Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manic Bombards Are Better Than The Manic Grineer

zoboso

A long time ago in a Dark Sector far far away I created a post in players helping players about killing the Manic Grineer. Flashing forward to today, and I've still have not killed a manic Grineer on my own. However as I have sided with the void, I got to fight and scan the manic bombard.

I enjoyed fighting the manic bombard better than the manic, I do not know whether it was the acoustics for the clearly telegraphed grenade throw, or how the manic's warp pattern protected the manic bombard from damage in a manner that could be counteracted by action instead of waiting.

I would like to thank the people who created the Manic Bombard, and I hope that the aforementioned people get the first attempt at creating the sentients.

Actually, try fighting a single lvl 20 mimeograph of each manic in the simulacrum. it's a ton of fun. 

the original manic will keep you on your toes wile the bombard draws your attention.

really, a great fight

So far I haven't had a manic bombard last more than 6-10 seconds from popping out of the tube, in fact they usually spend the whole fight blinded or stunned or on the ground.  So basically I have no idea if they are any more engaging than a regular bombard.  They are certainly more boring than regular Manics.

The regular Manic has too many animations built "on a flat floor." This means that their animations get EXTREMELY wonky as soon as they execute them (such as the back-pedalling teleport, which can lock them in a loop if they teleport towards a hole). This really shows when you're fighting Manics in the simulacrum, where most of the terrain is very flat and large to allow Manic movements.

This is even more annoying when it's not clear when you can actually hit him at first (I've learned from that, and I now eat Manics for breakfast, but that doesn't make the faulty designs less so). Their invincibility frames aren't really evident, so no wonder people would non-stop attack them when their dodging isn't what's saving them, but their strangely long inv. frames. The regular Manic also has a lot of telegraphed moves, but the glitchy-ness behind it makes them inconsistent and act weird most of the time.

The Manic Bombard doesn't suffer from all of this because it doesn't have as many unique animations; it uses a lot of the regular unit's. However, the way its teleport is made IS much better, so I agree with that point.

Edited by Casardis

I agree, the Bombard felt a lot more like a miniboss. The standard Manic feels a lot more like an annoyance in my experience. And sometimes you get a bleed proc and take 100 damage per second.

(Mind you I always fought bombards alone with mid-rank guns).

Edited by The_Doc

So far I haven't had a manic bombard last more than 6-10 seconds from popping out of the tube, in fact they usually spend the whole fight blinded or stunned or on the ground.  So basically I have no idea if they are any more engaging than a regular bombard.  They are certainly more boring than regular Manics.

Try facing a squad of them in the simulacrum.

Powered units with skills such are the best, maybe Commanders could use some rework and Fireblades could use some more dmg (to make the fearfull) but yeah. I would love to fight an enemy unit with a great skill like Volt Shield who's not a boss. It would make (let's say Corpus because of electricity and skill lacks in their side) them more interesting.

Normal manic has far more i-frames. If you stun a manic bombard, it cant teleport out to mitigate the damage.

Yeah... that immortality frames and damage cap needs to be removed. In the trial, 3 spawn, and sometimes there's just so much going on that you can't devote time to lure him out and kill him, that sometimes, you just forget about them and they regen to full health, rendering almost impossible to kill. And even if you manage to kill, more spawn... lmao.

Summary suggested feedback: Remove Immortality frames, adjust respawn for manics (as well as nullfiiers), remove invisibility.

In comparison with regular manic... Bombard doesn't have the invis=invulnerability, but IMO they throw out angstrum grenades a bit too often.

Edited by Epicagemo