Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fan Of Wipeout? High Speed Edgy Video Games? Consider Taking A Look At This Kickstarter

Volkovyi

Good Day Fellow Tenno

Today I bring you an off-topic sort of plea for a Kickstarter project by r8 Studio, perhaps better known as Studio Liverpool who worked on the Wipeout franchise since the days of Playstation 1!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/formulafusion/formula-fusion-next-gen-anti-gravity-racing-game

Please consider spreading the word of their new project, a spiritual successor to the Wipeout series, and helping out any way you can. Promised console release to next-gen consoles such as the Xbox One and Playstation 4 at 100k!

well they have passed their goal i see, but more never hurts i guess

They are Greenlit on Steam, but I hope to have them reach their stretch goal of 100,000 which would solidify the release of the game on next gen consoles! Racing on the big screen!

As an absolute Wipeout fan, I love you.

As an absolute Wipeout fan myself, I love you too!

Bolid design is not so great.

I hope there will be more types of machines.

Wipeout 2097 is my favorite, will keep an eye on this one.

Thanks for sharing  :3

The full release is planned to have 5 racing classes, and class customization, so many many design possibilities! Right now for the alpha build only one glass is available.

I just can't wait to see it released. I lost all my hopes when I heard about the end of Studio Liverpool (and by the way I never forgiven it to Sony), so when I heard they were going to release a "wipeout-but-not-so-wipeout-by-the-actual-wipeout-devs", I just totally lost my mind and jumped into the first hype train I saw !

I just can't wait to see it released. I lost all my hopes when I heard about the end of Studio Liverpool (and by the way I never forgiven it to Sony), so when I heard they were going to release a "wipeout-but-not-so-wipeout-by-the-actual-wipeout-devs", I just totally lost my mind and jumped into the first hype train I saw !

Indeed! The closing of the Studio Liverpool upset me greatly, but it is so uplifting to see that they have reformed!

just checked out the link and its way over its goal without me donating anything. its getting funded WOOOOOO!!   . .

\U/

btw feel free to use the cheering smiley. I don't have any copy rights or stuff like that over it.

Although I'm not a fan of kickstarter, I voted on there greenlight. I'll definitely get it when it comes out, the last great wipeout was pure on the PSP :\

Heh, Pulse wasn't that bad at all. Yeah, you had to pay for DLCs, but overall it was as good as Pure IMO.

Heh, Pulse wasn't that bad at all. Yeah, you had to pay for DLCs, but overall it was as good as Pure IMO.

Pulse was okay. I just didn't like some of the little things they put in like the talking intros.

Also Pure had a huge amount of unique tracks with the free DLCs (4x Omega, 4x Classic, 4x Gamma, 4x Delta)  plus the 5 free crafts (not including the skin packs each DLC gave too), and the on UMD ability to share the game to other players, so with a single UMD you could have a group of friends play with you in Ad Hoc multiplayer (although they only had one ship and the on disc tracks).

And Wipeout HD was hugely disappointing. It was poorly supported. 8 tracks and 12 crafts. And the fury expansion only really added a new class of crafts (meaning you couldn't race them against the existing crafts from HD), 8 more tracks, 4 of which could only be used in select modes.

Honestly for what you got Wipeout Pure was the best modern wipeout title, and probably the best of all time. Just too bad I can't get the DLCs working on my emulator :(

Good news everyone!

With the project funded, Studio r8 has confirmed they will be keeping the Kickstarter page open indefinitely! This means that potentially they could reach multiple stretch goals, most important being at 100,000 British pounds which solidifies the game's release to next generation consoles such as the PS4 and XboxOne next year! Right now they are at 55,000 and steadily rising.

Let's help them reach the console community, I know I would love to race on the big screen!