The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

There's going to be a lot of people abandoning missions right from the start if they don't get the mission type they want, which might cause a lot of headaches in itself with constant host migrations.

Hahaha true QUIT RATES will definitely rise and lots of host migrations and people aborting missions so much for the purpose of bringing players together only to bring about game or squad ditching instances lol.

Well, if this happens, let's all file support tickets every day stating: 

Help, there is some kind of bug, I miss around 230 mission nodes, please fix it.

That will have to get them thinking in some way

Yeah and I'm sure they will hear a lot of reports or complaints of players that leave sessions or abort missions cause they didn't get the mission they want lol.

There really isn't a point to having nearly 300 nodes. They can make every mission type available for each planet in a small number and people wouldn't really be missing out. We'll have to see exactly what they mean by randomized missions with a detailed concept first.

I haven't read much of this thread but i feel like the main point of the uproar is that people fear they will lose rep farming maps. That or they feel like their preferred mission type will be scarce. 

I'm sure one of the main reasons for this idea is that some places feel like ghost towns or dead to newer players. It would also make integrating the Void into the star chart a lot easier i assume. That way you will have more activity across the entire system then just LF DRACO XP FARM or every player living in the Void.

Anyway, i can't wait to see what they have planned for this so i can form a better opinion.

It's not about rep heck any intercept with decent level enemy spawns ( level 30-40s ) can give decent rep its the fact that the players can no longer choose a mission their own way and its DE will be taking the driver's seat in the whole experience wheres the fun in that? what use is our liset then if we can't choose to go to which missions or nodes we want cause in certain days certain nodes or game types will not be available. It's about player preference do we tell you what missions you should play? Think about that if this systems pushes through it will be similar to that I don't get why some people get why we are complaining.

Ok. Tell me which choices we are left with? We can't choose the map we want. We now have to pray to RNG to get us into the map we want and pray to RNG again, that we get what we wanted. That's a complete waste of precious time and nothing more than an excuse to keep players occupied for hours, for what? To burnout

Oh please - such drama queens over something that's sorely needed and also a WiP.

We have a metric ton of choices right now - and mostly people choose to play the same 3-5 dark sector nodes. Having all these options that are mostly ignored has been pointless.

Think about it - with a handful of rotating nodes and rewards - there should still always be the mission or reward type you're looking for - without all this wasted empty space on a badly designed navigation UI.

But no - let's all freak out about RNG instead - as if it isn't present in almost evey video game in existence. Let's all run around claiming that DE intends to waste our 'precious' time.

Please, we're gamers - wasting time is what we DO.

As I earlier mentioned I believe a real solution will be to create a separate " CAMPAIGN MODE for those lore people that want missions that are random and tied to a so called story" it will be like a story arcade mode. But let the farmers also have full access to all nodes in a Classic Exploration Mode which is our current star chart 2.0 is that so unreasonable or hard to ask for? That way everybody wins and no one will argue that their opinion is better or what not. Instead of limiting choices offer MORE CHOICES.

It's not about rep heck any intercept with decent level enemy spawns ( level 30-40s ) can give decent rep its the fact that the players can no longer choose a mission their own way and its DE will be taking the driver's seat in the whole experience wheres the fun in that? what use is our liset then if we can't choose to go to which missions or nodes we want cause in certain days certain nodes or game types will not be available. It's about player preference do we tell you what missions you should play? Think about that if this systems pushes through it will be similar to that I don't get why some people get why we are complaining.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. Out of all the planets, i'm sure at least a few will have the mission type a player would want be available. 

Is there really a point to having 300 nodes? Especially when not all of them feature something exclusive to it?

Not sure what point you're trying to make here. Out of all the planets, i'm sure at least a few will have the mission type a player would want be available. 

Is there really a point to having 300 nodes? Especially when not all of them feature something exclusive to it?

You want your nodes to be cut down some or even the majority want it to just be trimmed as I earlier said it depends on the players preference and here is what I suggested to remedy this.

