Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Skills Needs To Be Deactivated

Gr3vi3R

You know... you're probably the same kind of players that if I say a day before "Ember 4 is broken" you say "No it's not".

And in fact, it got nerfed.

In the way on how you are editing your comments here, i dont know where i am.

You was talking about 1 shot 4th skills, ember is not one shotting.

And about your old comment, "you dont even read" before you have make an "edit"..

Told us, what you mean with, deactivated?

You are the kind of player that like current PvP state and doesn't want it to change.

(Wich brings to the point of why are you even here)

Im here to help improving it.

We have different povs about who's a scrub.

Another mind reader how fun. Don´t pretend to know what my thougths on the game are when I haven´t told you them (spoiler: I don´t think that nothing should be changed)..

You may really think that you want to help to improve it but their is a difference between intention and result.

I also really don´t care about your povs on who´s a scrub. The issue here isn´t the word but the described behaviour - your refusal to adept and your attempt at shaming people into agreeing with you by calling gameplay you don´t like as abuse is someting I strongly object to.

Oh sorry, Ember were 2/3 shotting you while making a blind mess of your screen, so it was balanced and unrightfully nerfed.

Want me to be more clear? 4 Skills should not be allowed in PvP, period.

your refusal to adept and your attempt at shaming people into agreeing with you by calling gameplay you don´t like as abuse is someting I strongly object to.

I would accept others point of view if those were correlated to what I said.

But since people are answering to things that were never wrote... what are we arguing about?

I repeat, I respect his "Abilities Gameplay", in fact I do not want to remove all of them.

But 4 Skills just ruins this gameplay and do not bring any kind of balance at all, in fact, most of them are being constantly nerfed, proving that they are hard if not impossibile to balance.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

Oh sorry, Ember were 2/3 shotting you while making a blind mess of your screen, so it was balanced and unrightfully nerfed.

Want me to be more clear? 4 Skills should not be allowed in PvP, period.

But since people are answering to things that were never wrote... what are we arguing about?

I repeat, I respect his "Abilities Gameplay", in fact I do not want to remove all of them.

But 4 Skills just ruins this gameplay and do not bring any kind of balance at all, in fact, most of them are being constantly nerfed, proving that they are hard if not impossibile to balance.

As I say, how many times have to edit your comments? I dont know where i am... because it looks like i say nothing about the title...

Still waiting about what is "deactivated the 4th skills" if that is not a complete removal that dont let you use it...

Edited by Grimlock-

Exactly. But 1 skill out of 4 doesn't completely negate your "Abilities Gameplay" as you say, unless you're a coptering 4 spammer.

And about my "Edits" it's just adding, not changing.

Edited by Gr3vi3R

Exactly. But 1 skill out of 4 doesn't completely negate your "Abilities Gameplay" as you say, unless you're a coptering 4 spammer.

And about my "Edits" it's just adding, not changing.

As i say, you are asking for removal of skills... That make difference between warframes.

i am argueing about what you said:

I don't like abuses.

It's the same as defending Kogake even if I have an Handspring, implying its mandatory to play and it's the same as defending every other thing that gets nerfed the day after.

It's not me that have to adapt, it's you that need to admit it.

Though I guess no point in trying to hold you accoutnable for it since the moment when called out on it you seem to pretend like it never happend.

Soz...I've had this issue before with players using the energy hogging strategy...and I developed and successfully tested a strategy to counter that.

First, you make sure you equip the PvP mod that makes hit players visible on your mini-map.  Then you hunt them, and stay on top of them.  Since energy can be dropped by players, now, it adds incentive to take down players that are simply gathering energy for you.

Honestly, there's always going to be "that guy" who's energy hogging.  Shoot, I do it, too, but I usually run Valkyr and use Rip Line a ton because I love that pull.  It's especially satisfying when Rip Line is the deathblow.  That and Warcry.

As long as energy spawn pads are a thing, everyone has to stay mindful of their environment.  Unless DE decides it's better to just have every defeated player drop an energy and/or everyone just generates energy every few seconds like a form of energy siphon, control of map variables will be important.

