Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes A Warframe Player A Veteran

(PSN)geraldy19

A lot of people are really confused between veteran and expert concepts.

Veteran is someone that has a lot of playtime on his shoulders and has experienced a lot in his warframe life.

To me, someone that has 100 hours and plays good and knows a lot of checking solely the wiki is not a veteran, he's just a good player, that's all.

Veteran =/= Pro

This.

According to 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/veteran

"a person of long experience usually in some occupation or skill (as politics or the arts)"

So it doesn't necessarily mean that the player is the best.

the question then is, why are you asking?

Don't ask me for proof, but what I can tell from experience, is that the range of MR that holds most of the best players I ran with is 12-15.

These are guys that:

- Don't have all the weapons, but the ones they have they are proficient with, and they're forma'd to the teeth

- Have most, or all frames, since their experience shows that is the practice that gives you most flexibility, you can play any part, in any game, to benefit yourself, and the team, and that's why they are generally not lower than 12

- Don't bother to play with things just for MR, like AW if the don't like it

I do know some MR18 and MR19 that are just as good.

I don't think it has much to do with how good someone is, not directly anyway. A Warframe veteran to me would be someone who has seen pretty much everything the game has to offer over a long period of time and knows everything there is to know. You'd like to imagine this would mean every vet is an expert player, but not necessarily.

Truth, which is actually a good thing. I've had my low conclave prevent me from entering groups on a number of occasions even though I make up for my lack of peak DPS/conclave gear with skill. Not trying to brag, but I know what I'm capable of while wielding even a Skana with good mods.

Why not just bring a better weapon? I mean, if you have magical skills that can make a Skana worth bringing, that same magic could be applied to a better melee weapon. Copypaste that same argument for the rest of your gear.

In my eyes, it's someone who's got little left to do aside from wait for updates, events or a weapon / warframe to build in their Foundry. The question's not if you're good, it's whether you're a veteran - the two are closely linked in almost everything but aren't the same thing.

Why not just bring a better weapon? I mean, if you have magical skills that can make a Skana worth bringing, that same magic could be applied to a better melee weapon. Copypaste that same argument for the rest of your gear.

Bringing optimized gear forces me to subconsciously rely on my gear more than my skill which has diminishing returns.

I'm not saying I bring in low tier gear and make that work for me, I just bring in gear I'm comfortable with as opposed to the best in slot that most players seem to prefer.

Since you're searching for opinions that thread has 6 pages worth.

Awww really? BooooHooooHooo he didn't use the search engine maybe I should remind him there is one well sorry to break it to you but this is a forum I do as I please search, ask whatever don't like the way I did it? Sounds like you got bigger problems

When you have a firm grasp on the game and are able to play it without spamming 4 or using weapons akin to the Amprex to kill everything without needing to really aim at them.

Also when you're able to demonstrate useful knowledge to new players in an informative way that shows how long you've been in the game (ie. Not bragging about something or saying what weapons "are the best", but giving recommendations that will allow them to find their own style of gameplay)

-----

Mastery Rank has little-to-nothing to do with veteran status outside of credibility of how long you've played. By itself, it doesn't mean much, but if I were to see a MR5 talk about the Gradivus days, I don't know if I'd be entirely sold on how much that player participated in it. If they was MR12+, I'd be more inclined to take them seriously.

If you can finish NM raid with only 4-5 players, you are a veteran player (in my view)

No. Please don't tell me you are one of those elitists.

I have not done any raids because frankly their rewards are lacking and I do not have an adequate group to play with. 

To me it is all about how long you have played this game. Anyone that has played constantly for over a year is a veteran. Even then seniority rules. 

Bringing optimized gear forces me to subconsciously rely on my gear more than my skill which has diminishing returns.

I'm not saying I bring in low tier gear and make that work for me, I just bring in gear I'm comfortable with as opposed to the best in slot that most players seem to prefer.

Hail Braton Prime.

Usually one thing to notice is their aura mod.

vets tend to bring :

- Corrosive Projection

- Energy Siphon

- Enemy Radar

Atleast that what i think. :)

Add Rejuvenation to that list, having an Aura to passively heal the team is awesome, specially in higher level Grineer.... freaking Slash procs.

Awww really? BooooHooooHooo he didn't use the search engine maybe I should remind him there is one well sorry to break it to you but this is a forum I do as I please search, ask whatever don't like the way I did it? Sounds like you got bigger problems

And you just lost all credibility with that way of speech.

It's not importand who can you call a veteran player.Why are you even bother??

Just play the game, have fun, don't become a plat grinder or must have everything best now so i will be the best so i buying this. Earn everything with some effort, get knowledge to not be confused with something in game and boom...one day you will be a veteran

What makes a veteran a veteran?

Well they can copter and melee-fling like mad

200.gif

200.gif

They roll with a tough crowd

200.gif

200.gif

They're not afraid of the lime light

200.gif

They know how to take out the trash

200.gif

They know how to make the haters hate

200.gif

They know how to relax and keep their cool

200.gif

And they know that sometimes the classics are the best

200.gif

Not sure about the actual definition of veteran, the important part is that after everything is said and done, my picture is on the veteran wiki-page.... :P

Veteran or not, I like playing with people who not only know what they are doing, but are nice and help others. And there are some of those people out here, that's all that is important to me :)

You're right, Loki is the best.

I'm glad you agree with me. It's unfortunate that the character was called Excalibur rather than Loki, but the effectiveness of the reference wasn't degraded all that much, considering the upcoming Excal rework. ;)