The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop With That Stupid Damage Cap.

Vance.Stubbs

i play with an excal, dragon nikana and a lex prime. No main weapon, rarely a sentinel/kubrow. Please DE buff my lex prime so i can one shot kill juggy, or add 200% more speed to my dragon nikana. Or even better, remove LOS from my excal and buff his damage/stamina/life/energy by like 400%.

You people need to calm down, there is vectis prime coming "soon", they are bound to make a rework of the sniper/bow system.

Edit: by the way, if im playing without a main, it means im not actually playing the game?

Sorry, are you mental?

Just go back and frigging read. Shouldn't be too hard but apparently it is.

no

Well then, if you think a dedicated sniper rifle taking more time to take the juggy to 25% than a glorified SMG is to take that same enemy to 0% is normal i seriously don't know what's wrong with you.

EDIT: corrected some typos and added a missing clause

Edited by Autongnosis

Well then, if you think a dedicated sniper rifle taking more time to take the juggy to 25% than a glorified SMG is to take that same enemy to 0% is normal i seriously don't know what's wrong with you.

first, like i said, i missed a lot of shots, i can say that i missed more than 30%, and that a sniper should not miss

second, i made a test without having maxed basic mods, nor primed charged chamber, so, my test is probably under 60% optimal performance, idk what test you did

third, you are comparing a prime weapon that is top pick for a single reason
fourth, i invested a lot less time, as i only had to buy and build, while you had to grind aka suffer/pay for it and build

so, considering all of that, soma may or not be similar to vectis in TTK juggernaut, but vectis is just harder to use and easier to get, while soma is the easiest mode weapon and one of the most expensive/hard to get

ah,  and there comes vectis prime, probably as an answer to all the asking for buff on snipers

Edited by rockscl

Sorry, are you mental?

Just go back and frigging read. Shouldn't be too hard but apparently it is.

so u just start insulting. Thats why people cant actually listen to what you say, cuz you keep demonstrating you're a 12 yo kid who just want to press a button and win. Work things for yourself. I saw people with vectis against juggy and i can say they did very well. I myself used dread against him and another friend and killed him in 4 minutes, and i can say thats even much. The problem is that you know, you gotta know how to play such weapons, where to shoot, when to aim. Thats what a sniper does, it doesnt ragely aim and shoot at an enemy leg and hope for him to instantly die. And second, im playing with far less gunpower than you do by using a main and a lot of people does, you wont see those guys complaining cuz they want a weapon OP while the rest buffed. 

Go ahead and reply if you want, your insults, attitude and maturity will stop people from taking you in consideration.

OK. For anyone who does disagree with the OP I have a site to show you which will prove his fact easily.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22222030_132-1-5-133-6-5-134-3-5-137-0-10-140-5-5-141-7-5-150-2-10-159-4-5_137-7-132-8-150-8-134-6-159-5-140-9-133-6-141-11/en/2-0-65/39559/0

(Replace Shred with Speed Trigger)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dread/t_30_22203303_132-2-5-137-0-10-140-3-5-141-4-5-150-1-10-159-6-5-361-5-5-405-7-5_137-7-150-8-132-8-140-9-141-6-361-6-159-9-405-5/en/2-0-26/34942/0

(switch Vial Acceleration with Speed trigger)

Now these are about the max DPS you can get with these weapons. As you can see Soma Prime out burst and sustain damages Dread. With the Juggernaut which the max damage you can do to is about 2k damage. The Soma Prime is doing over 10 times the damage Dread can do.

Now this isn't opinion. These are numbers and facts. Anyone who disagrees with these results are trolls and should be ignored. 

Edited by Feallike

OK. For anyone who does disagree with the OP I have a site to show you which will prove his fact easily.

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma_prime/t_30_22222030_132-1-5-133-6-5-134-3-5-137-0-10-140-5-5-141-7-5-150-2-10-159-4-5_137-7-132-8-150-8-134-6-159-5-140-9-133-6-141-11/en/2-0-65/39559/0

(Replace Shred with Speed Trigger)

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Dread/t_30_22203303_132-2-5-137-0-10-140-3-5-141-4-5-150-1-10-159-6-5-361-5-5-405-7-5_137-7-150-8-132-8-140-9-141-6-361-6-159-9-405-5/en/2-0-26/34942/0

(switch Vial Acceleration with Speed trigger)

Now these are about the max DPS you can get with these weapons. As you can see Soma Prime out burst and sustain damages Dread. With the Juggernaut which the max damage you can do to is about 2k damage. The Soma Prime is doing over 10 times the damage Dread can do.

