be much welcome here, but first they should explain how venus is frozen considerin IRL is fire wasteland. Its just weird.

Are we sure that's still canon? The Lephantis lines outright state it's been that long since the Orokin were destroyed, which would make that timeline very convoluted.

sure? no, not really.

but it's a way to get into the right ballpark. if we're off by 5000 years, that's not too bad considering that's narrowing it down from the beginning and end of all time in the universe to only a few thousand years.

Edited by taiiat

The only difference between space and sea is one is pushing in, and the other is pulling out. All ye gotta do is reverse the reinforcement, make it like 1000 times stronger, and BAM. You're under the sea, under the seaaaaa, you know how it goes.

i'm way behind on DevStreams, so i can safely say it's probably between Stream 15 and Stream 30. probably 15 and 26.

self Oxygenating materials.

Well i meant the planet same thing happened with Galileo when it was made to crash into Jupiter people were saying it would cause it to light the planet on fire.

Op's name is S0ulre4per.  Op just got out of 7th grade science class.  Op used this sentence..

"I know it's only a game......but we still should stick to the stuff we know"

Let's just end this embarrassment of a thread here.

Tell you what annoys me, when I jump into a pit and die I pop up right next to it afterwards fresh as a daisy. I'd much rather that it was realistic and after I've died once that's game over and Warframe becomes a virtual paperweight. I find realism to be very important in space ninja games.

Well we need to maintain a certain level of verisimilitude. Star Wars is a fantasy sci-fi saga, but we'd be a bit puzzled in Luke Skywalker's x-wing had a open cockpit. DE should make every reasonable effort and probably do to make the world believable as there are limits to suspension of disbelief. I'm fine with the fact i drop into a pit and respawn, but i'd be puzzled if i used a ice beam on somebody and they set on fire.

I,ve read that liquid methane is similiar in appearence to water, and visocity, but it's 300 degrees colder so as long as DE aren't telling us the liquid inside the base is also methane (which would require the base to be -182 degrees C, quite a cold working environment!) it should be fine.

Finally, considering the rocky material in the trailer, it has to be one of the moons, such as Oberon :P.

Edited by Zeromanicus

I have to wonder, if the research base is in Uranus, then how're we gonna fight using Archwing?  Aren't most of Elytron's abilities all about exploding things, and Odonata's shields adding fire damage to weapons, not to mention we have the Imperator and Decurion which, from what I've seen, use a conventional bullet or a laser.  Dunno how we're gonna avoid setting the area around us ablaze, unless if we're restricted to melee, and even then, metal scraping against something else does cause sparks, which may still cause a flame.

I have to wonder, if the research base is in Uranus, then how're we gonna fight using Archwing?  Aren't most of Elytron's abilities all about exploding things, and Odonata's shields adding fire damage to weapons, not to mention we have the Imperator and Decurion which, from what I've seen, use a conventional bullet or a laser.  Dunno how we're gonna avoid setting the area around us ablaze, unless if we're restricted to melee, and even then, metal scraping against something else does cause sparks, which may still cause a flame.

You can't light a planet on fire without O2.

It's oddly specific when they say the turbines that the research facility is using doesn't have any open flames, and that the ocean is "highly flammable".

It is highly flammable but it can't light without O2 fire runs out.It would light for a few secs then just go out cause of no air.

Edited by SarahApple

It's called suspension of disbelief. You may want to try it some time.

Honestly, if we were making everything in the game scientifically accurate, Jupiter's gravity would crush us when we were on it, most planets wouldn't be as well lit as they are, Venus wouldn't have snow on it, etc. Just go with it. 

It is highly flammable but it can't light without O2 fire runs out.It would light for a few secs then just go out cause of no air.

That´s just plain wrong and you should know since that stuff is 4th grade stuff. Either auto ignition temperature of the material is met or different oxidation agents are used, like fluorine can be oxidation agent for hydrogen.

:edit though i want to say you´re kinda right because there is no fitting oxidation agent on uranus for the chemicals themselves and it´s unliky the self ignition temperature is ever met ^^

Edited by VoidNomade