Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Male Or Female Choice

dckid1994

What's wrong with having Gender choice for all frames? Including the primes, that would be cool to have! but that would also mean new animations, which would be even cooler to purchase for other frames!

SImple. Why create duplicates of frames we already have when we could have entirely new frames?

SImple. Why create duplicates of frames we already have when we could have entirely new frames?

We already get duplicates of our frames called primes, and some people pay a lot of money to obtain them. : / I don't think Gender should matter, I think the lore needs to be fixed and it's everywhere, I also want to quote the villian Ubisoft in that IF UBISOFT WOULDN'T GIVE US FEMALE ASSASSINS, (Reasons it would take months to change the animations)... WHY WOULD THEY DO IT IN DE!? :3 Being that De is smaller studio than Ubisofts tons of different studios.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

From a lore perspective, the sex/gender of your warframe has no relation whatsoever to the sex/gender of the Tenno you play as. Evidence even seems to indicate that Tenno can change their sex/gender at will.

Here's why:

It's been pretty much confirmed that Tenno are physical, humanoid beings that wear the warframes and can switch between them, due to quotes by the Lotus, Ordis, Sargas Ruk, Lech Kril, the bleed proc visual effect, the fact that we take bonus damage from Slash, Toxin, and Viral, and the out-of-frame Tenno in the cryopods on defense missions. Ordis warns you to be cautious when occupying the Limbo warframe, the quest lines have you collecting pieces of the Mirage and Chroma warframes to wear for yourself, Sargas Ruk and Lech Kril both say that there's flesh inside of the warframes, and we bleed when hit with bleed procs. The theory that the Tenno are energy beings, as well as the theory that Tenno can only use a single warframe, are both pretty much busted already. You play as one humanoid Tenno that switches between the warframes in your arsenal.

But then how do humanoid Tenno use both male and female warframes? There are three possibilities.
1. Tenno do not have a physical sex/gender, and the warframes only do because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
2. Tenno can use any warframe regardless of their sex/gender, and the warframes are only male/female because they were created in the image of their first wearer.
3. Tenno can change their physical sex/gender at will to fit which warframe they want to wear.

The third theory appears to be the most likely when you take a look at the Tenno in cryopods on defense missions, since all of the Tenno in cryo appear to be male. Would this mean that there are no female Tenno in existence? No, that can be proven false when you consider that the female warframes must have been made in the image of their first wearer. This means that Tenno must be capable of changing their sex/gender at will, and all switched to being male when they went into cryo for some reason, perhaps because being male would somehow help them withstand the cold better.

IF UBISOFT WOULDN'T GIVE US FEMALE ASSASSINS, (Reasons it would take months to change the animations)... WHY WOULD THEY DO IT IN DE!? :3 Being that De is smaller studio than Ubisofts tons of different studios.

I believe Jim Sterling did a Jimquisition on what a bunch of BS Ubisoft's poverty excuse for not having playable female characters in Assassin's Creed Unity is. He talked about other, smaller studios that stated that putting playable female characters in their game took almost no extra work at all.

I'm sorry but, why do people always have such a need to remake this thread every two weeks?

If anyone would care enough about this subject to use the search tool, they'd find the exact same thread about 20 times over (Wording may be different, but it's pretty much the same thread.)

They would see the official DE statement about this, the general populous response, and the discussion around it. And they'd have about 20+ threads to pick and read. There's literally no point in having anymore of the same exact thread. Especially when there's an official DE Statement answering the question.

I believe Jim Sterling did a Jimquisition on what a bunch of BS Ubisoft's poverty excuse for not having playable female characters in Assassin's Creed Unity is. He talked about other, smaller studios that stated that putting playable female characters in their game took almost no extra work at all.

Oh c'mooon... There already are 2 female assassins : the gyal from Liberation & the other one from Assassin's Creed in China...

What's next? There's no tenno in wheelchair so it's discrimination  towards disabled people?... -_-

More work for DE. people will likely not purchase both male and female so DE will be doing twice the work with the same return as one gender.

Since DE doesn't have gender roles, I.e. romance, or NPC interaction at all, let alone voice, there is no need for genders.

I'm sorry but, why do people always have such a need to remake this thread every two weeks?

