Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Loki's Decoy Augment

EX-Zanki

Just got this idea... may be useful...

Effect: Upon deployment, Loki's decoy take all damage instead of Loki for the duration of the ability, when Loki's decoy is out of life it dissapears.

Intention of the ability: his decoy has little life, Loki too... it's intention is to make it better at it's objective, draw fire and take the heat instead of Loki, when Decoy is normally used it doesn't draw all incoming fire due to enemy targeting, in open maps this is a real issue, this augment would not only cover that aspect, but it also can provide a life pool like ability for our squishy frame...

Well what do you think?

This would work as a good panic button, but the decoy, for one, has a pitiful amount of health. Also, if you are playing Loki, the idea is not to get hit. At all.

Loki players will find very little use of this augment, therefore, because if you are to be a Loki, you need to NEVER get hit.

Edited by R34LM

You should never get hit... but every Loki is hit every now and then... and you know that hit is a one hit ko...most of the time..

Also what is then decoy's purpose?

Invisibility?... area of effect attacks nullify that...

How about when Decoy dies, it casts a knockdown on all enemies within a 10 Meter radius.

It cant really be used as a panic button, but it draws fire and slows em down so you can kill em or make a run for it.

Edited by KeyBlades

some versions:

1 - decoy gains additional hp/shld/armor based on the base frame (ie if u r using redirection the decoy would have more shlds)as well as having 2/3/4/5x those stats (each rank of the augment mod)

the idea here is to just allow loki to build in a way that could potentially make a more resilient decoy

2 - decoy has a short invul phase, similar to frost's globe, additionally decoy detonates after it times out or dies and does dmg in a small radial aoe as well as KD/KB/ragdoll to nearby enemies, the dmg done would be based on the dmg the decoy received during its lifetime, then 2/3/4/5x (based on the rank of the augment) (also base aoe range should be tiny, like maybe 5-10m) [alternatively the decoy could have a blinding flash when killed, maybe a 10-20m range and short duration, 10 secs or so, maybe less if able to be enhanced]

each decoy is now a mini-absorb if u will, the decoy has the potential to still last for a few seconds even in high lvl content, and can reliably soft-cc enemies due to the KD/KB/ragdoll, the dmg is more of a fluff thing than anything else, but is based on how much it recieved anyways

3 - loki is able to cast multiple decoys, no change needed to the base power other than this

4 - decoy functions similar to a spectre using the exact gear that the base loki is using, including abilities (ie if u are geared with a dread/gammacor/bo the decoy would be as well), same duration limitation as base ability

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

I keep thinking it'd be nice if there were a Hard Light aug that gives his Decoy the ability to deal (reasonable) damage for his duration. It'd still die quick but it'd have slightly more use. I'd absolutely love CY12ERPUNK's number 4 idea more but I  think DE would think that's going too far.

or have it have something like "if loki would receive lethal damage, that damage is nullified and the decoy disappears instead"

as said, if you're getting hit as loki you're playing loki wrong, but there's always the stray bombard shooting your dumb teammate who loves to run by you, in this case you'd be saved from one bombard AoE. if you instead are running visible like a nutjob while getting gunned down, one bullet would be prevented and then the next one immediately after would kill you anyways.

A loki with quick thinking works wonderfully, especially along with primed flow (which I cannot use atm) or just flow without shield or health mod. I don't really see the need for the aug mod idea suggested for decoy.

You really only need about 7-12 seconds invisible, unless you're gonna solo, then you'd want as much duration as possible along with energy effiency.

If you're playing in a group, either in the void, fighting corpus or grineer, you should just focus on max range radial disarm, not stand still while shooting, learn to dodge, shoot while running and sliding etc etc.

Everyone has their own playstyle, almost 99% of lokis I run into always go full on invisible and that's okay, but I am that one loki who relies heavily on disarm with quick thinking and move around a lot, unless I solo.

Right now I see decoy fine the way it is, I won't even be using its aug mod simply because there's really no benefit to losing a special slot over another, unless they bring in more slots for augments.

Edited by saltygr33n

You should never get hit... but every Loki is hit every now and then... and you know that hit is a one hit ko...most of the time..

Also what is then decoy's purpose?

Invisibility?... area of effect attacks nullify that...

after you 4 and 3 his 1 is there to draw in enemies

Do you even quick thinking/prime flow bro?

What is quick thinking have to do with decoy?.... Bro?

... No.. Just... No

Surely you have a better idea... care to expose it?

How about WE not buff a frame tha's spammed to much already and is already OP as F***?

How is that augment make him op?... also...

Maybe if decoy had like -95 power duration

What the duck?... angry frame prime is on other topic i guess....