Update 7.11.0: Vauban!

[DE]Rebecca

I have a bit of a military background. When I said pull things out of your butt, I was cleaning up the phrase, "Pulling a plan out of your &#!." In case you can't comprehend that,in means adapting on the fly and not preparing ahead of time. It's usually used scornfully, as it shows a lack of the ability to anticipate and take into account the factors in a situation.

This game already requires quite a bit of grinding. Hours upon hours of it, if we are being realistic. You grind for materials, you grind for credits, you grind for mods and cores. It all adds up, even though some of it overlaps. Having many more hours added onto that is rather irritating, unless you enjoy grinding. I don't. Admittedly, the grinding isn't quite as tedious in this game as others, seeing as how the pace of combat is more interesting, but it's still grinding. I've already spent farm too much time grinding Alloy Plate, and now I have to grind several thousand more? If you think that's a good idea, more power to you.

To use your own idea, this is like said 1000 piece puzzle. You get to around 500 pieces put together, then someone comes along and adds 200 pieces right in the middle of the puzzle. Not a perfect analogy, a bit simplistic, admittedly, but it fits. Before this, I hadn't had any issues with patches. Yes, shotguns got nerfed, but I don't use many shotguns. I will eventually, but I realised that by the time I got around to them, there would have been a change. The rest of the community was up in arms already. This patch affects me directly, both in short term and long term. So, I add my voice to the concerned masses that have posted in here.

As for your idea that I'm angry, allow me to correct you on that note. If I was angry, I would have resorted to insults directed at you personally, and there would be far more profanity in my posts. I am simply debating and refuting over a topic that is of interest to me. At most, I am irritated by this patch, but seeing as how I have already invested both money and a significant amount of time, I believe it is my right to be able to express my irritation in a constructive manner.

cba reading all of it but puzzle was not about a game but time spent and patients and i knew what pulling plan out of ur butt means saying the terms you use are not excatly the best and there are better-.- your the one who dint understand.

Increasing the price and increasing the amount of work from the weapons side i think is very good.

Keeping the players working and keeping the game alive.

Although a big change players who truly love the game will adapt fast.

I don't agree with making some of the weapons Blueprint-only or platinum only.. That's just rediculous. It's a waste of time. I've spent a few days earning 50k credits for a weapon. This update rolls around, and I get on to buy it just to find out I can't just buy it? But have to spend more time on getting parts for a weapon that'll cost me the same amount of credits, but takes longer, to get? No, that's unacceptable. Even the small group I've played with thinks so. That, right there, just ruined it. We don't plan on investing that much time just to get one thing. It was bad enough when I spent 3 weeks just to build an AKbolto and the Paris. I am not doing that again. Either speed up the building process to a couple of hours or make the blueprint's building cost reduced to zero or something. That marketplace change was not a good idea.

Increasing the price and increasing the amount of work from the weapons side i think is very good.

Keeping the players working and keeping the game alive.

Although a big change players who truly love the game will adapt fast.

no, just no.

This market change strangles new players, and to a lesser extent, resetees, while pretty much not affecting old players.

(reposting with quote and a little bit cut out)

For a full new setup, Bo, Burston, and a Furis,

750 alloy plates

100 polymer bundles (COMMON MAT and it's less than the alloy plates of JUST the weapon that requires it??),

600 nano spores,

1 morhpics,

2(!!!!) neurodes,

1,300 salvage,

1,350 ferrite,

1 orokin cell,

105,000 credits (as much as a warframe)

and 12hours of build time (not a prob there really)

The Afuris (more or less a direct upgrade to the furis) requires 4 neurodes, 600 alloy plates, 800 salvage, 1500 ferrite, 1 orokin cell, 70,000 credits, and 24-36hrs to build (since for 12 you can use a furis). That's pretty expensive in my view.

no, just no.

This market change strangles new players, and to a lesser extent, resetees, while pretty much not affecting old players.

(reposting with quote and a little bit cut out)

For a full new setup, Bo, Burston, and a Furis,

750 alloy plates

100 polymer bundles (COMMON MAT and it's less than the alloy plates of JUST the weapon that requires it??),

600 nano spores,

1 morhpics,

2(!!!!) neurodes,

1,300 salvage,

1,350 ferrite,

1 orokin cell,

105,000 credits (as much as a warframe)

and 12hours of build time (not a prob there really)

The Afuris (more or less a direct upgrade to the furis) requires 4 neurodes, 600 alloy plates, 800 salvage, 1500 ferrite, 1 orokin cell, 70,000 credits, and 24-36hrs to build (since for 12 you can use a furis). That's pretty expensive in my view.

im sure some people dont need this agian you already posted this. lots of people going to ahve lots of diffrent views.

I don't agree with making some of the weapons Blueprint-only or platinum only.. That's just rediculous. It's a waste of time. I've spent a few days earning 50k credits for a weapon. This update rolls around, and I get on to buy it just to find out I can't just buy it? But have to spend more time on getting parts for a weapon that'll cost me the same amount of credits, but takes longer, to get? No, that's unacceptable. Even the small group I've played with thinks so. That, right there, just ruined it. We don't plan on investing that much time just to get one thing. It was bad enough when I spent 3 weeks just to build an AKbolto and the Paris. I am not doing that again. Either speed up the building process to a couple of hours or make the blueprint's building cost reduced to zero or something. That marketplace change was not a good idea.

