Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Stop Oberon's Ultimate From Working When No Enemies Can Be Hit By It?

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

So the same should apply to Banshee, Rhino, Mesa, and literally every other warframe that targets an enormous number of enemies.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic. 

Edited by Imaru

Actually as much as I hate agreeing with you yet again....Reckoning does target enemies it isn't just a aoe like rhino stomp, miasma, ect.  If there isn't anything to target than why is it casting?

This has got to stop....where are the good old days when I literally hated every post you ever made....lol

Actually as much as I hate agreeing with you yet again....Reckoning does target enemies it isn't just a aoe like rhino stomp, miasma, ect.  If there isn't anything to target than why is it casting?

This has got to stop....where are the good old days when I literally hated every post you ever made....lol

ummm...who are you?

You aim poorly and you'll miss, you throw grenade at random direction and it might bounce back at you, you use ability without enemy in range and you will waste energy. Pretty sure that's a common consequences if you fail at using something properly. Not everything needs a fail safe.

You aim poorly and you'll miss, you throw grenade at random direction and it might bounce back at you, you use ability without enemy in range and you will waste energy. Pretty sure that's a common consequences if you fail at using something properly. Not everything needs a fail safe.

Oh, so you always know the range of your powers at all times and always know whats happening all around you?

Oh, so you always know the range of your powers at all times and always know whats happening all around you?

Yeah, because i use my power when i know what's arround me. Not use my power and hope for the best

You shouldn't be able to fire your weapon unless you're going to hit something. I mean come on, do you know how many bullets I've wasted, firing into the ground and not getting an kills? FIX THIS DE.

I think it's a bit easier with powers like Overload where you get a visual indicator of how large the effect is and can adapt to that.  Oberon lacks this so I wouldn't complain if he was given an exemption and allowed a "no targets" warning when he cast.

Or just an effect that shows how large it is.  Maybe light from above shining in a circle?

This is coming from an ash player that doesn't have to worry about this.

On a shuriken build, who doesn't "nuke" at all. I'm also running a valkyr and a volt btw. Both have ranged abilitys.

Seriously. You get a set, you learn to handle it, you use it. Thats all there is to it. Never considered this a problem.

Well, if you really enjoy a frame, you'd keep a constant-ish build and memorize the range that your abilities can reach up to. 

And if you play this game a lot, you can kind of judge the in game distance between you and another player/enemy/object/potato.

Also, since you wanted my opinion, I will give you my solutions for fixing your problem.

Solution #1: Slap on overextended, you'll end up slamming enemies from the next planet over

Solution #2: Make sure there's an enemy within 10 meters of you before casting? 

Solution #3: Don't cast it at all if you're not sure

Solution #4: MEmORizE tHE DIsTanCe YoUR AbILitIeS CAn reAcH!!!!1!!111!!!!!!!

Solution #5: Play a different frame/use a different ability