The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Use Of Spare Mods....

(PSN)CowboyJeff72

Question

So being fairly new, I'm sure a lot of my spare mods are ones that most veterans have in spades. Now I don't mind helping out new players with some of them, but what to do with the rest? 

1) Is it better to just sell them straight out for credit?

2) Is is worth fusing the unranked ones?

3) Or is it better to dump them into like polarity mods I am using?

What do the vets think?

19 answers to this question

I have enough cores to afford to sell excessive amounts of mods, mostly sentinel precepts (these things are useless and cheap to max out anyway), unless I get a crazy idea like e.g. maxing out a mod with duplicates only.

If you get more than 20 dupes of one thing per game, you better sell it every once in a while, same for broberon parts.

Edited by Mofixil

When you get a ton of credits and a ton of duplicates, you can eventually use your duplicates as fusion fodder. However, this is way more expensive and less efficient in terms of credit cost per fusion power; it just lets you save some Fusion Cores.

Until then, there's a couple of things you can do:

-Keep duplicates to have the same mod with multiple ranks. This is what I recommend keeping duplicates for. So for example, you can fuse a rank 5 Serration, and a rank 2 Serration. This way, you can equip the rank 2 Serration on weapons without many levels on it and later equip the rank 5 version.

-Keep duplicates to fuse into the same mod. This is actually a relatively inexpensive way to level up a mod, but be careful you don't fuse all of your duplicates, just in case you want a lower ranked version later.

-Sell duplicates. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're really really dying for credits. Additionally, I wouldn't sell any mods unless you have tons and tons of them. Things like, Ammo Drum, Intruder, Quickdraw, Revenge, and such are things I would sell.

Keep all your dupes for fusing into other mods..sometimes it really helps :) I love to collect tons of them and then fuse said several thousand duplicates into anything I want to rank up.

Pretty much this. Duplicate mods are great for fusing mods with a few ranks without wasting Fusion Cores on them. That's not to say that you should only use Fusion Cores on the 10-rank mods, but that's just where they're most effective, so you want to stockpile them.

I concur with fusing the extra duplicate mods, even if they aren't the right polarity - that is still more rank up for mods that need it - you will be charged more credits for the fusion though but that is still better than no mod rank up.

Just an FYI on the topic of Fusion - using Mods of the same Polarity

as the one you want to rank up gives more of a boost per Mod than non-matching ones,

and there's an even bigger boost to be had by fusing exact duplicates

(e.g. save your spare Vitality / Redirection Mods for fusing into those).

If you want credits, find a Dark Sector you can handle, those pay pretty well for just 5 waves / minutes.

I have been fusing the ones I plan to max out (Vitality, Serration, Redirection). So, keep a couple of lower ranked mods around for my low level frames/weapons and only sell them if credits become exceedingly low? That sound about right? And trust me, if I think my Kubrow is in trouble, he will immediately go into stasis.

I have been fusing the ones I plan to max out (Vitality, Serration, Redirection). So, keep a couple of lower ranked mods around for my low level frames/weapons and only sell them if credits become exceedingly low? That sound about right? And trust me, if I think my Kubrow is in trouble, he will immediately go into stasis.

Sounds good to me.

Also, you can get a healthy amount of credits by doing Void missions (T1 works fine, easy enemies and ~20k mission reward payout).

Also there's two "Dark Sector" nodes on every planet that give a hefty credit reward at the end of the mission. I think it offers around 10-23k depending on the level of the planet. Even better, you don't need to stay longer than 5 waves, 5 minutes, or 1 extractor to get the credit reward.

Sell them for cash when they pile up well into 5 digits. Usually good for about a million or two in credits.

Sometimes I do use them for fusion, but it's not terribly cost effective. Depends if you're short on cash or short on cores.

Let me tell you a story:

I had been stockpiling mods for ages.  At around 6000 mods, I decided to max out a primed flow.

In cost:

600+ assorted fusions cores

1200ish assorted V polarity Mods

300ish sentinel mods of the wrong polarity.

2.3 million credits.

Sold for 850 platinum.  

SLOTS FOR DAYS MAN.  hash-tag-feels-good-bro