"I believe a real solution will be to create a separate " CAMPAIGN MODE for those lore people that want missions that are random and tied to a so called story with less nodes" it will be like a story arcade mode. But let the farmers also have full access to all nodes in a Classic Exploration Mode which is our current star chart 2.0 is that so unreasonable or hard to ask for? That way everybody wins and no one will argue that their opinion is better or what not. Instead of limiting choices offer MORE CHOICES."

Surely with this everybody will be happy right?

Oh please - such drama queens over something that's sorely needed and also a WiP.

We have a metric ton of choices right now - and mostly people choose to play the same 3-5 dark sector nodes. Having all these options that are mostly ignored has been pointless.

Think about it - with a handful of rotating nodes and rewards - there should still always be the mission or reward type you're looking for - without all this wasted empty space on a badly designed navigation UI.

But no - let's all freak out about RNG instead - as if it isn't present in almost evey video game in existence. Let's all run around claiming that DE intends to waste our 'precious' time.

Please, we're gamers - wasting time is what we DO.

But what is wrong with having extras? At best some people enjoy having them, at worst they don't get used often but still don't negatively impact the general game. So trying to justify a negative situation by saying "we get rid of something that doesn't matter though" is kind of moot, it's no different than saying we should suffer for nothing. There has to be an upside as well, one that is equal if not greater to what is lost, otherwise why is it even being done?

Thats fine, but the problem with these things is whether it ends up ultimately being good or bad for the game or even whether you personally like the changes or not, by the time it's implemented its too late. If you wait and see all day things will be put in place without you. Might as well at least voice some concerns now, actually consider what is happening and maybe even give people food for thought and maybe some pitfalls to avoid in the approach. As a community just put the word out there on what is liked and not liked. Not just ignore it until its on your doorstep.

I think people just need to be less defensive over things they are invested in. No one is attacking the game or demanding things. We all want the game to be good and prosperous. But no one has to agree 100% with every decision being made. And sometimes its maybe not beneficial.

I only tolerate 2 game modes, interception and defense. From there, I only tolerate 2 of the four factions, Grineer and Infested. On top of that, I only play those on the highest (available on the current star chart) level ranges. And to make matters worse (for me), I only play with randoms. I do not mess around with pre-made groups as it usually comes with some degree of expectation regarding my performance and how social I am (if I decide I want to **** around with a Skana, that is my choice/if I decide I don't want to chat no one complains). I can't sit around waiting for Grineer Interceptions and Infested Defense missions to pop up just so I can play. This is without me even getting started on my preference regarding tilesets...

TL;DR- I haven't heard much regarding the coming changes, but I like none of what little I have heard.

honestly, it didn't seem like you enjoy the game much at all. I don't see why they should cater to a player that claims to only like 2 missions.

I enjoy all the missions, some more than others. With 20 nodes, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

DE says year of quality. What they mean by that is an extra layer of RNG so we have to pay more money for the game in order to get the items we want. 20 mission nodes. Yay. I am so excited to watch my life waste away as I try to get rewards now, grinding exp will become even harder. DONT DO THiS DE.

I REALLY don't wanna go finish those hive runs on Eris any time soon if I don't have to. I loathe that gametype. With the exception of a few intercept/mob def I was too lazy to do all over (and wouldn't mind doing), all I have is Hive nodes.

lol....

same here...

but i did the full start chart once ... before rezeting my account -_-

I REALLY don't wanna go finish those hive runs on Eris any time soon if I don't have to. I loathe that gametype. With the exception of a few intercept/mob def I was too lazy to do all over (and wouldn't mind doing), all I have is Hive nodes.

I think I have hive missions to finish as well, feel free to inv me if you choose to play them. (Send PM first.)

Keep it up People!

new questions:

1)How will Bosses be dealt with in this new system?

2)How will we see void fit into it?

3)How will unlocking work? Will we have entire thing unlocked from start?

4)How will nemey levels be determined?