The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Valkyr Skin

S3EK3R

If Steve said there is 2 weeks of work. That could mean a few things.

1) New Rig

2) New animations

3) New Powers (unlikely)

4) Preparation for further skins and a Prime version.

I mean, a few weeks is plenty of time for this model.

If Steve said there is 2 weeks of work. That could mean a few things.

1) New Rig

2) New animations

3) New Powers (unlikely)

4) Preparation for further skins and a Prime version.

I mean, a few weeks is plenty of time for this model.

no one ever said a specific amount of weeks just that he expects that it could be a few weeks. they started with making it about 4 weeks ago on a dev stream. A few weeks means for me under a month (which cant be certain since steve only guessed it himself)

Edited by Hellfire616

I've always wanted a tail on valkyr, ever since the bug with the infested whip weapon that would glitch and extend by itself while holstered. It would be nice not to have to see those dang intrusive white blocks on her arms.

Edited by Bestfly

I've always wanted a tail on valkyr, ever since the bug with the infested whip weapon that would glitch and extend by itself while holstered. It would be nice not to have to see those dang intrusive white blocks on her arms.

they arent white with the immortal skin ;) but i can understand not wanting to pay 40p just to remove that

Hoping that if this is just a skin, that it'll be a perm addition to the shop and not a limited time one. I mean I've missed several times for skins like the Proto excal or nemi nyx all because I didn't have money atm to dump into WF. Q.Q

Hoping that if this is just a skin, that it'll be a perm addition to the shop and not a limited time one. I mean I've missed several times for skins like the Proto excal or nemi nyx all because I didn't have money atm to dump into WF. Q.Q

Yea i missed the nemesis skin too, but well that happens and the skins are bound to be reappearing. (proto excal was 3 times for sale already)

this skin is quite bothering me as i really like valkyr (favourite model in the game besides nyx) and the concept art is good in itself but compared to the possibilities it's potentially horribly bland.

i like the sleek and powerful body shape but it's not valkyr's so it doesn't belong, i don't see how stripping that frame shape down could result in the current valkyr.

i think the body should mostly be the same but more built up, but that's not an issue compared to the blandness and lack of detail in this concept.

what really bothers me the most is the possibility of the plain dome-like face that we saw in the livestream helmet modelling.

the general shaping is great and spot-on in ways, but the smoothness instead of jagged, sharp, effecient edges and the lack of detail and lack intricacy with the design is boring:

690a1936696a2e8868318df49a6d1307.png

i really hope it won't look as simplistic as this. it looks great and it was a display of great skill and artsmanship, but valkyr deserves better imo.

those smooth flowing lines and rounded edges and simplicity just doesn't suit valkyr imo. it should have some jutting, sharp edges and more of a layered design.

for a google image search this concept ofr example is more like how i imagine the helmet would look good, but even more intricate:

newval1_by_gaber111-d8vdqk6.png

i also don't like the idea of that styling at the back of the helmet we saw in the livestream modelling being like some everquest 2-kerra-style silly dangly egyptian stuff. it neither looks built for combat or worthwhile overstyling, it's just dull and i find it to look silly and out of place.

i think the parts at the back of the helmet should be more pointy, sharp, technology styled - again, like what we can see from the above fan-made concept (i'm assuming it is).

such as those sharp pointy ears/horns i think look great and far better suit the devil/feline theme.

Edited by tibits

this skin is quite bothering me as i really like valkyr (favourite model in the game besides nyx) and the concept art is good in itself but compared to the possibilities it's potentially horribly bland.

i like the sleek and powerful body shape but it's not valkyr's so it doesn't belong, i don't see how stripping that frame shape down could result in the current valkyr.

i think the body should mostly be the same but more built up, but that's not an issue compared to the blandness and lack of detail in this concept.

what really bothers me the most is the possibility of the plain dome-like face that we saw in the livestream helmet modelling.

the general shaping is great and spot-on in ways, but the smoothness instead of jagged, sharp, effecient edges and the lack of detail and lack intricacy with the design is boring:

690a1936696a2e8868318df49a6d1307.png

i really hope it won't look as simplistic as this. it looks great and it was a display of great skill and artsmanship, but valkyr deserves better imo.

those smooth flowing lines and rounded edges and simplicity just doesn't suit valkyr imo. it should have some jutting, sharp edges and more of a layered design.

for a google image search this concept ofr example is more like how i imagine the helmet would look good, but even more intricate:

newval1_by_gaber111-d8vdqk6.png

i also don't like the idea of that styling at the back of the helmet we saw in the livestream modelling being like some everquest 2-kerra-style silly dangly egyptian stuff. it neither looks built for combat or worthwhile overstyling, it's just dull and i find it to look silly and out of place.

i think the parts at the back of the helmet should be more pointy, sharp, technology styled - again, like what we can see from the above fan-made concept (i'm assuming it is).

such as those sharp pointy ears/horns i think look great and far better suit the devil/feline theme.

I do agree with what you said about the helmet but also i kinda think that the current helmet that they are going for is also quite good and for the body i do no based on the concept art it looks awesome but we don't know yet and this skins are meant to change look of the Frame a lot just look at nyx and excal and over all if you just dont like the helmet u can change it and nobody is forcing you to by it right i mean i love nyx but i hate the skin soooo...... yea im shure that enleast 20% of people that Valkyr is their favorite frame aren't going to by it cos they love the current Valkyr look and that's fine personaly i love the skin based on what we have seen

There is a pyra prime syandana ???!?!!!!!!?

prime access accessory pack on the prime just before nove iirc.... or on nova itself don't remember - anyway - for a moment being unobtainable anymore (came with shiny prime sigil)

on topic though - lets not forget that mynki haven't finished that helmet on the stream - it may have hellalot more details on release....

prime access accessory pack on the prime just before nove iirc.... or on nova itself don't remember - anyway - for a moment being unobtainable anymore (came with shiny prime sigil)

on topic though - lets not forget that mynki haven't finished that helmet on the stream - it may have hellalot more details on release....

yea come on he i think was don like 60% with the helmet its probably ganna look way more awsome

Personally I think every thing they currently make is inspired by the Sentient-design. This one is allso quite alien looking and remind me of Equinox, hardly coinsidence.

good point but im pretty shure they tried to make pre corpus valkyr look like Zenuka cose its literally the same armor Zenukas and Valkyrs 8P

The wait is over. We now know what Valkyr looked like before Corpus got their hands on her.

I tried my best to guess her appearance and I must say I am proud of what I did.

newvalkyr_by_gaber111-d96m9vx.jpg

One thing is for sure, I see no cat in this what-so-ever. Demon yes, cat no.

And as good designers as they are at DE, I wish they had altered her body a bit more than this.

Those goat-ears in the back of the head though ... what ARE they?

Edited by arch111

The tail....why......? It looks so out of place and not good. And those ears..?

Those new images from the official version are kind of killing any interest I had this new Valkyr Skin.

Those images of the temple guardian Rhino and the new Trinity skin though. Those are amazing.

Edited by f3llyn

Tail I do not mind....

However....I'm hoping Corpus wrist restraints are couoled with Valky's Bonds allowing them to be colored independently (Current Immortal Skin partially allows this*)

Might still be using Kara+Bonds but on new Valkyr skin....

17.5 with Valkyr Skin, Valkyr ability QOL update, and Mios are too far away....