The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Valkyr Skin

S3EK3R

You know...i've seen some of other peoples renders of Valkyr pre-corpus on deviant art.

I'm scared of the one eyed willy idea of Valkyr now.

Good thing she's not one eyed then. Only in fan-concepts.

Well, unless they encounter infested Alad before the normal Alad.

In the setup you describe, each new player will need a New Tenno Quests-missions.

Vor, Liset, Archwing, Alad, Zanuka, G3, Stalker, Infested Alad, etc.

It breaks if Taxi is still a thing in starchart 3, I still hate that there exist multiple versions.of a boss at the same time.

Of course it breaks if you skip content. In MMO's there is a convention where level=time. And in Warframe "level" is mostly starchart progress.

We don't _need_ new quests (though it would be nice). The idea people can pop backwards and forwards in time (or even repeat events) is built into the game mechanic/style. If you want the progression to be linear than don't skip content.

Locking players out of content is always a mistake it just separates people. Also killing historical content is a mistake unless the content hasn't aged well, hence I doubt the existence of (and don't like) the idea of Valkyr acquisition changing.

Edited by SilentMobius

Hmm. Well, see the new star chart might be built like this.

1) choose mission type.

2) choose Alad V Zanuka Questline.

3) choose Alad V Mesa Questline

Since nodes will dissapear/be random I think replayable quests and events and sliders and checkboxes on each node will be necessary.

The progression as we know it have to be baked into a string of missions: quests in order to still work.

So I guess we both win.

You know...i've seen some of other peoples renders of Valkyr pre-corpus on deviant art.

I'm scared of the one eyed willy idea of Valkyr now.

What do you mean? I don't get it as there are very few renders of pre-corpus Valkyr on DA.

^LOL

This skin makes me think that a prime version might be coming at the end of the year. So players can never say that they had the prime but not the pre-corpus. Now we'll have both!!.... hopefully :P

valkyr prime with pre-corpus skin slapped? :P

valkyr prime with pre-corpus skin slapped? :P

Looking at the design style of the recent primes I think that a Valkyr Prime would indeed use a non-vivisected base mesh. Have a look at the pre-render of Nyx Prime:

ICYLUOE.jpg

Everything in purple there uses the standard Nyx mesh, allowing texture-based "skins" to just work, leaving the "prime bits" alone. So I'm very much of the opinion that perhaps Mynki has some ideas for Valkyr Prime and wants someone to build a non-vivisected version for him to build on.

We all know that there are two female Primes coming after Ash, but what if it's not the xpected Trinity and Banshee? What if DE pulls another Nova Prime and slots in one of the later Warframes?

We all know that there are two female Primes coming after Ash, but what if it's not the xpected Trinity and Banshee? What if DE pulls another Nova Prime and slots in one of the later Warframes?

I'd be cool with that.

Looking at the design style of the recent primes I think that a Valkyr Prime would indeed use a non-vivisected base mesh. Have a look at the pre-render of Nyx Prime:

ICYLUOE.jpg

Everything in purple there uses the standard Nyx mesh, allowing texture-based "skins" to just work, leaving the "prime bits" alone. So I'm very much of the opinion that perhaps Mynki has some ideas for Valkyr Prime and wants someone to build a non-vivisected version for him to build on.

Thanks for the image, and yes that sound about right.

Ok gotta share this model here. I gave her a tail and I am very qurious to hear what you make of the look.

Will it be to much, or do you embrace these kind of things in the future?

valkyrtail1_by_gaber111-d8xypvg.jpg

I think it CAN look great, but allso a bit weird.

Ok gotta share this model here. I gave her a tail and I am very qurious to hear what you make of the look.

It looks amazing! But ever since someone said that could be a braid I'm having trouble seeing as a tail, lol. I'm sure will be badass no matter what it is!!

Great job!! :)

It looks amazing! But ever since someone said that could be a braid I'm having trouble seeing as a tail, lol. I'm sure will be badass no matter what it is!!

Great job!! :)

Then my work here is done

*lazily rolls off bed and flops onto the floor*

<snip>

Man that tail looks weird... Missing the head-thingy, though it IS a fairly minor detail...

Your modeling skills never cease to amaze. Hopefully DE (or someone) will hire you (Disclaimer: this statement is made under the assumption you are not already currently working as a 3D modeler for some company who uses said occupation in their product.)

Thank you for that compliment, Morec0! I am just a hobbyist for the time being, learning more as I go.

It's the creative process that fuels my fire, something I know you understand.

The tail, what can I say? It was night, sleep beckoned and I just stopped before I messed it up completely.

I still will try to do braids instead, two that meet in the small of the back and ends in the tail as we see it. Or two free ones. Or tail and braids.

We'll see.

Allso: Mynki. Show us your stuff allready! I'm dying here!

Ugh, that tail! My dinner just presented itself to the floor.

The tail looks awkward and out of place.

Besides that that frame looks much bulkier than Valkyr. She's more lithe than what is presented here.

Edited by f3llyn

The tail looks awkward and out of place.

Besides that that frame looks much bulkier than Valkyr. She's more lithe than what is presented here.

Yes, the bulk is mine. I still hope the restored model will be more armored then the experiment, and the concept art hint at this.

But well see.

I will do a posed model with braids trailing behind, let's see how that feels :)

Edited by arch111