The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposed Starchart Changes [Megathread]

Poolboy

You're welcome everyone! <3

I myself am going to reserve my judgment until it releases, I kinda like the idea of not knowing what I'm about to do.

That being said, as OP stated, if it makes RNG worse, I will complain!

Omg that makes the world of a difference!

That will kill your player base DE, if you want less ghost nodes fine make the chart smaller.

But forcing people to play a mission is stupid.

For instance i need to form some mats to build a i item but i can not because there no nodes to do so.

Defense, Survival is what i mostly play these days.

MR 19 so end game stuff mostly for me and in some cases farming for Cells, Neural Sensors etc.

Oh and I forgot to add in one detail besides the fact that we have no choice in mission selection anymore due to the RNG based daily rotation system it will also force us to craft our own keys to access specific mission nodes and game play types for things we want? so that's more farming cause we don't know what type of resources (cough cough argon) +MORE TIME WALLS and therefore more plat costs to rush to do what a SPECIFIC MISSION you want to do which WE PREVIOUSLY HAD ACCESS to?

Dude. Stop pulling that key crap out of your rear end please. This is overreacting to the extreme.

They said by 'crafting' missions we would have a series of missions leading upto a main mission that will contain something special.

For eg:

exterminate>An enemy drops a note containing suspicious data>A spy>data found indicating artifact on boss>Bossfight>Voila! You have your artifact!

It's way more immersive than what we have now. It's also more interesting-

Hey guys! I found this note on a grineer. Ok man, lets investigate....ooh this got more interesting! Let's go on. Dayum! Look at that-we got a rare item!

Much better than 'oh look, nothing to do on map, lets spam 4 on draco.'

Besides this:

What we have now are still ideas being thrown around . De said around 20 nodes, not that we will definitely shrink it to 20 and bam.

Let us see what they put together, experience, and give feedback, they can change it if need be to how it is now. We don't know any concrete details but what they told us last stream, which wasn't quite a lot but what steve said it would be like as i gave as an example here.

So let's put the tinfoil hat down, eh? And watch, wait, and see.

Random missions ? Sorry, but... NO !

Why ? Because depending on the mission, I'm not going to get stuffed the same way. There are some Warframes that are more effective with a specific setup on some game types than others. The same goes with weapons.

I prepare almost all my stuff depending on the mission and my mood. Do you really expect me to be effective with a Stealth-based build if I end up in a Defence ? Speaking of that, as we won't know where we'll land, nobody is going to prepare a Stealth build because, you know... in case of defence mission ! Great idea, after your rework on Stealth... Sounds like you've wasted your time...

EDIT : I forgot to mention something. I sometimes play the game only the time of short mission, during a break for example. I'm not sure I would be glad to see I have to do a Survival, with players wanting to last more than 40 minutes. My break is not that long !

Edited by Arkhenbarn

So 20-30 nodes, you better be damned sure you get matchmaking working, just ask Glen what its like as a lowbie on survival when MR10+ want to go longer that you can survive for.as a MR1 or 2

Reduce the number of nodes yes, but 20-30 not a chance I want choice, 100ish yes but not 20-30, we do not want alert type missions for every single node in game.

• We need enough nodes to cover steps in the level of mobs in the missions for Grineer and Corpus, possibly infested and the new faction as well.  So 0-5 5-10 10-15 15-20 etc.
  • We need enough nodes to farm resources, some prefer to farm them in survival; some in any mission type but using master thief and opening every locker etc

For once listen to what you players are yelling at you

This is what happens when PWE buys you. 

Wanna get some neurodes to build that weapon? Too bad, wait 12 hours. Wanna finally get Frost? Too bad, wait three days. This is basically forcing you to play the game constantly just in case you'll need a certain resource in the future. This change will make the game progression into an even bigger wait-wall. The game WILL die if this change is actually released, no doubts about it.

I have to echo some of the concerns voiced so far.

I enjoy playing certain mission types on specific tilesets, not really for the reward, but just to play a fun and quick mission on my own terms. The  new system as proposed so far would take that away and would replace it with RNG, the thing that has been complained about since closed beta.

Not only that, but it would mess with other systems already in place, such as scanning specific enemies and farming for a specific resource, the system as proposed wouldn't remove padding and grind, it would merely replace them with different padding and grind.