Now this isn't opinion. These are numbers and facts. Anyone who disagrees with these results are trolls and should be ignored. 

Should I bring an actual DPS calculator into play?

Sure, I will.

TL;DR Damage Types and Resistances/Weaknesses aren't a factor on that website. One prime (heh) example is that the often considered high DPS, high ROF Soma Prime is thought, (and, in my opinion rightfully so) superior is because of its damage being mostly Slash, which, if you ignore armor, either through abilities and/or Corrosive Projection, becomes the end-all-be-all damage type to use against almost all targets (excluding robotics).

EDIT: Also, who brings Corrosive on their weapon to t4s anymore?

Edited by Czin

so u just start insulting. Thats why people cant actually listen to what you say, cuz you keep demonstrating you're a 12 yo kid who just want to press a button and win. Work things for yourself. I saw people with vectis against juggy and i can say they did very well. I myself used dread against him and another friend and killed him in 4 minutes, and i can say thats even much. The problem is that you know, you gotta know how to play such weapons, where to shoot, when to aim. Thats what a sniper does, it doesnt ragely aim and shoot at an enemy leg and hope for him to instantly die. And second, im playing with far less gunpower than you do by using a main and a lot of people does, you wont see those guys complaining cuz they want a weapon OP while the rest buffed. 

Go ahead and reply if you want, your insults, attitude and maturity will stop people from taking you in consideration.

Again. Please. We're not trying to turn snipers into MLG one-shot snipers that trivializes the entire game. We're trying to do a reasonable amount of damage using weapons that are designed to burst down VIPs with just a few shots. That's sort of the point of the weapon there.

It really doesn't matter if you shoot him with slow MP while his weakspots is open, you still deal 2k damage. Heck, I tested a bunch of single shot weapons like Dread, Paris Prime, Opticor, Vectis, Vulkar... And none of them hit the 2k damage cap, even with multi-forma build and fighting a level 50 Molecular Primed Juggernaut. 

ah,  and there comes vectis prime, probably as an answer to all the asking for buff on snipers

Not even close. 

All the problem is still there, and no amount of primed snipers is going to change that.

Vectis vs Juggernaut

2000 x 2 per shot

TTK 1:13

Ok, enough of weird words, here you have an actual 4 formas vectis doing its job as its supposed to be done, taking advantage spot and hitting the target 99%(?), is this weapon really not doing its job?, can soma do it better faster stronger?

Btw my suggestion for snipers is giving them mechanics to visually highlight Elites, so the sniper can do his role easily

Edited by rockscl

Vectis vs Juggernaut

2000 x 2 per shot

Ok, enough of weird words, here you have an actual 4 formas vectis doing its job as its supposed to be done, taking advantage spot and hitting the target 99%(?), is this weapon really not doing its job?, can soma do it better faster stronger?

Btw my suggestion for snipers is giving them mechanics to visually highlight Elites, so the sniper can do his role easily

Heavy Cal eh

I guess I have to try that out. Is that a maxed HC?

If you properly mod the vectis or any other sniper rifle and it has the damage to 1 shot the juggernaut i see no problem with it.You probably worked hours to get the rifle set up why shouldn't you be able to reap the rewards?

It will make the boss trivial,stupid,easy?I mean cmon guys,there is like more then 20 ways to completely make the juggernaut trivial.

And you guys took the worst example in the game.How many hours will you spend  killing the juggernaut behemoth?Not a lot,but you almost always shoot hordes of at least 50 enemies. 

If i 1 shot a level 100 eximus heavy gunner in the void what did i do?Nothing,im still left with 59 enemies in a group.Sniper rifles are already useless,the damage cap is just the final nail in the coffin.

If the damage gets uncapped and these rifles are able to kill really high level content in 1 shot is the new meta going to be like banshee shooting gallery mesa frost and a gmag and all of them with vectis rifles? Nope.

When it comes to balance sniper rifles need to overall deal less damage then bows for obvious reasons but using sniper rifles effectively should reward way way more then holding lmb with the soma prime or the boltor.95% acc + and a 100% headshot or a moa fanny pack hit rate should be more rewarding then just lmbing with the soma prime.

