Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets Admit Mistakes We Did As A Low Player.

rechot

Not sure if you're trying to be ironic now. A huge number of the items in your 'big list' thread have been addressed. I actually started to respond to each one on your list, but so many have been addressed that it's too long. Here's some though.

- Removal of all ability mods from all drop tables, unless secondary abilities will be added that people can find. (Done) Augments are not secondary abilities, but they at least removed them from the tables.

- Giving frames a noticeably different feeling when playing them. (attempting this with passives like Zephyr's) Didn't 'attempt' hard enough.

- Replacing the Corpus Ship tileset with one that is similar or better in diversity than the Orokin Derelict map. (Europa tileset) Outdated Corpus Ship set is still there.

- Weapons that play differently, not shoot/chop differently. (tonnes of these recently, although generally dismissed for being 'gimmicky') I'll give you this one.

- Smoother and more complex mobility. (watch the last few devstreams for parkour updates) I saw them. It's just adding some vertical variance to the existing sticky wallrun code. No one seems to understand that the movement code needs to be completely rewritten from the ground up.

- More than one way to get from room to room (i.e vents). (parkour 2.0 was stated to open up much more tileset opporunities) Not what I was getting at. Interconnecting rooms and some sort of ventilation network connecting other rooms was what I was trying to say.

- Rework of all existing tilesets to promote exploration and skill. (Syndicate medallion hunting) Adding a few Syndicate Medallion Entities to existing rooms does not count as a rework of existing tilesets.

- A better tutorial. (Vor's prize) True. Better than what we've had before.

- A total overhaul of the Infested, both visually and mechanically. (Mutalist units, plus Ceres tileset) Three infested mobs have been using the exact same model for over a year and a half, and have not remotely changed in that time.

- Return of Raid missions. Mechanically different from Capture missions. (Done, Tubemen of Regor is the pre-view) Refer to my topic on Mission Depth. That is what Raid missions should be.

- Removal, replacement, or rework of Rescue missions (coming soon, I know). (Done) Not exactly a rework, but it's not much better either.

- More and better faction vs. faction. Stalker is apparently friends with the Grineer. (Done) Back before even the Gravidus Dilemma... It still sucks, but at least we have plenty of it now.

- Stalker fixes and variants. (Said to be getting an overhaul now) I've lost count of how many "overhauls" the Stalker has received over the years.

- Star map expansion (more nodes on existing planets, or adding multiple missions per node). (lol...) What I was originally trying to get at was all mission types being available for all tilesets.

- Expansion for enemies in all factions. (Done) Eh, more like trying to cram as many enemy types into one unit as possible.

- Level and/or map based enemies (Done, enemies like Prosecuter) Now to balance them all.

- Unique boss rooms for each boss. (slowly coming true) Took a while, but yes.

- Mini-bosses. (Sprag, Venkra-tel, Lynx, Corrupted Vor, more) Took long enough, but spike damage and hitscan weapons are not the way to do it.

- Per-player "campaign"; missions scattered throughout the star-map (a good way to tell the lore). (Done) Quests are not Campaigns. Lore needs to be normalized first.

- Slightly faster leveling. (lol... Done) Not from what I've seen.

- Assets within missions that provide large amounts of Affinity. (Spy 2.0) All missions. Not just Spy.

- Smarter host selection and host exemption options. (Done) Haven't played with randoms in forever, nor do I want to. Netcode has gotten better, though.

- Optimizations to everything. (always being worked on) Optimizations at the cost of dark environments and reliance on color correction.

- More Physx effects. (Done) The only exclusive Physx effects in the game have been the Apex Particles. Cloth physics are not Physx.

- An actual use for blocking, modded and unmodded. (Done) Melee was a lot smoother before U13, and a lot more satisfying. No one used blocking because it had literally no use.

Yes, most of the list has been addressed, but some of the important problems still haven't been touched since Open Beta release such as, but not limited to:

- Grineer Seekers (and similar units) dealing disproportionately high damage.

- Redirection, Vitality, etc. still increase the wrong value.

- Switch Teleport still on Grineer Commanders (as far as I'm aware).

- Auto-Rolling

- Rebalance of all Market prices

- etc...

That thread was made back in October of 2013 some time after U10 but before U11. I had more faith in the devs back then; Warframe was still young, still had that potential to be great. DE squandered their potential by making the puddle wider and wider. The game never had and never will have any depth. DE lost that chance over the course of two years from the launch of Open Beta all the way up to today. The puddle is far too wide to consider adding any depth to it.

-Buy plastid with plats to built kronen because argon crystal about to expired

-I thought relay is a reqruiting channel and not realized the existences of chat tab

-Failed MR1 test 4 times because I'm too sucks at using mk1 paris

I transmuted my starting Redirection mod thinking I would get an op god mode mod lol. I played for 3 months on Lares trying to get it back. This was a blessing though. I learned The art of survival faster than I would have if I had one to rank up.