300 nodes to 20 is too much imo.  300 to ~100, I can live with that.

i just want the option to play any mission type on any existing tileset, but i would be ok if i could just select the mission type and the tileset was rotating/random/etc (ie the current syndicate missions, they are random/rotating but i get 9 choices atm for my 3 syndicates so i usually have a good variety of mission types to choose from, of course lately i would rather run voids for ducats and/or high lvl spy for their rewards, since i can get neither of those on my syndicate missions)

bottom line is that i would like to be able to select where in the solar system that i go, ie pluto vs mars, but we certainly dont need as many redundant nodes as we currently have

i think every mission node needs to be unique and serve its own viable purpose towards some goal (besides just standard loot/xp, it needs to have unique loot in relation to any other node to be viable IMHO) and just that philosophy alone would reduce the current nodes by a lot (but down to 20ish seems pretty radical)

bottom line and all in all, im just glad that DE is addressing the issues/problems, lets see how it turns out and give them good quality feedback when it does, whether that be good or bad =]

Seems like a direct attack on farming as a whole. Can't really go to your favorite defense to get neural sensors if you have to randomly get it. Also can't build for specific missions which makes everyone run vanilla builds to compensate.

The lattice style star chart was simple and effective, this is a case of breaking something then breaking the broken thing further.

I think De is considering alternatives to help alleviate concernsa bout farming resources :)

Dude. Stop pulling that key crap out of your rear end please. This is overreacting to the extreme.

They said by 'crafting' missions we would have a series of missions leading upto a main mission that will contain something special.

For eg:

exterminate>An enemy drops a note containing suspicious data>A spy>data found indicating artifact on boss>Bossfight>Voila! You have your artifact!

Hey guys! I found this note on a grineer. Ok man, lets investigate....ooh this got more interesting! Let's go on. Dayum! Look at that-we got a rare item!

Besides this:

What we have now are still ideas being thrown around . De said around 20 nodes, not that we will definitely shrink it to 20 and bam.

Let us see what they put together, experience, and give feedback, they can change it if need be to how it is now. We don't know any concrete details but what they told us last stream, which wasn't quite a lot but what steve said it would be like as i gave as an example here.

Find a note on a Grineer soldier?

Did DE really say that?????

So... are there still people raging over Synoid's ammo efficiency nerf? The last time I checked, there's a whole lot of them. If thats the case, I still see more players raging over that than players leaving WF. Well, point is that changes come and its up to us to live with it until we can justify any changes to it or its just something to push our limits.

I think there are far more elegant solutions to the new player problem of having all these planets and no direct sense of progression and direction than nuking it all so that the people that hold your game together could potentially suffer.

If you're going to condense things down you can't say stuff like "oh this boss like vor might be a random event." That just takes away choice from new players and pushes more towards a greedy agenda - Oh a new player wants Rhino? shame that boss might not be in rotation or appear for another x amount of weeks. Better buy him from the marketplace instead!

And if you're seriously going to go through with this there needs to be clear choices for mission types and level ranges. Lowest/Low/Medium/Intermediate/Hard (Being the level 28-30 nodes) and have to contain all the mission types within these category's. You could shave SO much from the star map by just trimming away all the repeat missions from certain planets and then making sure the remaining ones can generate the tilesets from the ones you trimmed away. (Since you brought up Draco you could easily add 2-3 more iterations of the map.)

I'll just copy and paste my thoughs from another thread with a few edits:

> removal of player choice

> better for the game overall

Lolnope. Pick one.
Too much nodes is not the problem?  Lack of incentives to play non-endless/non spy missions is.

Lets kill the possibility of anyone, ever, efficiently farming anything at their leisure. Warfarmer just isn't 'farmy' or grindy enough. It not like ever since U15 90% of what DE does is introducing timewalls, grindwalls, and general 'un-content' progress/gameplay retardants.

That's not even remotely the worst part. What if you acutally want to enjoy playing a certain mission type whenever you want?

+1

Edit:

Spy missions loot was the right step forward...

With adding neat mods like the dual stat Ice and Fire, along with newb friendly mods. At the same time, rewarding for doing the right steps for higher chance on the best loot.

Two birds in one stone.

Caches from Sabotage Void was also neat

It gives a reason to explore the map with decent loot.

Endless missions loot still need fixing and tweak but is getting there...

Example, fix/remove repeating rewards the longer you play for incentive ~~

This idea of Starchart 3.0 is 3 steps backwards and a face-plant.

I foresee much more rage force than any other mistake DE has brewed in the past....

