The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Melee Kubrows?

GridBurn

Really, why do we have to melee Kubrows when I cannot even hit them with half my melee attacks. They are so badly bugged that, honestly most of my swings with most of my weapons just pass harmlessly over their heads...

Am I doing something wrong?

*sigh* If you want an easy way to deal with them. Equip a sentinel with a strong gun and hop on top of a rock or something where they can't hit you.

Or use abilities. Or weapons that swing down. Or smash attacks and finishers. Anything.

On a side note: Why is everyone else having trouble with melee weapons recently? Mine all seem to be working fine.

Lol guys did you even read? He's talking about the fact that Kubrow hitbox is really small, and the great part of melee weapons don't allow to direct melee attack in any direction (except for forward). That's the same problem that happens when fighting on stairs. 

*sigh* If you want an easy way to deal with them. Equip a sentinel with a strong gun and hop on top of a rock or something where they can't hit you.

Or use abilities. Or weapons that swing down. Or smash attacks and finishers. Anything.

On a side note: Why is everyone else having trouble with melee weapons recently? Mine all seem to be working fine.

I have been doing things like that but it's a frustrating experience. The whole premise of the event is wonky... I've found the most success with Redeemer but only because I can aim the shots, the swings leading up to them mostly seen to miss.

By the way, this only became an issue after I got the first 100 and the levels went up.

I'm creeping up on 300, will just keep cheesing it as much as possible I guess... Valkyr helps

Edited by GridBurn

One still need to aim with melee weapon...direct your melee hit to kubrow and you will be fine

Thanks, but I do aim... wait... I just remembered the melee targetting settings. Going to play with those a bit and see.

I have been doing things like that but it's a frustrating experience. The whole premise of the event is wonky... I've found the most success with Redeemer but only because I can aim the shots, the swings leading up to them mostly see to miss.

By the way, this only became an issue after I got the first 100 and the levels went up.

I'm creeping up on 300, will just keep cheesing it as much as possible I guess... Valkyr helps

Ah. Yeah, things get wonky on the Stratos part. Honestly I found Oberon pretty nice for it. His 1's guaranteed radiation proc was good for making them murder each other.

*shrug* I mostly used Dual Swords for the event and I never had any troubles with missing so...sorry I can't help more?

OK for anyone having serious issues, I went into my settings and turned off Melee auto-targeting. I still miss some swings but I am able to hit them much more consistently now.

Thank you to everyone that offered suggestions :)

This event does highlight the problem with melee weapons having an accurate hitbox... making them clunky against anything that isn't a full sized person.

And jump attacks are clunky as hell.  Actually, movement in Warframe is clunky as hell.  This is the only game where I can hit space and there's a visible lag time between the press and the actual jump.  Turning on a dime can lock the character in place as the character only moves when the legs kick in the right direction.  Any other game and they'll get the character moving while the legs are turning.  Here?  If the model is having issues figuring out how to twist itself around, it gets stuck in place for a good second.  Long enough for kubrows, let alone everything else, to just wreck a Tenno.

Mostly, the event showcases another point of poor quality control.  But hey, the skinner's box is strong with this one so no one really notices, which is why the grind will never go away.

Edited by Littleman88

Lol guys did you even read? He's talking about the fact that Kubrow hitbox is really small, and the great part of melee weapons don't allow to direct melee attack in any direction (except for forward). That's the same problem that happens when fighting on stairs. 

WCH9fsI.gif

Why can't we angle melee attacks up and down.

I use the Redeemer and shoot them. Problem solved xD

Yeah, it's annoying trying to hit them normally. So far i've seen that:

- Rending Crane triple E combo and Tempo Royale right click spam combo hit them just fine

- Shimmering Blight for polearm is good for the two first swings but the third one (the horizontal cut) almost always misses

- Dakra almost never hits

- Tonfas/dual swords are an excercise in frustration

o_O Wut? I was being honest.. I didn't have a hard time at all lol.

I didn't either, but I used tempo Royale which I've used for a while because it has vertical attacks that hit above and below me. Also my own Kubrow can bite feral Kubrows in half well into the 40-60 level range. Edited by Gelkor

I don't feel any mechanical problems.

If you find hard to kill them, you need some more melee practice or better gear.

The only issue I have is the target, why do a tenno kill kurbows? Are they our companions?[/quote

Well the diffence between our kubrows and the wild kubrows we are killing is the same diffrence between dog and wild wolf. Imagina that you are in the forest and you see a pack of wild wolfs you wont go in there to pet them wouldnt you , ]