Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Stop Giving Us The D (Polarity)

Althran

...Polarity.

The D polarity.

In the first slot.

Every.  Single.  Time.

You have to move that D polarity, which means you're using a forma, or you're not going to be able to properly build your elemental combos for the respective enemies.

D polarities on weapons, as of now, are entirely useless.  You don't need them, because there are so few mods with D polarities that are useful.  All you need on guns or melee are V and / polarities.  You could move some mods over to the D polarity to make people want to use it more, but that wouldn't solve much.  Honestly, cold damage shouldn't be classified as a D polarity.  None of the other elemental mods are.  So neither should cold -- it should be changed to V polarity.  Instead, the D polarity should turn into a utility polarity.  Vazarin is supposed to be a defensive polarity.  At least, that's what it says on the wiki.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity

This is why Vazarin should become the utility polarity.  Because mods that cause more knockdowns, that extend the range or the status duration, are defensive.  And yet you don't see those mods in the D polarity.  You just see cold mods, and some other mods that aren't even worth putting on the gun.

TLDR?

Defensive/Utility mods for the Defensive Polarity (Vazarin), and also switching cold damage mods to the Damage Polarity (Madurai).

Edited by Althran

I agree that the D is useless, but they cant change the entire moding and polarity system without running a massive script to give people back their Formas they invested to change to polarities that might be useless now.

How to account for the time spent on leveling is a whole diffrent story, so I only can support parts of this post.

I agree that the D is useless, but they cant change the entire moding and polarity system without running a massive script to give people back their Formas they invested to change to polarities that might be useless now.

How to account for the time spent on leveling is a whole diffrent story, so I only can support parts of this post.

What... are you talking about.

How is asking to move cold damage mods to the damage polarity, and adding utility mods changing the enitre modding system?  and how does it force them to give back formas?  you w0t

Nothing can really be done with the D Polarity now, it's much too late for that. If we add more mods tp it, players would just feel like they were shoehorned in amd would then have to re-Forma EVERY weapon they use to fit one or two D mods. It wouldn't be worth it.

How about we just ask for more mods that are D. I want more of the D....

Hahaha nice.

D polarities should be removed from weapons. There are only 3 Rifle D mods that I know of. It really does screw up a build. I would appreciate if they stopped putting D on weapons initially all together.

I will probably get in trouble for trolling this post but its so worth it

MOAR D

on a more serious note, we need more D mods.

If it wasn't a live game and didn't have literally thousands of players that have already put countless hours into forma and weapon customization then the really simple solution is to make some current mods D eg..

All critical chance mods D

All Status chance and status Duration (including dual stat mods) D

All ammo mods D

Damage, multishot V

Elements -

Everything else D

I used to hate that D polarity, but then I realized it's really a good thing.

Just look at it realistically.

It's a polarity for free.  Great for cold and blast and you're getting it for free.

If you forma it then you can something else so you'll have another forma.  If you change the forma, then you'll still have the forma you want.

Sure, it being the first is a bit of a hassle, but with most weapons with zero forma it won't matter.  

What would be better is if it was first in the BOTTOM row.  That way the player could work around it and use it how they need to use it.

• 4 months later...

You do realize that for any primary or secondary weapon with no Formas, it's virtually impossible to use all eight of the mod slots. For example, a secondary weapon with maxed Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, and Lethal Torrent leaves you with only 24 mod capacity; even using the cheap dual status elemental mods, you only have enough capacity to fill three more mod slots, leaving two mod slots unused.

The D polarity slot makes no difference on a weapon with no Formas, and replacing the D polarity slot is no different from replacing an un-polarized slot. You really only have space to complain if the weapon started with three or more polarized slots.

I was going to open a thread about this, but then I've seen this one so I'm gonna explose my argument here.

Talking about weapons in general the Vazarin Polarity(D) have got a total of 12 weapon mods, this include Primary, Secondary and Melee, if we want to add Archwing Guns and Melee this goes up to 17, and then you'll see why this is a BIG problem.

Now after talking about the ridicolous small amount of mods that have got the Vazarin now let's talk about how many of them are good. Mainly these Mods are: Cold Mods(90% Extra Cold damage applied on weapons), Status Mods(+15% Status Mods) that are getting COMPLETELY outclassed by ANY Dual-Stat Mod, that not only does give 60% More Damage depending on what element mod you're using, BUT it gives 45% more status chances, getting a total of 60% bonus status, comes with the Madurai(V) which is way more useful and easier to swap and takes the same amount of slots required to the first(7).

Then other mods that have got the Vazarin are some utility mods, like reducing the spread and increasing both crit damage and status by a bit and, on the archwing only and only for guns, Toxin mods.

Now the fact is that DE is doing this for pushing us to put even more forma on our weapon or don't even know what they're adding to their weapons.

This polarity forces you to use the only useful mod(the ice one) if you don't remove it, forcing you to combinate it even when you don't want to, and so reduces the customization of the weapon itself.

Well I think that I wrote enough things to see where is the problem of the Vazarin, which if for Warframes could be useful for weapons is utterly garbage, hence DE should remove it or put some decent mods for this forgotten polarity.

We've seen like 90% of new released mods are Madurai, still DE continues to release Vazarin Polarities for no real motivation except giving to the players more things to deal with while playing the game.

But in the end we even got a weapon that have the stance slot not matching ANY stance aviable for its class, so it's not really something to be shocked about it, just hope that DE will fix this, sooner or later.

Edited by Redskull94

Now the fact is that DE is doing this for pushing us to put even more forma on our weapon or don't even know what they're adding to their weapons.

An empty Vazarin mod slot is functionally identical to an empty unpolarized mod slot. And there will be at least one empty mod slot on any non-melee weapon with zero Forma.

Using a Forma to convert a previously empty Vazarin mod slot to something else is functionally identical to using a Forma to convert a previously empty unpolarized mod slot to something else. It doesn't cost you any additional Forma.

There are no downsides for having one or two unused polarized mod slots on primary or secondary weapons. It's not like DE is forcing you to use that mod slot. You have seven other mod slots to use, and YOU STILL WON'T BE USING ALL SEVEN OF THEM WITHOUT FORMA ANYWAYS.

There are rare cases I leave the D polarity there when I'm using four elementals However the majority of the time I change it to a - or v simply because I'd prefer to have an elemental slot left open for diversity in swapping elements around and give my weapon access to viral, magnetic, blast without cutting access to radiation, gas and corrosive.