Conclusion

Start adding worth while loot. Instead of removing quietly like breakables in all Defense/Interceptions

Possibly toss in Event mods such as Slash/Impact/Puncture with same newb friendly mods and idea as Spy does for other types. 

Defense 2.0

Buff Locker/Container loot that scale with lvl difficulty; T4 Tier containers should be more than just mere Enegy Orbs and a mat.

Buff/Tweak Vaults loot in voids, right now the loot at expense to go thru the challenge is out-date. It might been fine around U9 or so but as of right now they are not worth the trouble in the long term.

Maybe bring in the promise Portals RNG from normal missions to the void for even more loot? Before making game changing decisions

IMO, the only reason to revisit old nodes are either new loot or mats with a side dish on xp; like the recent added sigils brought reasons to revisit old bosses to which proves cosmetics are also nice incentive ~~

Or since Gradivius Dilemma which has shown adding worth while loot on other side of the team with these reactions:

136_by_yuikami_da-d6rrvsy.jpg

133_by_yuikami_da-d6rngm4.jpg

All what most folks want is worth while loot and more loot

77_by_yuikami_da-d6adasp.jpg

As for what loot is worth it is subjective to change/discussion.

All I'm hoping is actual preview on this new starchart for clarity and that they tread carefully on these revamps. I'm open to pruning star chart a bit and making tweaks but I'd wish they address the loot issues at hand first and work from there.

Edited by Fionntan

I think De is considering alternatives to help alleviate concernsa bout farming resources :)

Find a note on a Grineer soldier?

Did DE really say that?????

Not note specifically lol. DE just mentioned that we would get it as drop maybe just to explain it. More like scrap of data, which I think could go like this-

for eg you kill a commander and he drops some sort of instruction he was given, like reinforce the patrols on a vessel containing top secret information with his platoon.

Edited by Evanescent

For eg:

Besides this:

So what they want is for us to go through all the trouble of multiple mission like quests for one thing or resource cool which is fine for new players as they have that feeling of wow amazement and stuff. But for us vets that have it all what if we just want to do a casual mission in a certain map against a certain enemy in a certain tile set we want we can't do that anymore as since its not guaranteed that certain game mode or certain faction will be in the rotation mission of what not. DE giving to little details and just very general statements such as reducing the star chart and removing some players freedom to chose causes alarm to us cause why did we even choose to play this game and stay this long cause we have the freedom to choose which load out which mission and which things we want to kill or have you forgotten that? DE giving vague details will of course alarm us cause based on past experience we know that some minor changes or stealth fixes that they did hindered or actually decreased the enjoyment of their player base only for them to realize too late how much rage and dissent it received from community feedback but with this issue I think its beyond it as this is NOT A MINOR CHANGE this is a make or break which will further shape warframe whether it be good or bad once they implement it and the effects are seen it can either draw more people or make a lot of people that have wanted their freedom to choose which mission they wanted to do leave the game for good and upon checking the mega thread about this I see so many people saying they will quit the game cause of this. Do you think that's a good SIGN just to radically change an existing star chart that is functional and has no real major problems just to test something out but the expense of &!$$ing off/enraging a lot of the player base that has already gotten used to having FREEDOM OF CHOICE and exploration with the current system? What about us player that like to power level alot of stuff cause there is no more guaranteed draco we lose the drive to actually GIVE MONEY TO DE cause I purchase thousands of plat worth of forma cause during my free days I maximize my weapons (I have 200+ of them) and just power level half day if there is no guaranteed intercept with medium to high level that has a good spawn rate similar to draco, cereberus or stephano what then? What if I wanted to relevel 20 weapons in a span of a few hours that choice will be taken away from us with the new systems therefore LESS SALES FOR DE even LESS PROFIT.

Edited by HARDCORE_DAVE

This is what happens when PWE buys you. 

Wanna get some neurodes to build that weapon? Too bad, wait 12 hours. Wanna finally get Frost? Too bad, wait three days...

You know what would be really funny? After 3 days when the mission finally appear, you don't have time to play and you need wait another X days.

Not note specifically lol. DE just mentioned that we would get it as drop maybe just to explain it. More like scrap of data, which I think could go like this-

for eg you kill a commander and he drops some sort of instruction he was given, like reinforce the patrols on a vessel containing top secret information with his platoon.

I didnt need an explanation of my own idea, but ty anyway. 

I heard the build mission get reward etc, I just missed the first words lol