I started playing warframe one week before the Breeding Grounds event and I thought you had to pay to do alert missions so I never did it. I cry every time I see the prova vandal missing in my codex.

Yes, most of the list has been addressed, but some of the important problems still haven't been touched since Open Beta release such as, but not limited to:

- Grineer Seekers (and similar units) dealing disproportionately high damage.

- Redirection, Vitality, etc. still increase the wrong value.

- Switch Teleport still on Grineer Commanders (as far as I'm aware).

- Auto-Rolling

- Rebalance of all Market prices

- etc...

That thread was made back in October of 2013 some time after U10 but before U11. I had more faith in the devs back then; Warframe was still young, still had that potential to be great. DE squandered their potential by making the puddle wider and wider. The game never had and never will have any depth. DE lost that chance over the course of two years from the launch of Open Beta all the way up to today. The puddle is far too wide to consider adding any depth to it.

Redirection and Vitality go off base values not lvl 30 values. Which is intended.

Edited by Avenwing

I know you're trying to be sarcastic, but considering the thread is 'mistakes we did as a low player' you probably shouldn't be giving feedback until you have a decent grasp of the game.

What if he's not? Also he knows its a mistake for giving feedback about the game as a low level player, hence the statement.

What if he's not? Also he knows its a mistake for giving feedback about the game as a low level player, hence the statement.

Did you read the message of mine that you quoted? That's what I say. 

All I meant was the vague concept of 'giving feedback' is not a mistake.

So.... your criticism is they didn't address your gargantuan list of changes fast enough? Wow... that's not entitled at all...

Yeah, Warframe has its problems, but to contribute that to "they didn't singlehandedly listen to my feedback 100%" is just delusional. Anyways, I suppose we're getting off-topic to I'll not say more on the subject.

When I was new I revived 4 times in one mission. I didn't quite grasp the concept of survival.

I also never modded my first warframe and never used its powers. It was Loki, so he was extra squishy.

And then I tried running a T1D. Couldn't make it to wave 5.

Biggest noob mistake I made was to quit playing Warframe (back when Loki was still a starter frame) simply because it was too confusing. I couldn't figure out the star-chart and didn't understand the basics since there was no real tutorial for new players. I even remember a few of my friends trying to get into it ended up quitting just as quickly as I did. I came back right around when Archwing & Limbo came out, incredibly relieved that the interface didn't suck anymore.

I started playing during the Informant event,

played for like  7 days,

took a break for 12+ months,

came back December 2014,

realized I missed Snipetron,

realized I missed Sipetron Vandal,

realized I missed the opportunity to be a founder,

realized I missed Targis Prime

Now I cry myself  to sleep every night.

I failed the test of Mastery Rank 1 three times, because i thought its not allowed to leave the "spawn circle"...

The circle has a heavy graphical effect... i thought it must be important. 

Standing in the middle without any cover (or usefull mods) wasnt a good strategy

i pushed it a bit furher and passed it at third try, with braton (not mk-1) and not leaving circle

wen just started....made srration on rank 10 and sold it....to get some plat after that i played with pistol long time until i not made another one........

i don't see why it's bad thing. Now else than paying with cash new players are to obtain much needed plat for slots? And don't get me started on selling prime parts. With few exeptions no1 is buying them for more than 1-5 plat. Not to mention that gazilion of WTS spam in chat.

On the other hand selling r10 serration brings healthy amount of plat without spending days uppon days on market, at amount which is enough for some time. And ranking next one to.. let's say r7 is quite cheap and for most content more than enough. Sold my first r10 serration and going to sell next as soon as i rank it up to 10.

My first day playing, I didn't know what the life support was about since you start out in a survival. 
I used the LS every time it spawned. 
Then I realized I dun fricked up. 
*facedesk* 

but i mean. i was always at 100% ;D 

I used unranked mods pretty far into the star chart, I can't remember where though. I also didn't realize bosses always dropped the same warframe parts. I thought every boss could drop any warframe. I kept checking my inventory thinking it was weird I was getting one part of each warframe except for oberon. I avoided Dark sectors because I didn't really know what they were, thought it was some kind of PvP thing. Turns out they are decent for xp/creds/resources now without any tax.

Biggest noob mistake I made was to quit playing Warframe (back when Loki was still a starter frame) simply because it was too confusing. I couldn't figure out the star-chart and didn't understand the basics since there was no real tutorial for new players. I even remember a few of my friends trying to get into it ended up quitting just as quickly as I did. I came back right around when Archwing & Limbo came out, incredibly relieved that the interface didn't suck anymore.

i quit at first too. All these vets lamenting about the old UI and starchart, as a new player it was all very confusing and off putting. It all felt like to much to learn for very little gain.

Im glad i quit at that time though, i came back to a much better game.