Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Hand Cannon Revolver

AkerTheSpjot

I really like this Idea and adding a revolver style hand cannon would be great.

I would like the gun to deal mainly impact damage so we could use the new event mod that DE gave us from the False Profit event. The ammo from hand cannons appear like slugs and would be really fitting to deal mainly impact damage consider the round they fire like so.....

cartridge_1_500.jpg

Maybe the I/P/S stats could be this:

Impact:      140

Puncture:  17.5

Slash:        17.5

Just an idea since I really would like to use every mod once in my secondary collection because I am all for side arms.

A .45 acp is tiny compared to a .45-70

45s%20600x5834.jpg

There have been a number of revolvers with the barrel mounted in the lower frame position--mostly for improved leverage against recoil. Hammer position doesn't mean much, since any modern revolver will have transfer bar ignition (S&W was the last holdout and they folded some years ago). Also, it might not be a conventional hammer and just be a cocking piece. Firearms engineering can get...exotic.

I haven't seen or heard mentioned the .50GI in years. It was the actual answer to the (borderline useless) question of, "Why carry a .45ACP?". "Because they don't make a .46ACP." No, instead a gunsmith made a .50ACP...sorta. I think it was Guncrafters that were ultimately responsible for this. The caveat is the further you get away from a gun's original design (and especially with the 1911 pistol) the more problems you're going to have with reliability and potentially durability.

In game terms, a handcannon is a one-hand held and employed shotgun. Yes, the Brakk is an example. And, moreover, the Brakk is a revolver--watch it work in action. It does have a rotating cylinder, although presumably from its (admittedly) abbreviated reload cycle, it's more in line with the Dar$&*^ pistol than a conventional revolver. Nevertheless, it does qualify as a revolving handcannon.

I don't have the Brakk though. The barrel still haunts me in my dreams.

And I never knew it was a revolver.

Regardless, I still want to see a low firerate revolver with large recoil, it's rather satisfying to use. (In video games of course).

Uh, guys? What you're describing is the Pyrana. It's clan tech, and pretty much exactly what you're looking for. Try it out, it's not bad.

I did try it once. Though it was not potato'ed so I couldn't get it to full potential and ended up selling it for slot. Anywho, it didn't feel like a revolver to be honest.

There was a great mod for fallout 3 and new vegas that added an awesome revolver that I LOVED using, it had very limited round capacity even for a revovler, only 3 cartridges BUT it did pretty large amount of damage, most of the time heatshots, ended up decapitating or annihilating targets head.

here are some pics of this badass revolver:

35484-1-1426623539.jpg

13141-3-1295357320.jpg

13141-1-1295357317.jpg

Mod is called RHINO M1 (.45-70 Revolver) and is made by Nester

Or a ''.500 S&W Magnum'' if I wiki it right http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.500_S%26W_Magnum

As of recently, I've been trying to craft and use more weapons, adding more diversity to my arsenal, but had a hard time finding secondaries that I like. I thought of revolvers and there were : (Ak)Vasto, (Ak)Magnus and Vasto Prime, but they felt bland, and thought that we could use more revolvers. A Hand Cannon to be precise. I just love the design. That and the sound when it goes off

JTL-E_500_SampW_Magnum_12-_zpsd17e6678.j

Truth be told, I'm no firearms expert. I just play a lot of video games and a lot them involves shooting stuffs. In many of them, I usually come across a weapon called the ''Hand Cannon'', which is where I'm taking preferences from. As far as I know, it's (very) powerful, packs quite a kick, low firerate, low ammo capacity, accurate (from gameplay perspective)

Tried to come up with the stats :

Firerate : 1 round/sec

Magazine : 6 rounds/mag

Max ammo : 60 rounds

Reload time : 2s

Physical damage : 200

Impact : 50

Puncture : 140

Slash : 10

Crit chance : 15.0%

Crit Multiplier : 2.0x

Status chance : 10%

So, any thoughts, guys ?