If anyone would care enough about this subject to use the search tool, they'd find the exact same thread about 20 times over (Wording may be different, but it's pretty much the same thread.)

They would see the official DE statement about this, the general populous response, and the discussion around it. And they'd have about 20+ threads to pick and read. There's literally no point in having anymore of the same exact thread. Especially when there's an official DE Statement answering the question.

well said Edited by Lightsmith

Oh c'mooon... There already are 2 female assassins : the gyal from Liberation & the other one from Assassin's Creed in China...

What's next? There's no tenno in wheelchair so it's discrimination  towards disabled people?... -_-

SJWism REALLY needs to die already. That fad is wearing out its welcome fast imo.

The only gender swap i want, is Ash to a female. Ash as a female was both badass and DAMN sexy!! Why DE, did you change it?

Ash_Female_Concept.png

This would be the only frame id like to see be able to gender swap but that aint happening.... we are getting valkyr skin wich is close enough tho.

I cant imagine a female rhino or vauban 

nor can I imagine a male saryn or banshe

with out them looking rediculous..

I love the frames from what they are... if I want to be a big wreking machine I pick rhino for the males and if I want to look pretty while I tear sh** up I take valkyr xD

SJWism REALLY needs to die already. That fad is wearing out its welcome fast imo.

Yeah, the female Ash is amazing! They'd make tons of plats if they add it!

And SJW is counter-productive as Hek : I'm black but I don't feel offended if I don't see any black people in a franchise...(apart from the recent film with Christian Bale in Pharaonic Egypt: It doesn't make any sense. :p )

Edited by unknow99

This thread keep being made because the desire for player avatar customisation never dies.

It is such a common thing in games that you can't really blame players for asking why warframe do not give you that choice.

And the fact is that the developers, at this point in time, prefer to creating new warframes.

I bet if there was big reasons like story and Lore and a huge popular demand, they would change their minds.

Right now though I think we do not get to play a Supergirl, Spiderwoman, Batgirl or She-Hulk because the Lore and backstory of the Tenno and warframes are not set in stone yet.

If Steve said that there can never be a female Frost since the Orokin only made 1 Original of each type and each type was worn by a Tenno original pilot, in other words they built the rhino around a male; this would settle that.

But leave the genderbender issue.

Nyx wears the male Nemesis skin. Why not Loki or Ash? Becauase DE wanted that skin on Nyx's model.

4 frames at the start should be implemented, honestly remove volt replace him with loki again and add ember as a starter frame. Better yet

Volt,Frost,Ember,Valkyr should be the intro characters. Why?

Volt = Caster (Male)

Ember = Caster (Female)

Frost = Tank (Male)

Valkyr = Tank (Female)

Each of these frames also have what new players need. But we all know warframe can't trade out their special snowflake Excalibur

Yeah, the more I think about it the more I like it. As I added in my edit, there's also the Clan Tech angle, so, similar to Volt, she would be available as a starter and clan tech only. Plus having 4 starters makes good sense for a few other reasons besides gender parity, a squad is 4 members, if 4 new friends start at the same time (it can happen) this way all 4 can have a unique starter frame.

Yes, definetly.

However, in this case I'd vow to replace Mag with Ember. Mag is more of a support frame with her shield polarize abilities and her CC-Oriented "Crush", and with mag and banshee we would have 2 female support frames. Ember, as a more offensive-oriented fire caster, would pose a fitting supplement for volt, as a more versatile, all-around shock-caster, while banshee and excalibur would share their "offensive with a little slice of stealth" kit.

Yes, definetly.

However, in this case I'd vow to replace Mag with Ember. Mag is more of a support frame with her shield polarize abilities and her CC-Oriented "Crush", and with mag and banshee we would have 2 female support frames. Ember, as a more offensive-oriented fire caster, would pose a fitting supplement for volt, as a more versatile, all-around shock-caster, while banshee and excalibur would share their "offensive with a little slice of stealth" kit.

I disagree with Ember being added.  She would make the beginning too easy with how fast she kills things once she has World on Fire.

Banshee would make things easier but she still requires other people to play with her, Ember?  Nah, WoF baby.  She runs ahead while the other three just loot stuff.  That's pretty unbalanced.