But warframe will never get onto this level,we can only hope that the damage gets uncapped at least.

Edited by Saint_94

They should make nullifiers cap damage the same way as the juggernaut; have it based on your rate of fire and multishot (but still allow damage mods and remove the 100 flat damage cap that the juggie has) so that high damage low rof weapons can kill nullies just as easily as high rof low damage ones.

Vectis vs Juggernaut

2000 x 2 per shot

Well, can't argue with that. I wonder why is it that people got such varying results when testing this. Perhaps because the fight simply favors high RoF? I mean, if you do it 'properly', as in no perch cheese, juggy is mobile with all the charging, has slowdown CC, adds etc. Hence, it is easier for a guy with Soma to spray as he zooms around, and for the guy with vectis every missed shot is a painful drop in damage output. Though, they were some reports of damage cap being buggy too. Anyway good testing. 

Again. Please. We're not trying to turn snipers into MLG one-shot snipers that trivializes the entire game. We're trying to do a reasonable amount of damage using weapons that are designed to burst down VIPs with just a few shots. That's sort of the point of the weapon there.

It really doesn't matter if you shoot him with slow MP while his weakspots is open, you still deal 2k damage. Heck, I tested a bunch of single shot weapons like Dread, Paris Prime, Opticor, Vectis, Vulkar... And none of them hit the 2k damage cap, even with multi-forma build and fighting a level 50 Molecular Primed Juggernaut. 

Not even close. 

All the problem is still there, and no amount of primed snipers is going to change that.

and i agree with you, i was talking about dumb kids who just starts insulting and demanding to be more powerful than the rest cuz they are better than the rest. I was not talking about a necesary buff these kind of weapons need.

Should I bring an actual DPS calculator into play?

Sure, I will.

TL;DR Damage Types and Resistances/Weaknesses aren't a factor on that website. One prime (heh) example is that the often considered high DPS, high ROF Soma Prime is thought, (and, in my opinion rightfully so) superior is because of its damage being mostly Slash, which, if you ignore armor, either through abilities and/or Corrosive Projection, becomes the end-all-be-all damage type to use against almost all targets (excluding robotics).

EDIT: Also, who brings Corrosive on their weapon to t4s anymore?

Having best ips vs worst ips gives something around 10% dps gain to non crit weapon and even less for crit one. Combined elements have up to 75% bonus based on resistance while ips got at best 50% againt ferrite armor which is stripped down anyway by cp.

Using your example, viral soma will get 75% bonus from 2x90% mods viral dmg(13.5times base dmg before crits) and 25% bonus from 50% of base slash increased by serration and hc(2.6times base dmg before crits). On soma ips is meaningless cause it will at best add few % to theoretical dps based on that.

Elemental dmg consists for majority of weapon dmg and you can mod every weapon for every element which renders ips meaningless in long run.

Mogamu aint wrong with theory, but in practice gains from following this theory are so small theyre meaningless.

Edited by Davoodoo

The reason some enemies have damage cap is because otherwise they would be trivial, Imagine 1 shotting the jugg. Would it live up to the role it's supposed to fill ? Damage cap is only annoying when enemies have Invincibility phases, Nullifiers are fine because if you could just disable to shield in 1 shot it would make the unit useless.

So why not just make the enemy challenging instead of using cheap tactics that just PO players? 

This has been a problem even before nullifiers. I don't know why DE still leaves shotguns and snipers as they are. At least they buffed bows.

Partly because even if less powerful than rifles they are way too powerful overall.

The reason some enemies have damage cap is because otherwise they would be trivial, Imagine 1 shotting the jugg. Would it live up to the role it's supposed to fill ? Damage cap is only annoying when enemies have Invincibility phases, Nullifiers are fine because if you could just disable to shield in 1 shot it would make the unit useless.

Juggernaut has 290k HP at base.

You won't be 1 shotting him anytime soon.

Next.

And what's wrong with bow / sniper weapons 1 hit negating Nullifiers.

Look I only got 72 rounds in my Dread. You got 200 + 800 in your Soma Prime.

My shots are far more valuable. And I am here wasting a valuable arrow just to pop a shield.

Should I at least get a guaranteed kill ?

Heck previously explosives blast through the shield and most explosive weapons only have like 20 to 40 shots of insanely invaluable ammunition.

Why should they suffer on this portion ?