Kotommi, on 10 Jun 2015 - 5:38 PM, said:

I think the vasto and magnus suits your magnum revolver perfectly. The sound and feels of both guns suit the type a revolver would have. These guns already are one shot kills in all the nodes of the star map. I don't know why you're asking for more? If you want a 200 dmg pistol you can try the maelrok. It's the hardest hitting pistol.

Now if you're talking about a hand CANNON that's a totally different thing. The bronco line might be your thing then. It pacts a punch like a cannon albeit the design won't look like a revolver, but I guess you can't have everything right?

Edited by Myo86

I think the vasto and magnus suits your magnum revolver perfectly. The sound and feels of both guns suit the type a revolver would have. These guns already are one shot kills in all the nodes of the star map. I don't know why you're asking for more? If you want a 200 dmg pistol you can try the maelrok. It's the hardest hitting pistol.

Now if you're talking about a hand CANNON that's a totally different thing. The bronco line might be your thing then. It pacts a punch like a cannon albeit the design won't look like a revolver, but I guess you can't have everything right?

It's true that I'm looking for revolvers and I already mentioned that I got (Ak)Vasto, (Ak)Magnus, but they felt bland. I tried Vasto Prime too and this thing actually have some heavy feel to it, thus the really loud sound, but not the "Hand cannon revolver" I was looking for (I guess I'm picky)

And again, I don't think the Marelok is a revolver, which is what the reason why I made this thread. I wanted a slow hard hitting revolver. Not some pisol or shotty sidearms, just some classic revolver, and I hope that DE will consider adding more revolvers to the game. (Don't get me wrong, I like shotty sidearms, they do pack a punch and I like using them as well).

On the sidenote, I haven't tried the Bronco though, might as well.

Rule of cool.

Still...I want to know just how exactly you index the cylinder on that beast. And where's the chamber/forcing cone? Ah, wait, I think I see how the latter is set up, but unless the cylinder is motor driven, I'm not seeing an indexing mechanic.

Since guns are a hobby of mine, this stuff interests me to no end. We see it in Warfame and the enduring debate over which primary is a bullpup, how the Braton Prime really loads, and people not knowing what an SMG really is. And how cool the reload on the Soma/SomaP is.

Now, this revolver is going to haunt my dreams. I'd have to bet on the cylinder being motor driven, so now we need a power source, which could still be part of the cartridge, so you would actually need it to be a revolver...

Lex... its the equavalent ot Desert Eagle in Warframe.

The strange part that high puncture of Lex seems to be properties of 

5.7x28mm used in FiveseveN,P90  and 4.6x30mm used in UCP, MP7

All are relatively small bore firearms which does not generate partigularly high recoil.

High recoil is seen in larger caliber like .45 ACP, .44 Magnum or .500 S&W.

Which with hollow point ammunitions it is more likely to generate mainly impact. most likely more slash than puncture.

A high impact revolver would be nice, though the main issue with warframe currently is if you make a secondary too powerful
it's going to rival primaries, and Vaykor Marelok is superior to Grinlok in all aspects of firepower.

It might be good if secondary and primaries have damage drop off. 

A pistol would kill out to 200 meters and after which the damage decreases like a shotgun, but much drastically.

An assault rifle would be effective out to 400 meters after which damage drop off
(Braton, Karak, Soma etc)

A semi-auto/ battle rifle would be effective out to 800 meters after which damage drop off
(Latron, Sybaris, Grinlok etc)

A sniper rifle would be effective out to 1200 meters after which damage drop off.

Dread and paris prime might be powerful, since they are short bow lets cut the damage at 400 meters, after which the damage drop
is less dramatic than firearms type since the arrow has more mass ?

For daikyu the effective range extends to somewhere like 600 meters since it is a long bow ?

For the effective range the weapons is going to have full damage, after which depending on weapon type
the weapons would have different damage drop off curve, some steeper and some more gentle.
maybe even mods to counter that to give a more variety in builds.

dual stats mods which does like +165% damage -75% effective range could come into play
that increases damage at trade off of range, (rip off Heavy Caliber)

And +90% effective range -15% damage for range extension at trade off of damage

(rip off Vile Acceleration)

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG