The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Karak Wraith Have Any Specialties?

VoidianAgent

Question

I would have loved more a buff to reload speed instead of mag size. this way its too similar to braton.

Agreed. The funny thing is that I'm seeing a lot of support for a Karak Wraith rework in this thread, however I posted this suggestion:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/461750-karak-wraith-make-it-a-proper-sidegrade-to-braton-prime/

-30 damage

-13.5 fire rate

-40 magazine

-1 second reload

-15% status

-5%/x2 critical

-28.6 accuracy

in the suggestions forum and people are trashing it, because supposedly it will make it "too similar to braton prime" (lolwhut? #warframeforumlogic) and going off topic regarding Braton Vandal buffs.

Really needs a buff. Having base damage in the realm of 42 would give it an interesting niche, being more damage than the Braton Prime but with less Status, less damage than Boltor Prime but with more Status and hitscan.

As it is, it just seems to be a weaker Braton Prime.

Braton Prime is pretty powerful. I have no idea why all of you are comparing it to the karak wraith.

Because it's statistically and mechanically the closest weapon to it. They're very similar guns. But the Braton Prime is better at pretty much everything.

Edited by OniGanon

Not every new weapon is supposed to be the OP best weapon in the game, especially when its a free weapon, with a free slot and free potato. It's an upgrade from the Karak, it's a great midrange weapon good for new players. Anyone who was expecting different was delusional. It is not meant to replace the Braton Prime. It's called the Karak Wraith, not the Braton Wraith.

Edited by weezedog

Not every new weapon is supposed to be the OP best weapon in the game, especially when its a free weapon, with a free slot and free potato. It's an upgrade from the Karak, it's a great midrange weapon good for new players. Anyone who was expecting different was delusional. It is not meant to replace the Braton Prime. It's called the Karak Wraith, not the Braton Wraith.

Exactly what I was going to say about it.

Moreover, I think the comparison between wraith and prime weapons is flawed. I don't think wraith weapons are supposed to be the upgrades that primes are (nor does it particularly make sense from a lore angle). They don't need to be built, come with a slot and catalyst so they can always be acquired and have no secondary cost unless any individual wants to add forma. Unless you're being competitive in any given event, there won't be a lot of work involved while you can spend weeks trying to get a rare prime part. Heck, even the losers of the event get a wraith reward.

A wraith weapon is your after-school sports participation tropy.

A prime weapon is your letter.

Its an ok low-mid tier weapon, but will probably need forma if you want to take it into a late t3/ mid t4. Mastery fodder? Nah. Newest top tier rifle? Not at all. An ok for funzies alternative? Sure. It'll just take a lot of work to get it to preform at its maximum potential.

I think a lot of people had visions of the Latron Wraith - a solid alternative to the Latron Prime - in mind when they thought of the Karak Vandal. Yet the Latron Wraith is a bit of an outlier because the Prime version is the reference point against which the Wraith is balanced. Karak doesn't have that luxury.

Quanta Vandal is damn nice though because the base Quanta is already a beast.

thx for the event and for the weapon

the weapon is exactly what i expect a mastery fodder

i have both Dera and Karak x4 forma and Dera is by far better in all

Yet if the Dera had won, many people would just complain that it was a worse Boltor Prime. Edited by Noble_Cactus

I dont know why but for me it feels like the Wraith version of a Karak deserved more.

I have to agree with this. It feels pretty much the same as the Karak. At least its something I can enjoy leveling up unlike... -shivers- Daikyu...

Speaking as a proud owner of a four-formaed Braton Prime... I quite enjoy using the Karak Wraith. It's a fun all-around nice weapon that feels really nice when firing.

I wish people would stop considering average weapons to be Mastery fodder just because there's a straight-up upgrade available. Use it, enjoy it for what it is. Karak Wraith is great.

It also keeps critting 404 damage for me (rank 10 Serration only atm) and I find that rather amusing.

EDIT: Keep in mind that I'm one of those people who find Dera disguisting to use as-is, so there's that.

^This Tenno knows whats up.

This guy kn

Maybe they should just Nerf the Soma and Boltor weapons so that people are actually excited whenever a new gun shows up.

>.>

<.<

Didn't think so. Maybe instead of comparing every new gun to the obviously top tier OP weapons you have a little fun with the 200+ weapons we do have. I have a 5 forma Boltor P and Soma P that I rarely ever touch anymore because they are incredibly boring weapons to use.

This guy tAlks sense. Enough with trying to trash-talk every weapon that can't rip apart level 80s in seconds. Appreciate the fact that maybe to some of us using the most OP weapons  all the time is the most funless thing in the world. Whats the point if you can just kill everything so fast you don't get to have fun with the game first? Whats the point if we choose our weapons based on power instead of what we want?

I feel that we don't have too many Impact based rifles and so this is a welcome weapon, especially considering that with a max Piercing Caliber it manages to do more Puncture than Impact, without using Crash Course, thereby making it kind of viable against Grineer too. I love how accurate it is even with a rank 9 Heavy Cal and how it sounds and works. Good mag size upgrade, decent reload of the original, it is the only true space AK we got for now. :)

I have been ranking it up after many forma on Triton Neptune and it surprises me how well it works against the Corpus, man or robot alike. I have been using it with Banshee and Nova and even without any mods and without Sonar or Mol Prime it manages to take down rank 30 to 40 guys pretty decently in a few seconds, except for the heavies. At max rank and modded up it 'Shreds' Corpus, hehe.

I love it, and hope it will be useful against the Sentients when they come around since they may be like Corpus and are apparently weak to non energy weapons. :)

Wait so a new weapon that doesn't outclass everything that already exists, but sits between mid and high tiered stuff is automatically bad?

Exactly and if you think, it's an arcane avenger away from a crit/stat/damage build.

It's a lovely balanced weapon. Destroys shields. As equally as armor or health. High base damage Stat gun plus arcane avenger gives criticals. Good accuracy for headshots btw 4x damage on crits. Add punch through for mowing.

In conclusion play with it. See how it feels. Braton p is a little more inaccurate.

What ever happened to using guns because of how they look, sound and feel?

There is a good reason i wanted the dera. Its basic statuses are already a lot better, it has puncture focus instead of useless impact damage

ill just max it to 30 and thenn just sell this useless thing

Thanks for the free weapon slot thats all i take from this whole event

The Dera will be put into another random assassin who barely shows up once in a year and then keeps dropping the same part over and over like qwith brakk/Detron the last time. I wanted the detron but got that damn minishotgun

Why is it so hard to hand out the weapon the people worked for?

Im just very dissapointed...

I wouldnt sell it. May get buff or may make impact more useful. And if you sell it well you will kick your self be a use its an event weapon. You won't get it back for quite a while.

I get that people are comparing it to the Braton Prime and not loving the reduced damage, but the change in base damage types makes it fill a different role for me. Instead of proccing slash and damaging enemies with that proc, the Karak Wraith often procs stagger instead.

So instead of killing faster, it stagger-locks whatever you point it at. Throw on a stacking debuff like Corrosive and it works pretty damn well against armored enemies.

It's a solid weapon, especially against Grineer when built Corrosive-Fire-status%. Yes, the Braton Prime will deal more damage with the same setup due to the slash procs. But the staggerlock from the Karak Wraith is a nice feature to have, especially on certain squishy frames.