I see why changing these can be a big change as well as frustrating event, although the game was always pay to win. i was a bit sad and disappointing myself but its a lot "funner" being able to collect the ,materials yourself. Building weapons arn't that hard, knowing the places to farm is always helpful i made my Paris and a Gorgon in about 3 days of 3 hours a day play. If i may suggest go on the Warframe wiki which can be found here it may help you in the near future. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

im sure some people dont need this agian you already posted this. lots of people going to ahve lots of diffrent views.

It's still a good argument against the market change, no reason to not repost it and cut to the chase, instead of going through every argument all over again. And because they have different views, I aim to change it because the market has upset a lot of players and needs to be fixed.

edit:

I see why changing these can be a big change as well as frustrating event, although the game was always pay to win. i was a bit sad and disappointing myself but its a lot "funner" being able to collect the ,materials yourself. Building weapons arn't that hard, knowing the places to farm is always helpful i made my Paris and a Gorgon in about 3 days of 3 hours a day play. If i may suggest go on the Warframe wiki which can be found here it may help you in the near future. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

The biggest problem is that new players don't know this stuff, AND the wiki shouldn't be the solution to the new market change, it should be the devs fixing it, not relying on third party sites (the wiki isn't run by DE, so the info can also be wrong/outdated)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

It's still a good argument against the market change, no reason to not repost it and cut to the chase, instead of going through every argument all over again. And because they have different views, I aim to change it because the market has upset a lot of players and needs to be fixed.

edit:

The biggest problem is that new players don't know this stuff, AND the wiki shouldn't be the solution to the new market change, it should be the devs fixing it, not relying on third party sites (the wiki isn't run by DE, so the info can also be wrong/outdated)

No point arguing that. True on you part about the dev's. As the game is still in development i'm sure in the future things will be more user friendly.

the game has never been pay to win, is not pvp you can win without having to pay, all items you can get you can get without plat, just takes time, if you think its pay2win it just means you dont have time or ur lazy.

the game has never been pay to win, is not pvp you can win without having to pay, all items you can get you can get without plat, just takes time, if you think its pay2win it just means you dont have time or ur lazy.

yes, it couldn't possibly the fact that the items take far too long to gather. While it's not pay to win yet, it's kinda heading that way with the recent market changes. New players have a MUCH harder time getting started now, all because they have a limited selection of weapons, unless they want to start grinding, more or less as they start the game.

yes, it couldn't possibly the fact that the items take far too long to gather. While it's not pay to win yet, it's kinda heading that way with the recent market changes. New players have a MUCH harder time getting started now, all because they have a limited selection of weapons, unless they want to start grinding, more or less as they start the game.

What i should of said is paying will give you an advantage over others. Acquire-ring items and frames faster.

What's the bug?

on exterminate mission monsters spawn behind locked doors normaly room before exit room, 2-10+ enamies spawns depending on room size and door is locked and no one can pass. so they cant kill them and they be stuck in room before, you can bypass this using loki decoy ability because decoy has the bug whcih decrease enamies count by one, or use volt to try kill through door.

just go look at mission bugs is a hot topic with lots of replys, some unlucky players are stuck on 3rd stage on mercury.

Edited by wayneo

While I agree Banshee's Soundquake was OP, that damage was high and range was bigger than the animation itself, why would you remove invulnerability while channeling?

A low armor warframe who is rooted for 7 seconds while "casting" an ability makes no sense to me. While Saryn, for example, does same damage (if not more) in 4 seconds while being invulnerable, and on top of it her damage ignores armor. Not to mention other warframes which deal flat out 1k damage in couple of seconds.

Damage nerf doesn't have that much impact, while range is nerfed to a size of Frost's snowglobe. And I don't mind that. What bothers me is that while playing her I have to be standing still in middle of an enemy swarm, locked in animation, waiting for enemies to die of damage ticks.

Or in case of infested, who refuse to be staggered by the soundquake, sitting there while they are clawing me to death.

I agree that invincibility skills like Rhino's Iron Skin or Trinity's Link have to be fixed, but those skills, unlike Soundquake, can be used while moving, shooting, dodging, running and taking cover.

While I agree Banshee's Soundquake was OP, that damage was high and range was bigger than the animation itself, why would you remove invulnerability while channeling?

You know, the dmg was a bug and they still didn't fix it, instead they took away invulnerability from the abilities and nerfed the range for Sound Quake, which is pretty small now, for a low dmg 100 energy ability...

The one good ability Rhino has is the Armor, otherwise he's useless really. I agree with others that if theres going to be a nerf to Rhino it should be 90% damage resistance intead of the 80% and armor causes immunity to poison, knockback from lasers and enemy melee. This will accomodate for Rhino's incredibly slow speed.

The one good ability Rhino has is the Armor, otherwise he's useless really. I agree with others that if theres going to be a nerf to Rhino it should be 90% damage resistance intead of the 80% and armor causes immunity to poison, knockback from lasers and enemy melee. This will accomodate for Rhino's incredibly slow speed.

This sounds like a good idea. I have been farming for Rhino's Helmet for a while now and while the fact that it was taking forever was annoying, it didn't stop me from wanting to keep going and earn Rhino the hard way. Now that I find out Rhino is basically pointless, my attention will turn to other 'frames. I hope DE decides to be a little more generous to Rhino players next update while still keeping a light nerfing.