If anyone doesn't want to have to adapt their strategies in order to take down different types of opponents, then that's a shame.

--------------

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and it seems most people here don't believe that players should be able to use powers or ults in PvP.

Personally, I hope DE just continues to balance and tweak each ability as it is seen necessary.  Volt's 4th got nerfed way back when to have a smaller AOE, and if you're not right next to them and there isn't terrible lag, it's still very possible to escape Overload.  Ember's WoF is also escapable, as is Excal's 4th, Frost's 4th, Mag's 4th, Chroma's 4th, Valkyr's 4th...pretty much every ultimate has opportunity to escape it in a split second.  Oberon's cannot be, but it also doesn't do enough damage to outright kill anyone.

The direction DE seems to be going is to make using powers as common as people using guns and blades.  With how opponents can drop energy they've gathered, and the mods to gain energy by KOs and replenishing all shields, it doesn't seem the use of powers is going anywhere any time soon.  Warframe abilities add a different dimension to the gun and blade play, which I wholeheartedly welcome.

Removing abilities, will effectively homogenize most of the available Warframes. That will eliminate a lot of choice for most players.

There have been a few posts that already explain how to counter your issue.

Don't be that guy with tunnel vision, working to get that next kill with only one of the options you have. Thats the issue I see here, and thats one of the bigger reasons a lot of people get outplayed.

btw, 60% reduction on blocking abilities + increased healing orbs and general nerf on #1 skills, abilities are going the same way with weapons: the one should combine with the other

Edited by rockscl

Abilities can't be balanced unless they're introduced to the game and actually play tested out in the wild.  Removing abilities that have been specifically introduced so that they can be worked on would be pointless.

Every once in awhile I get hit by an ultimate but the majority of my deaths are at the hands of a primary or a #1 skill + primary. 

Like it or not, coptering is part of the game.  This is why heavy melee weapons are useless.  They do not do enough damage to make up for the speed loss.  You cannot stand still to even scratch your butt.  Need to reload, do it while sliding. 

Stationary = dead.  Learn to copter or find a new pvp game.  I'm not trying to be rude, but this is not a battle your going to win. 

Abilities belong in Warframe PVP and I main Chroma.  Can you honestly complain about 1 of his skills?  Most need a buff and I realize I'd do better with other frames, but something about him I like...

Edited by Educated_Beast

> Copter the map

> Collect Energy Orbs

> Spam 4

Come on...

Especially after Energy Surge.

Sounds to me like the issue is with the energy system. I think it would be better if it worked off of energy siphon with a bar that doesn't reset with deaths.

There's like only four energy stations per map? And there's like eight players all looking for energies? And energies only spawn every 45 seconds?

From my experience, even with Excalibur and Bo Prime, running around to get energies to haul your ultimate is extremely inefficient and practically impossible with other players also seeking to get energies. Even if you camp for energy, other players will most likely outkill your count before you can get enough energy to ulti.

Edited by Twilight053

Moving aside the debate for a while, there is an upcoming skill that should be taken into extra consideration to not make it too overpowered: Excalibur's new Slash Dash, which now has homing to the nearest enemy. If that gets introduced into PVP with just a very slight decrease in damage, or none at all, then there is actual trouble. 

Moving aside the debate for a while, there is an upcoming skill that should be taken into extra consideration to not make it too overpowered: Excalibur's new Slash Dash, which now has homing to the nearest enemy. If that gets introduced into PVP with just a very slight decrease in damage, or none at all, then there is actual trouble. 

Already kinda mentioned this on the Slash Dash appreciation thread in this section *sarcasm*

The devs will have to definitely decrease the damage of the ability to be something closer to Oberon's 1st, and maintain Excal's vulnerability during the ability's execution.  Technically, the ability will cause Excal to zoom at any targets within a specific cone, which implies an auto-aim, which is similar in some aspects to Oberon's 1st.