Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Straw Poll] What Should Be The Fate Of Stamina?

Buzkyl

Well maybe like the devs from Dying Light did. theres a stamina bar for running and another for melee , but well in the end when u level to the max level of the skills theres no more stamina bars just infinite stamina, soooo remove it completely

Edited by MrKage

I like the channel mods for melee that help recover stamina, and stamina builds for my Warframe. I could face tank my way through 35-45 level heavies pretty well. I think with some tweaking, especially with regard to movement it could work pretty well. My biggest issue, was I couldn't really fit all of them into a single build.

I voted to remove it completely but I do admit I would be ok with it remaining as resource for blocking (assuming blocking gets a thorough rework as well) and melee charge attacks. For movement and basic melee attacks stamina is pointless. 

I like the Witcher way of blocking, say we make it so that it doesn't drain Stamina when you block IF you block at the moment you get hit, that is how you will counter attack as well.

This, and I'd also like it to drain when charge attacks are used (with a cap on how much stamina must be had before you can initiate another one).

get rid of it. its pure crap that have you have to sacrifice benefits to your powers range,efficiency, strength, or duration just to have more stamina when the enemies outclass all abilities without benefits, even at mid level enemies. 

when S#&$ hits the fan and your team decides to bug out, and since stamina drains way too easily, you run out of stamina and end up getting your &#! made grass in under two seconds and then your team has to risk getting killed just save you. 

to me, it feels like a cheap tactic to get you killed in order to force to use revives, which forces you spend money. i think what they should do is remove it completely, or add another slot on all war frames so we can throw the stamina increase mod on there. 

the kubrows and sentinels have 10 mod slots, and are way more powerful than we are at times. so why can't we have ten slots? idk about anyone else, but a lot of the war frames have either completely useless powers or are worthless to begin with, along with over 90% of the weapons that are the market.

and thats another thing: why are all of the faction based weapons that we can use, suck dirt. but when the enemies use them, their able to drop us in under three seconds? just curious thought here, and even better, why do they bother adding new weapons that work amazingly when realized….. only for DE to nerf them??? if their gonna do that, why bother adding weapons at all? 

somethings in this game don't make sense to me, but then again….. destiny tried to be what war frame is….. and there are more weapon nerfs in destiny than I've ever seen in triple A game…. maybe I'm over thinking things.

http://strawpoll.me/4497134

With parkour 2.0 coming up on latest devstream (53) the possibility (not guarantee) that stamina as we know i will be removed completely (quoting scott: "I %&$#ing hate that green bar"). So i created this straw poll to gauge the general consensus of the forum on this topic.

Either remove it completely or rework it, as of now the only time I actually keep an eye on my stamina is when I am wall running (which I barely ever do) Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

I like the Witcher way of blocking, say we make it so that it doesn't drain Stamina when you block IF you block at the moment you get hit, that is how you will counter attack as well.

This, and I'd also like it to drain when charge attacks are used (with a cap on how much stamina must be had before you can initiate another one).

In a game of automatic weapons and continuous fire, that seems horribly unfeasible.

But I'm of the mind to remove it completely a rework the blocking mechanic - a set time duration of blocking depending on the melee weapon would work, then mods could be introduced to affect it and builds could be designed around that.

i'll just C/P from a thread i opened myself a few months ago: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/375688-remove-stamina/

The reason that Stamina should be removed is that it does add jackS#&$.

Warframe is a game about space ninjas running and gunning everything down, parcouring all over the place, utilizing other awesome ways of fighting through the melee stance system, so, in its core, as i like to call this type of game, a stimulation slot machine. It simply feels good to do all that badassery you would not be able to in real life due to physical rules such as gravity.

Many people claim that stamina severely hampers the gameplay, let's go in a little further on this statement;

Sprinting, Wallrunning and Melee Fighting rely on stamina. Since our choice in mods is limited, most people go with skill empowering mods such as continuity, intensify or blind rage, or defensive mods such as redirection, vitality, steel fiber, Vigor, Quick Thinking or Rage to ensure they use stuff that lessens their risk to die in the moments they are bound to not doing badass stuff like exploiting the hitscan mechanic to shoot enemies from behind a wall. this limits the slots that are free for mods that give you more possibilites to DO badass stuff such as quick rest or marathon.Instead, players use exploits to the mechanic such as coptering to bypass the stamina-system and to not be bound by the limitation of your sprinting endurance to move faster.

Warframe is also not a very hard game if you got the right warframes, the right weapons and the right mod-setups for them.

With all of this taken into consideration, Warframe is putting a Death-Sentence upon itself with the stamina-system because it limits the "good feeling" that the game can convey to the player.

The same mistake is done by a lot of modern military multiplayer FPS Games where basically the only source of stimulation is levelling up your S#&$. They kill this source by putting unreal timesinks upon you to do exactly this, so you do not feel stimulated but rather annoyed and/or relieved when you finally get that damn level.

Edited by Spoof310

They are very few good reasons to keep stamina in the system altogether in terms of longevity or even just short term goals. Perhaps there are better solutions out there, but right now removing it seems like it would be worthwhile.